Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Florida to yellowstone approved!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:35 AM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 892 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan28
On the battery, I have an aftermarket extended battery for my GoPro3. That allows it to record in high settings for around 5 hours straight. My GoPro 6 and probably the 7 you are looking at changed the battery compartment design so, I am not sure if it even has a decent extended battery option available. If I'm going to be recording for a long time with the 6, I use an external battery with USB, a universal one meant for charging phones and such and plug it into the GoPro keeping the battery in a jacket pocket.

Another thing I've thought of is the editing software. The stuff the new GoPro's come with (Quick) is junk in my opinion. My 3 came with better editing software for the GoPro but they don't offer or maintain it anymore. I can use it for my 6 but don't think it will handle some of the newer features the 6 has available.
Yes, I also have an external power supply for my batteries but the cold just freezes them somewhat, weird and frustrating. Also the OP should know that using the wifi settings with a remote will really eat up a battery not being externally charged...

Old 03-22-2019, 09:45 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,108 Likes on 8,922 Posts

Bill.... the best place to stay for a base camp is Cody.... lots to do in that town and both the North loop and South loop are easily accessible. As well as a nice loop around The Beartooth/Chief Joseph passes..... Highway 14/14a from Ranchester to Cody is the best way into Cody from the East.

I stay at the Western Rose in Cody, a great Mom & Pop, with your bike right in front of your door, but book early.... Bring money, nothing in that area is cheap.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:26 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky
Bill.... the best place to stay for a base camp is Cody.... lots to do in that town and both the North loop and South loop are easily accessible. As well as a nice loop around The Beartooth/Chief Joseph passes..... Highway 14/14a from Ranchester to Cody is the best way into Cody from the East.

I stay at the Western Rose in Cody, a great Mom & Pop, with your bike right in front of your door, but book early.... Bring money, nothing in that area is cheap.
Here let me put the Ol Lady on the phone so you can tell her...

I said this very same thing but she's wanting to stay at a few different towns. It's the travel agent in her.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:09 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by Raider Bill
Here let me put the Ol Lady on the phone so you can tell her...

I said this very same thing but she's wanting to stay at a few different towns. It's the travel agent in her.
Yup, best keep her happy.... LOL.

The best bets are Cody, West Yellowstone and Jackson Hole.... of course there are also hotels in the park.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:05 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

I told her pick either West Yellowstone or Red Lodge.
Cody and Jackson Hole is a diffident as is 14-14A.

On the helmet cam mount. Seems there really isn't any good place to mount one on this HJC IS Max 2. Visor and shield go too far up and the sides are not flat.
Bike shakes too much for mounting there.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:38 PM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Any suggestions for staying in Jackson Hole?

Old 03-26-2019, 04:10 PM
Dan28
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 153 Posts

I stayed on night in Jackson Hole. Got in late couldn't find camping and the cheaper hotels were all showing no vacancy. There was something going on there that weekend. So I ended up booking a rather pricey hotel. It was the 49er Inn and Suites. I really did like it, just not the price tag. Had an interior and exterior door so I could go straight to my bike, though they would have let me park the bike under the roof of their loading area. The price may have been higher because it was a Saturday in a tourist town when some big event was going on.

]

Old 03-26-2019, 05:23 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 892 Likes on 534 Posts

We stayed at the Kudar Motel both times we were there, nothing fancy but right across the street from a gas station and right on 89 ( ?? road to Yellowstone). Easy to get out of town and within walking distance to Town Square. BTW, the ONLY place for breakfast is The Bunnery!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2019, 10:18 PM
RockwallGlide
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hero 7 with the RikRak fairing mount works great. I have that setup and shows no shake at all with my 2015 Street Glide.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:28 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

i have stayed at the Motel 6 and The Anvil. The 6 is out of town a bit and it was the only available room in town ..... The Anvil was fine but the Kudar looks nicer as you can park in front of your room. I had a reservation at the Anvil, so that’s why I stayed their.

Make sure you go to The Cowboy bar right downtown.

Also when your heading down to Jackson From Yellowstone, make sure you take the Teton Park Road.... you are closer to The Tetons, and it is a more fun ride than 191 through that part.

The following users liked this post:
crazytown (04-12-2019)

Quick Reply: Florida to yellowstone approved!!!