Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

What dream rides do you have planned for 2019?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 01:10 AM
Kaution321
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
Hoping to do California to Florida and back, in May. Couldn't get the trip done last summer, hoping it works out this year.
where is the starting point in California?

Old 01-09-2019, 12:06 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaution321
where is the starting point in California?
I'm in South Orange County. I have a friend that lives in the Orlando area.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:26 PM
Kaution321
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
I'm in South Orange County. I have a friend that lives in the Orlando area.
Cool I'll be moving to orange county this year.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:52 PM
jimmmya
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Leaving RI July 5th Three week trip Skyline Dr BRP Dragon Nashville Memphis Natchez Trace New Orleans Biloxi Savannah then follow coast back home
Three years ago did same ride but Memphis was finial destination

Old 01-12-2019, 11:22 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmmya
Leaving RI July 5th Three week trip Skyline Dr BRP Dragon Nashville Memphis Natchez Trace New Orleans Biloxi Savannah then follow coast back home
Three years ago did same ride but Memphis was finial destination
Took the Trace from Tupelo down to Louisiana to visit my son in Scott La back in August. Really nice ride just to avoid Interstate traffic. Had never done that section before. The section out of Nashville I've done several times and is the best part by far but I enjoyed the rest and will make it my route from now on if I'm on a bike.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:44 AM
Campbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sturgis. Dream ride of a lifetime for me. Been wanting to do it ever since my training wheels came off.
Fly from Aus, 5 days in Vegas, then grab a Street Glide and ride for 6 days. Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, 4 corners, Million dollar highway, Vail, Rocky Mountains, Iron Mountain Road. Then Sturgis of course.
Once my over stimulation of that has calmed down. Finish the trip off by flying back to Vegas, grab a car and start a 2 week trip through Death Valley, Yosemite, San Fran to LA.
Wife's not too happy as I booked it and then told her, figured it easier to seek forgiveness than permission 😄
6 monrhs to go and counting 🤗

Old 01-13-2019, 02:32 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Campbell
Sturgis. Dream ride of a lifetime for me. Been wanting to do it ever since my training wheels came off.
Fly from Aus, 5 days in Vegas, then grab a Street Glide and ride for 6 days. Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, 4 corners, Million dollar highway, Vail, Rocky Mountains, Iron Mountain Road. Then Sturgis of course.
Once my over stimulation of that has calmed down. Finish the trip off by flying back to Vegas, grab a car and start a 2 week trip through Death Valley, Yosemite, San Fran to LA.
Wife's not too happy as I booked it and then told her, figured it easier to seek forgiveness than permission 😄
6 monrhs to go and counting 🤗
Wow! That is one heck of a trip! Hope it all works out as planned. Good luck dude!

Old 01-13-2019, 02:45 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

This years plan is New England NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA and back to Ohio. 9 days. Last year we did Devils Tower I have a thread here with Pics. If the weather is shitty plan B is the Keys. Plan C is New Orleans. Anywhere really. We have the days slotted. Next year will be 14 days. Grand Canyon.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:15 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by RFG
This years plan is New England NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA and back to Ohio. 9 days. Last year we did Devils Tower I have a thread here with Pics. If the weather is shitty plan B is the Keys. Plan C is New Orleans. Anywhere really. We have the days slotted. Next year will be 14 days. Grand Canyon.
Friends of mine did of much the NE a few years ago and went on up into Nova Scotia. They have been all over the USA and that was by far there favorite trip.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:24 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Friends of mine did of much the NE a few years ago and went on up into Nova Scotia. They have been all over the USA and that was by far there favorite trip.
My family is from Mass. Been all over N. E. In a big truck and camping with friends. My first choice us the Keys. But my friend has never been to N.E. I just did this trip 3 years ago. But its about the ride and the company. So I'm good with showing him probably some of the best riding and views we have. We do tents only and go where and whenever. Best part is that for me.

Quick Reply: What dream rides do you have planned for 2019?