Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Road Trips (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips-23/)
-   -   What dream rides do you have planned for 2019? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips/1261160-what-dream-rides-do-you-have-planned-for-2019-a.html)

tnriverluver 11-16-2018 09:01 PM

What dream rides do you have planned for 2019?

I'm planning on doing a Virginia/ W Va. trip, tired of doing the Dragon area so something different! Have my 2019 Buffalo Chip pass already and hope to go over to Yellowstone and a few other places before leaving, Never been able to make it to Yellowstone, Beartooth etc. Had such a great time at Bikes Blues and BBQ in Ark we reserved a room for 19 as soon as we got home. Still trying to come up with one or two more adventures.

Dan D. 11-16-2018 09:43 PM

My son and I are taking three weeks in August to ride from Florida to Wyoming and back. Gonna hit a few of the key spots on our way. Probably a day or two in Sturgis. Yellowstone, Rushmore, etc. But we'll be spending a week in Gillette to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the PGI.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...1b79557d2c.jpg

Geezr Glidr 11-16-2018 09:46 PM

Wouldn't call it a dream ride, but I love WV, and have to ride down there at least once a year. I'm good for 2 nights out, and 3 days of riding. I hear eastern KY is nice too. Not sure I'd like a 3 week trip out west, but I'd like to see Mt. Rushmore & Black Hills, so I'd try that trip sometime. Check out Bridge Day at New River Gorge Bridge WV for next year. It's always the 3rd Saturday of October. It's a pretty fun day.

tnriverluver 11-16-2018 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr (Post 17831383)
Wouldn't call it a dream ride, but I love WV, and have to ride down there at least once a year. I'm good for 2 nights out, and 3 days of riding. I hear eastern KY is nice too. Not sure I'd like a 3 week trip out west, but I'd like to see Mt. Rushmore & Black Hills, so I'd try that trip sometime. Check out Bridge Day at New River Gorge Bridge WV for next year. It's always the 3rd Saturday of October. It's a pretty fun day.

I'll be doing KY/Va/W Va in the spring/early summer. Have a friend that lives in Va that knows the area and roads very well.. More of a sport touring guy so he really knows the twisties in the area.

Grandslam 11-17-2018 05:32 AM

Most likely 2020, but I am starting to look at a trip to Bannf. Some of the most beautiful pics I have ever seen are from that area.

WV and VA has some beautiful riding. They say there is not a bad road in WV.

Geezr Glidr 11-17-2018 06:43 AM

WV is great. I love it down there. Beautiful scenery, things to do, and not a straight road in the whole state! Roads are in great shape too. Just pick a route number, and it's probably a wonderful ride.

deadhawg 11-17-2018 09:58 AM

I'm looking at maps trying to decide if I will do a loop from CA to Colorado to ride the Million Dollar Highway, then north to Glacier National Park in Montana, then west to ride the coast from Washington down to CA again, or break it up into two different trips. To do one loop I would cover around 4,500 miles in four weeks, two trips will be about two or three weeks each, 6,000 miles total, with about a month in between. It might just come down to what the weather is like at the time. Either way, it will be mostly two lanes, minimal slab time.

TriGeezer 11-17-2018 10:14 AM

From San Diego:
- Snake River Highway
- Jackson Hole
- Teton National Park
- Yellowstone
- Going to the Sun Road from the East
- Glacier National Park
- Salmon River Highway
- Lake Tahoe
- Tioga Pass Road
- Yosemite NP
- Home

4,700 Miles, 2 weeks

tnriverluver 11-17-2018 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by TriGeezer (Post 17832030)
From San Diego:
- Snake River Highway
- Jackson Hole
- Teton National Park
- Yellowstone
- Going to the Sun Road from the East
- Glacier National Park
- Salmon River Highway
- Lake Tahoe
- Tioga Pass Road
- Yosemite NP
- Home

4,700 Miles, 2 weeks

Quite a few of those are actually on my list when I go to Sturgis this time. Not planning to stay in Sturgis more than a couple of days at most. Been there done that several times. Just have to find enough days to get it all done.

jeffro09 11-17-2018 01:48 PM

I want to do Yellowstone.