Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Texas in May...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 10:52 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,289 Likes on 5,893 Posts

Rocky if you were coming just a bit farther East as soon as you crossed the Red River in Whisky Falls (Wichita Falls, TX) I would put you up here for the night at my place and take you to the oldest bar in Texas for a cold red draw. Only bar left in the State that I know of that is Grandfathered in where you can drink outside in your truck or on your motorcycle...think about it...mmmmm cold red draw.....hahahaha...

Google it. The red draw was invented at this old biker friendly bar many many years ago.... Called P2, The Deuce....They have good bar food too....

Old 01-17-2019, 01:43 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,080 Likes on 8,912 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Rocky if you were coming just a bit farther East as soon as you crossed the Red River in Whisky Falls (Wichita Falls, TX) I would put you up here for the night at my place and take you to the oldest bar in Texas for a cold red draw. Only bar left in the State that I know of that is Grandfathered in where you can drink outside in your truck or on your motorcycle...think about it...mmmmm cold red draw.....hahahaha...

Google it. The red draw was invented at this old biker friendly bar many many years ago.... Called P2, The Deuce....They have good bar food too....

Sounds like a plan to me, thanks...... I will be in touch the closer to the projected travel dates.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:50 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,289 Likes on 5,893 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky
Sounds like a plan to me, thanks...... I will be in touch the closer to the projected travel dates.
Just let me know amigo....

Old 01-17-2019, 08:01 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,080 Likes on 8,912 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Just let me know amigo....
Looking forward to being there. It will be cool to be somewhere with someone who knows the lay of the land.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:56 AM
MGN54
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

And don't forget Luckenbach. Great place for a stretch and a beer. Pretty quiet during the week. Weekends will find lots of bikes there. Sounds like a great trip!

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (01-18-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 08:28 PM
wyoming55
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm going to the Hill Country but will be there early April, for a couple of weeks, just going to ride all over out there, been there before on the bike and several times in pickup but first time early spring. Wife is riding her touring Sportster as usual. Looking forward to some good riding a some great brisket. Brisket is rare where I from, slow cooked Bar B Que here in Kentucky doesn't include beef,

Old 03-14-2019, 06:58 AM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 625 Posts

Judge Roy Beans Bar & court room.
.. ya, I am thinking about that. The hill country, Big Bend, and whatever strokes my goat. Head down thru Idaho, Utah, Arizona.... come back through New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming and Montana. Maybe spend a few days in San Antonio or Austin.

In Big Bend and the hill country...... camping or motels that time of year?
If you go into BIg Bend,check out Terlingua (right on the border) pretty cool place to visit and in the hill country Luckenbach was nice.They always have a band there no matter what day of the week and cold beer.Near Big Bend we stayed in Fort Davis but that was in early Oct. had plenty of rooms.

Last edited by piper59; 03-14-2019 at 07:30 AM. Reason: add pics
Old 03-15-2019, 06:07 AM
pgpn
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am building a map.... so what would a good little city to use as a base for Hill Country?.. good restaurants, nice motels, sights to see.
river front motel bandera

mtgriz (03-15-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 05:56 AM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

If your travels pass thru Terlingua, one place that calls to you is La Kiva bar and food. It's damn "rustic".

Oh and visit The Thirsty Goat bar in Lajitas. Last time we were there a couple deuce-and-a-halfs of Mexican Army troops drove across the Rio Grande and joined us drinking beer. Then let us shoot their fully automatic toys back across the river into Mexico. That was pretty surreal.

Last edited by Sierra977; 03-18-2019 at 06:01 AM.
MajorKG (03-27-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 06:56 AM
evotrike
Road Master
Received 470 Likes on 262 Posts

[QUOTE=CanadianRocky;17948154].. ya, I am thinking about that. The hill country, Big Bend, and whatever strokes my goat. Head down thru Idaho, Utah, Arizona.... come back through New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming and Montana. Maybe spend a few days in San Antonio or Austin.

In Big Bend and the hill country...... camping or motels that time of year?[/QUOTE. I'm with txrdr on Kerrville-Shriner Park if you want to camp. Super 8 hotel in town biker friendly. Gateway to Twisted Sisters rides, close ride to Fredericksburg, Luckenback, etc. Fredericksburg is more of a tourist town.

Quick Reply: Texas in May...