Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

have any of you all stayed at Iron Horse Motorcycle Resort in TN

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 01:51 PM
champ198
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts
Default have any of you all stayed at Iron Horse Motorcycle Resort in TN

looking at just staying here for our trip to the smokies this May. looks like a nice place bike friendly obiviously, a nice restaurant and gift shop as well as close to the good rides also.
was curious if any of you all have stayed there and if so what are your thoughts on it

Old 01-10-2019, 06:43 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,721 Likes on 6,885 Posts

I have not stayed there, but we have stayed on the NC side of the Dragon at the Two Wheel Inn.

It is a nice place.

http://twowheelinn.com/

Old 01-11-2019, 05:32 AM
hdwd2000
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think you mean North Carolina I stayed there about 10 years ago. Very nice place clean good food. We camped so I'm not sure how the cabins are. They look nice.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:48 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

I stay there, usually in one of the bunk houses because it's cheap. The lodge itself is very, very nice and the setting is hard to beat. However, there is very little cell service if that's important to you; they do have wifi. It's near Stecoah, NC

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 01-11-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:19 AM
SafetyFifth
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

I camped there last year while on a trip around the smokies. Very very nice, the lodge and grounds are beautiful. Honestly its a little more upscale then I care for but thats just me, its like the hilton for bikers. Food served was great and the staff were super friendly. I would stay there again and if i go to the smokies again this year Im sure ill be staying at iron horse just for one night. Now if I can make a recommendation heres my favorite place to camp around the blue ridge/smokies. This place is much more my style, laid back and not so fancy. Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com

Old 01-11-2019, 12:47 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SafetyFifth
I camped there last year while on a trip around the smokies. Very very nice, the lodge and grounds are beautiful. Honestly its a little more upscale then I care for but thats just me, its like the hilton for bikers. Food served was great and the staff were super friendly. I would stay there again and if i go to the smokies again this year Im sure ill be staying at iron horse just for one night. Now if I can make a recommendation heres my favorite place to camp around the blue ridge/smokies. This place is much more my style, laid back and not so fancy. Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com
All of that is on target ^^^^.

I've also stayed extensely at BRMCG. I heard a joke sitting around the campfire one night that made me almost break a rib!

Old 01-11-2019, 02:35 PM
KYRGultra
Road Master
Received 489 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
I stay there, usually in one of the bunk houses because it's cheap. The lodge itself is very, very nice and the setting is hard to beat. However, there is very little cell service if that's important to you; they do have wifi. It's near Stecoah, NC
Does the restaurant serve alcohol? If not, can I get a 6 pak close by to take to a room or is it a dry county? Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:56 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by KYRGultra
Does the restaurant serve alcohol? If not, can I get a 6 pak close by to take to a room or is it a dry county? Thanks in advance for any info.
They do not; it's not really a restaurant, it's a lodge (no rooms for sleeping) and a kitchen. If you want beer, you'll need to get it at the crossroads 129 & 28. If you want wine/beer you'll need to go to the Topoco Lodge. If you want more than that, you'll need to bring it. As far as mixers all they have is pop machines. Make no mistake, it's in the sticks; all the places I mentioned are a good ride to get to; no place is close in terms of time. Staying in Robbinsville isn't really a solution for the alcohol thing; the liquor laws are very funny down there.

The following users liked this post:
KYRGultra (01-11-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 12:47 PM
hdman6
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

When i was there last I was told it is in a dry county. I had with me a bottle of JD and bought the coke from the soda machine and had jd/coke all night. I stayed in one of the rooms with own bathroom. i think it was 100 night. Its a good central location for trips in any direction. Lots of clubs book it up early so you would need to call early as well to get a room. I tented there on my last trip. I want to try a few other campgrounds in the area next like others have said. Jeff

Old 01-13-2019, 01:05 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 449 Likes on 244 Posts

We actually were there first honeymoon couple....great place... and they've really done the place up right.
http://ironhorsenc.com/
12 years ago that was a dry county..... and after spending a day riding.... the sound of a beer opening would attract all sorts of new friends.... LOL....
We're big on Bryson City , (about 20 miles east) for dinner.... plus there's adult beverages..... just remember to bring extra.......

Quick Reply: have any of you all stayed at Iron Horse Motorcycle Resort in TN