Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

What dream rides do you have planned for 2019?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 08:02 AM
Dan28
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandcrab

From Washington to Yellowstone to Mt Rushmore to Chief Crazy Horse to Sturgis to Chief Joseph Highway via Beartooth Pass to Spam Museum to HD Museum in Milwaukee to home..

This will complete my quest to ride in all 50 states.

30 days, 11,288 miles.
I could be reading that wrong, but you may want to do Chief Joseph and Beartooth before heading towards Crazy Horse and Sturgis, or you will have to backtrack to them. I did a similar part of this trip last year. Also, if you haven't been, might as well go see the Devil's Tower while you are on your way to Crazy Horse and Sturgis. I think it will only take an hour or two detour. I know I wasn't planning on it on my trip but once I saw the signs for it on my way back east decided to go see it.

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Dan28, ya gotta put western VA, WV, northwestern PA, and central NY on your list. You can have eastern VA, NJ, and metro NY, IMO! I live in north central PA, and never get tired of riding up here, but I think WV may be my favorite riding.
I've been to all those states either via car or plane, although probably not the exact areas mentioned. In PA and NY only been to Pittsburgh, Philly and New York city. I've been in a car across West VA, but it was when I was a kid and barely remember it. I definitely will get them on a bike within a year or two.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:28 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 381 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan28
I could be reading that wrong, but you may want to do Chief Joseph and Beartooth before heading towards Crazy Horse and Sturgis, or you will have to backtrack to them. I did a similar part of this trip last year. Also, if you haven't been, might as well go see the Devil's Tower while you are on your way to Crazy Horse and Sturgis. I think it will only take an hour or two detour. I know I wasn't planning on it on my trip but once I saw the signs for it on my way back east decided to go see it.
Dan 28, I just wrote them down as i remembered them and not as I will probably ride it. What is the Devil's Tower?

Old 11-20-2018, 09:03 AM
Dan28
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandcrab
Dan 28, I just wrote them down as i remembered them and not as I will probably ride it. What is the Devil's Tower?
You might recognize it from movies.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:12 AM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,084 Likes on 3,325 Posts

Planning on me and my wife following the path of the Erie Canal. Tons of small towns, nice easy low mileage days..Shes not big on spending long days in the saddle on the highway so this works good..

Old 11-20-2018, 09:28 AM
rnl_1200C
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 43 Posts

Riding down from Central MA to Birmingham, AL to visit a sick friend. Then on to Orlando to visit another friend. I might add a few more stops on the way and back.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:21 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by rnl_1200C
Riding down from Central MA to Birmingham, AL to visit a sick friend. Then on to Orlando to visit another friend. I might add a few more stops on the way and back.
While in B'ham visit the Barber Motorsports Museum and complex. Amazing place!!!! In many ways puts the Harley Museum to shame.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:23 PM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 381 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
While in B'ham visit the Barber Motorsports Museum and complex. Amazing place!!!! In many ways puts the Harley Museum to shame.
Yes this should be a must see if you are near Leeds, Alabama.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:28 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,341 Likes on 3,310 Posts

Blue Ridge and Smokies in May and it sure would be nice if I can scratch Sturgis off the list. 2020 will be a better year because I plan to semi-retire.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:25 AM
Grandslam
Road Master
Received 308 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Yep, what they said.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:31 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Route 66 - Chicago to LA for my 50th birthday.

A Londoners dream come true!

Quick Reply: What dream rides do you have planned for 2019?