Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Forums > Road Trips
Reload this Page >

What dream rides do you have planned for 2019?

Notices
Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

What dream rides do you have planned for 2019?

 
  #131  
Old 01-09-2019, 01:10 AM
Kaution321
Kaution321 is offline
New Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Road Star View Post
Hoping to do California to Florida and back, in May. Couldn't get the trip done last summer, hoping it works out this year.
where is the starting point in California?
 
  #132  
Old 01-09-2019, 12:06 PM
Road Star's Avatar
Road Star
Road Star is online now
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Orange County
Posts: 5,528
Thanked 133 Times in 112 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kaution321 View Post
where is the starting point in California?
I'm in South Orange County. I have a friend that lives in the Orlando area.
 
  #133  
Old 01-09-2019, 09:26 PM
Kaution321
Kaution321 is offline
New Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Road Star View Post
I'm in South Orange County. I have a friend that lives in the Orlando area.
Cool I'll be moving to orange county this year.
 
  #134  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:52 PM
jimmmya's Avatar
jimmmya
jimmmya is offline
Supporter
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 159
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Leaving RI July 5th Three week trip Skyline Dr BRP Dragon Nashville Memphis Natchez Trace New Orleans Biloxi Savannah then follow coast back home
Three years ago did same ride but Memphis was finial destination
 
  #135  
Old 01-12-2019, 11:22 AM
tnriverluver's Avatar
tnriverluver
tnriverluver is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2015
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 2,688
Thanked 314 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jimmmya View Post
Leaving RI July 5th Three week trip Skyline Dr BRP Dragon Nashville Memphis Natchez Trace New Orleans Biloxi Savannah then follow coast back home
Three years ago did same ride but Memphis was finial destination
Took the Trace from Tupelo down to Louisiana to visit my son in Scott La back in August. Really nice ride just to avoid Interstate traffic. Had never done that section before. The section out of Nashville I've done several times and is the best part by far but I enjoyed the rest and will make it my route from now on if I'm on a bike.
 
  #136  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:44 AM
Campbell's Avatar
Campbell
Campbell is offline
New Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Yarra Valley
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Sturgis. Dream ride of a lifetime for me. Been wanting to do it ever since my training wheels came off.
Fly from Aus, 5 days in Vegas, then grab a Street Glide and ride for 6 days. Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, 4 corners, Million dollar highway, Vail, Rocky Mountains, Iron Mountain Road. Then Sturgis of course.
Once my over stimulation of that has calmed down. Finish the trip off by flying back to Vegas, grab a car and start a 2 week trip through Death Valley, Yosemite, San Fran to LA.
Wife's not too happy as I booked it and then told her, figured it easier to seek forgiveness than permission 😄
6 monrhs to go and counting 🤗
 
  #137  
Old 01-13-2019, 02:32 PM
tnriverluver's Avatar
tnriverluver
tnriverluver is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2015
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 2,688
Thanked 314 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
Sturgis. Dream ride of a lifetime for me. Been wanting to do it ever since my training wheels came off.
Fly from Aus, 5 days in Vegas, then grab a Street Glide and ride for 6 days. Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, 4 corners, Million dollar highway, Vail, Rocky Mountains, Iron Mountain Road. Then Sturgis of course.
Once my over stimulation of that has calmed down. Finish the trip off by flying back to Vegas, grab a car and start a 2 week trip through Death Valley, Yosemite, San Fran to LA.
Wife's not too happy as I booked it and then told her, figured it easier to seek forgiveness than permission 😄
6 monrhs to go and counting 🤗
Wow! That is one heck of a trip! Hope it all works out as planned. Good luck dude!
 
  #138  
Old 01-13-2019, 02:45 PM
RFG's Avatar
RFG
RFG is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Up on the Lake. Ohio.
Posts: 2,387
Thanked 219 Times in 183 Posts
Default

This years plan is New England NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA and back to Ohio. 9 days. Last year we did Devils Tower I have a thread here with Pics. If the weather is shitty plan B is the Keys. Plan C is New Orleans. Anywhere really. We have the days slotted. Next year will be 14 days. Grand Canyon.
 
  #139  
Old 01-13-2019, 03:15 PM
tnriverluver's Avatar
tnriverluver
tnriverluver is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2015
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 2,688
Thanked 314 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RFG View Post
This years plan is New England NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA and back to Ohio. 9 days. Last year we did Devils Tower I have a thread here with Pics. If the weather is shitty plan B is the Keys. Plan C is New Orleans. Anywhere really. We have the days slotted. Next year will be 14 days. Grand Canyon.
Friends of mine did of much the NE a few years ago and went on up into Nova Scotia. They have been all over the USA and that was by far there favorite trip.
 
  #140  
Old 01-13-2019, 03:24 PM
RFG's Avatar
RFG
RFG is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Up on the Lake. Ohio.
Posts: 2,387
Thanked 219 Times in 183 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tnriverluver View Post
Friends of mine did of much the NE a few years ago and went on up into Nova Scotia. They have been all over the USA and that was by far there favorite trip.
My family is from Mass. Been all over N. E. In a big truck and camping with friends. My first choice us the Keys. But my friend has never been to N.E. I just did this trip 3 years ago. But its about the ride and the company. So I'm good with showing him probably some of the best riding and views we have. We do tents only and go where and whenever. Best part is that for me.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: