Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Road Trips (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips-23/)
-   -   Rider to Rider Intercom (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips/1265849-rider-to-rider-intercom.html)

champ198 12-31-2018 05:32 AM

Rider to Rider Intercom

looking to get some ideas on a Rider to Rider intercom. just mainly looking for something for me and my wife who will be the passenger on my bike to be able to communicate back and forth while on the road.
just mainly looking for something simple.
have looked at some of the Sena units online but not sure if there is something else that's out there that would work for us and just be simple. not looking for anything fancy or listening to music or anything like turn by turn directions from my phone gps just mainly communication between us

the Cardo Freecom 2 was one we were kind of looking at. still has some of the other features but priced about where we want.

ROUNDHEAD 12-31-2018 05:58 AM

We have used Sena for several years. They are great.

So much better to be able to communicate, especially if wife is on her own bike.

smitty901 12-31-2018 06:09 AM

Cardo makes a product that beats Sena in every way just find the model that meets your current needs and budget . Then consider future needs.

road king Q 12-31-2018 07:01 AM

Sena 3s can be had for less than $100. Not the range from bike to bike. Will do that through the phone. But you asked for rider passenger.
a few different sets for different types of helmet. 3 i think

HFS 01-08-2019 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by smitty901 (Post 17925780)
Cardo makes a product that beats Sena in every way just find the model that meets your current needs and budget . Then consider future needs.

Just curious Smitty, - what makes em better?
I haven't tried any Cardio stuff, I've has the Sena 20s and 10x [cant remember the x part]. They have done well for us.

All I know is I'm trying to not get into the HD WHIM and HD Sena units. [trying]

H

Hunter55 01-09-2019 08:11 AM

I would recommend going to YouTube and checking out FortNine reviews on the Cardo vs Sena Best Motorcycle Communication Systems of 2018,

Wedgeply 01-09-2019 02:38 PM

Sena Calvary half helmet

does anyone have any experience with the Sena Calvary hamlet? Will be using for rider/passenger. I purchased the IMC headsets for half helmets and there is too much wing noise.

road king Q 01-09-2019 05:06 PM

I read a lot of good reviews about the sena cavalry. Found a place to try on and it didn't work for me. I got a pointed head
Reviews said the sound was good and the mic shielded enough to reduce wind noise.... But I did not try one. $350

guido4198 01-10-2019 05:42 AM

This isn't gonna help answer the query of the OP, but thought I'd relate my experience with the idea of some kind of rider/passenger intercom.
A while back, 1986 in fact...The wife and I rode my shiny new 1985 FXRS from Nashville to Daytona for Bikeweek '86. It was our first longish road trip on the new bike.
Riding around Daytona, she saw a lot of Goldwing riders with their gi-normous bulbous helmets on their heads, many of them equipped with microphone looking things sticking out in front of the wearer's mouth.
Soooo...she asks me "what are those things on their helmets..??"
I replied.."Those are microphones for their intercom system".
She immediately responds: "WE NEED THOSE..!!! "
I carefully pulled the bike off the road into a small parking lot and brought her to a safe stop. Put both feet on the ground and sort of turned around so I could look at her and said:
"Now here I am...cruisin' down the road...enjoying the sun on my face and the breeze on my knees.....WHY in the F**K do you think I would want to talk to you..??
Did I mention that's an EX-wife...????

Steelknee57 01-10-2019 08:41 AM

^^^sounds expensive.^^^