Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Cookeville, TN

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 03:09 PM
RockwallGlide
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cookeville, TN

I in the middle of planning a ride to Cookeville, TN to ride the what they refer to as the Tennessee Twelve. Has anyone ridden these routes? Any feedback?

Old 10-10-2018, 06:13 AM
ROUNDHEAD
Road Master
Received 171 Likes on 123 Posts

Looks like I have rode several of those roads, but, did not know they had a name.

Beautiful countryside, small quaint towns. Go on Saturdays and experience downtown markets and other activities.

From what I remember the roads were well maintained and some modest hills and curves. We stayed at Comfort Suites in Cookeville and it was good.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:21 AM
Prof Rene
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,460 Likes on 1,208 Posts

My inlaws live near Cookeville. There are some great roads and views. I recommend you find some motorcycle maps. I know the Sparta Chamber of commerce had some. Cookeville hosted the HOG ralley a couple of times and they are very biker friendly. I was at one and it was great fun. The local dealer has all kinds of information on the area that is useful. I wish I knew more roads, but I am a get lost and see where I end up. Heck, I was taking backroads to Tenn from Florida and some how I made a wrong turn and I heard my wife over comms state "Hey, welcome to Alabama." Oppps! I went West instead of North on a road. lol. Good times.
Have fun and take pictures
Check out this website from the Cookeville Visitor center

The following users liked this post:
RMcCord (10-20-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 08:29 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,496 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Prof Rene
My inlaws live near Cookeville. There are some great roads and views. I recommend you find some motorcycle maps. I know the Sparta Chamber of commerce had some. Cookeville hosted the HOG ralley a couple of times and they are very biker friendly. I was at one and it was great fun. The local dealer has all kinds of information on the area that is useful. I wish I knew more roads, but I am a get lost and see where I end up. Heck, I was taking backroads to Tenn from Florida and some how I made a wrong turn and I heard my wife over comms state "Hey, welcome to Alabama." Oppps! I went West instead of North on a road. lol. Good times.
That's easy to do. Several times I've thought I was in Tenn or NC only to find out I was in Georgia or SC.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:35 AM
Prof Rene
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Raider Bill
That's easy to do. Several times I've thought I was in Tenn or NC only to find out I was in Georgia or SC.
Yeah, but my wife saw the sign, I heard the banjos. lol.

Oh yeah, bring on the hate. lol

Old 10-10-2018, 09:24 AM
RockwallGlide
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Cookville guide is what got me stirred up about going to ride in this area. Unfortunately the rides in the guide have broken links. The rides are no longer in the Harley Ride Planner. I have started building them myself now. Once I ride them and I can confirm the routes etc, I will be happy to share them.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Prof Rene
Stellar HDF Member

I did a little research and was able to come across some links. I hope they help.
Link 1
Link 2
I am doing this for me as well. I love riding out there. I might take my 1982 Sporty up there for some craziness.

The following users liked this post:
nibroc (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 12:49 PM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Heck, I've ridden most of them by accident just didn't know they had a name.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:57 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,167 Likes on 5,391 Posts

. Cookeville hosted the HOG ralley a couple of times and they are very biker friendly.
Biker friendly? opinions vary.....

I go to "junebug boogie"rally in Cookeville ..not unusual to have to go through a DUI roadblock on Sunday morning when leaving.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
Biker friendly? opinions vary.....

I go to "junebug boogie"rally in Cookeville ..not unusual to have to go through a DUI roadblock on Sunday morning when leaving.
I've seen 2 "helmet check" road blocks there in years past. Guy I ride with and his Lady got ticketed for illegal helmets couple years ago in another.

Quick Reply: Cookeville, TN