Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Banff Loop

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 06:57 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,335 Likes on 3,273 Posts

Several of my friends have lived up that way and tell me to make the trip...It’s at the top of my list with a few others...

Old 12-28-2018, 07:07 AM
Grandslam
Road Master
Received 308 Likes on 197 Posts

Thanks RK for the comments. The plan is coming together. I think I will plan a couple of days in Jasper, then head south to the Banff area for a day or so.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:52 PM
Grandslam
Road Master

Some of the best pics of the rockies I have ever seen in the Banff area. About the best pics I have ever seen from anywhere. I got to go see for myself. Just went to Glacier this year. I guess I get to go back.

Old 12-29-2018, 07:52 PM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,475 Likes on 3,899 Posts

If your staying in Jasper for awhile I suggest you check out Miette Hotsprings .... It's well worth it ! The road heading into Miette is quite nice ... Two of my buddies actually went off that road into the ditch . It has some nice hair pin turns and fairly steep roads . We go there for a coffee and a piece of pie everytime we're in Jasper .
You could also check out Athabasca falls , very nice there also , this was one of my favorite places .

Old 12-29-2018, 09:04 PM
dingrr
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Good stuff. I have Banff and the surrounding area on my list either on the way to or from Alaska next year. It sounds like 2-3 days there might not be enough!

Old 12-29-2018, 10:31 PM
Grandslam
Road Master

Thanks Rk. I will add the hot springs to my to do list. I should be about ready for a good soak.

I did the hot springs in Yellowstone last year. I had been wanting to do that for some time. I also took a dip in Lake Macdonald in Glacier last year too.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:16 PM
Salmo pass
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default The jasper reply

to funny as I know that road well. I travel it every second year for the last 30. My favorited is my Edith cavell. My favourite town in the Alberta -Bc Rockies is Nakusp BC

Old 12-30-2018, 06:34 AM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,475 Likes on 3,899 Posts

This coming June we're heading to Nelson and are travelling through Nakusp to meet up with a friend from Kelowna . I don't know the area but I'm looking forward to the ferry ride ( Not sure where it is ?? ) I've never been on one , so looking forward to it .

I wanted to see Mt.Robson but the day we planned our ride there , there was an accident that closed the road into Jasper and we were stuck in Hinton for most of the day . I was told a semi overturned and started a fire .

Grandslam : I'm more of a subway kinda guy , but if you like fine dining there is a restaurant called O’Shea’s . Excellent meals , there stir fry is awesome and you won't starve there ,

Old 12-31-2018, 06:19 AM
Grandslam
Road Master

I have looked a little at camping for a night in Nakusp. I don't want to be pushed for time and not sure about the time involved with the ferries. I have ridden right on a ferry and had to wait 20-30 minutes before.

That is good to hear Salmo. Any recommendations for a campground or good place to eat in Nakusp?

Old 01-01-2019, 11:46 AM
Salmo pass
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Info share nakusp

hi there is good camping right in the town of Nakusp. The best food that I have found is at the Lodge arrow lakes right in Main Street. There are also a coupe of cool cafes / bakery’s on Main Street. Nakusp is a small place right on the shores of arrow lake. Good camping in Kaslo as well about a 90 min ride. On some of the best roads along the lakes and mountains you will find. There are s couple of weekends one in Aug and the other I think in July when nakusp camping is full. There is the BC beemers rally I think in July and in Aug there is a large horizons adventure bike rally. If you need a break from camping the Lodge hotel in Nakusp is the place to stay nice good location and fair price.

Quick Reply: Banff Loop