Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Looking for cool thing to see on my road trip to Nashville

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 08:23 PM
RutRoo
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Somewhere a little south?of Nashville is Bluegrass Underground. They have Bluegrass performances in a natural amphitheater in an underground cavern.

Old 01-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,922 Likes on 2,565 Posts

I-81 and Blue Ridge run parallel to each other. I can get to VA in one day from home, then we start the next morning in Winchester VA, shoot over to Front Royal and ride BRP as far as we want until we get bored then shoot over to 81 to make some miles. Good place to stop overnight is Floyd VA, the Hotel Floyd is super nice and amazingly cheap, town has a couple of really good restaurants. Next day take 221 for a while then back to BRP, Little Switzerland for lunch. End that day in Maggie Valley. Hit up Wheels thru Time Museum, well worth the stop. Next day ride thru Cherokee to the Tail of the Dragon finally hooking up with I-40 into Nashville.

We have done that basic route several times, great mix of killer roads and making some miles, good time.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:26 AM
HFS
Club Member
Received 307 Likes on 194 Posts

I was down in Nashville in 2013..? I think. I rode a long trip, but I was coming up from Florida. I rode the Tail of the Dragon, and then headed west to Nashville. I stopped in to the Johnny Cash Museum. http://www.johnnycashmuseum.com/
I know there is things to see like the Grande Ol Opry. But, I only went to see John's place.
I then meandered north to Milwaukee.

Have a good ride and safe trip.

H

Old 01-08-2019, 11:03 AM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by powermaker
Less than an hour north of Nashville off of I-75 is the National corvette museum. Pretty cool tour and a nice Harley dealership across the interstate.

The HD store is HD of Bowling Green. That is one of the two that is owned by the company that I work for. That facility is really nice and the people are pretty cool too.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:28 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Nashville

In Kentucky there is Mammoth Cave, Vette Museum, bourbon trail, and in Tennessee, Jack Daniels, Natchez Trace, Grand Ole Opry, Loveless Motel, lower Broad Street in Nashville, the list just keeps on going.
BTW Nashville is a music town and not just country. There is also bluegrass, jazz, and rock and roll.
Have fun

Old 01-09-2019, 01:59 PM
switchglide12
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Take 81 to Harrisburg from there take 15 south you can stop by Gettysburg PA see the sight (Battle Ground HD is nice place to stop) then continue on 15 south to VA 340 from there you have option to take Skyline Drive or just stay on 340. It is better then riding 81. Other option is 81 to US 50 West to 219 south that is a beautiful ride thru WV. Enjoy your trip.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:32 AM
North country
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Hey Stixx, 81 is just as bad as 95 ---- all the way to Florida! When you get to Hagerstown MD, head west on 68, through Cumberland, all the way to Morgantown WV, and then south on 79. Then 19 to New River Gorge Bridge. Then, 19 runs into 77, and back to 81 in Wytheville VA. 68 & 79 are wonderful rides for interstates. Nothing like 81. WV is a great state in which to ride. It's a little further west & out of your way, but you'll never regret WV riding. Also, there's a visitors ctr just before New River Gorge Bridge, and definitely worth a stop. I love WV. I'm in upstate PA, and I go down there AT LEAST once a summer just to ride the roads & see the sights down there. Also, in Weston WV is a tour through the old Weston State Hospital. It's Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. Only about a mile off 79, and about a half hour south of Morgantown.

I second the recommendation of New River Gorge, very cool. I went to the American Pickers store in Nashville. They had some stuff that I had watched them pick on TV, including the Von Dutch VW motorcycle, but about 2/3 of the stuff in the store was their merchandise (hats, shirts, coffee cups, etc). I headed SW after that, to Memphis