iron butt schedule? - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums

Notices
Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

iron butt schedule?

Old 02-13-2019, 01:54 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior

The length of stretch you're able to do at a time will be a factor of two things, your endurance and your bike's range. If I'm on a long, multi-day Iron Butt, I'll schedule my stops on average about 110 miles apart. If it were a single-day SS1000, I'd stretch that out closer to 150. However, on my most recent 48-10 I found that sometimes I had a hard time getting to 150 miles on a tank. This surprised me. I didn't expect such poor mileage and I had to stop a bit earlier than planned sometimes. This was partly a factor of faster than anticipated speeds, strong headwinds, and being loaded with gear and carrying a passenger.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: