Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Rider to Rider Intercom

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 08:48 AM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,124 Likes on 1,621 Posts

I had the Sena SMH10R for 3 years and loved it, until the wires broke. I tried the 30K got screwed over by amazon and then the 20Ss. Neither one had audio loud enough for me to hear above 40 MPH. I went round and round with Sena Support for almost a month, got right up to the Amazon return window and packaged it up and sent it back.

For right now I got a cheap $54 blue tooth unit off of Amazon that works fairly well. Haven't paired it with anyone else though. I may try Cardo or go back to the Sena 10 series. After their poor customer service the only reason I'm even considering going back to the Sena 10 series is my 3 kids have them.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:55 PM
Chumly
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by guido4198
This isn't gonna help answer the query of the OP, but thought I'd relate my experience with the idea of some kind of rider/passenger intercom.
A while back, 1986 in fact...The wife and I rode my shiny new 1985 FXRS from Nashville to Daytona for Bikeweek '86. It was our first longish road trip on the new bike.
Riding around Daytona, she saw a lot of Goldwing riders with their gi-normous bulbous helmets on their heads, many of them equipped with microphone looking things sticking out in front of the wearer's mouth.
Soooo...she asks me "what are those things on their helmets..??"
I replied.."Those are microphones for their intercom system".
She immediately responds: "WE NEED THOSE..!!! "
I carefully pulled the bike off the road into a small parking lot and brought her to a safe stop. Put both feet on the ground and sort of turned around so I could look at her and said:
"Now here I am...cruisin' down the road...enjoying the sun on my face and the breeze on my knees.....WHY in the F**K do you think I would want to talk to you..??
Did I mention that's an EX-wife...????
We kept having communication issues with them. I couldn't figure it out. They were charged and all. Oddly enough, we ended up not using them. Seemed like a cost effective lesson learned. Yep, she's an ex. Oh, and she was on her own deluxe. She never wanted to lead the ride, just tell me where to go and what to do and how I wasn't leading properly. Poor girl, she was unhappy. My ride was blissful and quiet when we started having issues with those devices. Oddly enough, when we were going somewhere together in a car, she didn't want to talk. hmm... what a blessing she was.

Old 01-22-2019, 04:45 AM
endscuoio
Former Sponsor
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ROUNDHEAD
We have used Sena for several years. They are great.

So much better to be able to communicate, especially if wife is on her own bike.
True, True and True! My father has a set of Sena for him and my mother. Needless to say that his set works better than my cheaper one. I spent 70€ on mine and as soon as i get at speed communication gets worse and battery life is less good than sena as well.
I will be looking into it very soon.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:50 PM
DNW1960
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.ucleardigital.com/shop/h...m-single-pack/

Give these a try.....Uclear amp-pro. no boom mic and work excellent.