Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Road Trips (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips-23/)
-   -   Sturgis two weeks before Sturgis (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips/1286617-sturgis-two-weeks-before-sturgis.html)

kiwiharleydavidson 06-02-2019 01:29 PM

Sturgis two weeks before Sturgis

I was lucky or maybe unlucky to go to the 75th Sturgis and it was busy....that busy you couldn't go for a relaxing ride and see the wonderful sights that the Black Hills area is renown for because of the volume of bikes!
So this time im hitting that area two weeks before the rally so we can have a good look around because it is a great area!
That includes the great museums in the city itself etc
If anyone is keen to watch my ride or watch a few rides in NZ check my YouTube channel out just search asyouwereNZ and it will pop up :-)
anyone up for a beer around that area let me know
Cheers Bruce NZ

beanoboy 06-02-2019 02:49 PM

Always going to be mobbed when it's an 'anniversary year' [75th.] Part of the fun at Sturgis is being one of that great crowd ! Hope you enjoy yourself, it's a long way from N.Z. !

01dyna 06-02-2019 06:09 PM

We usually arrive a week or two in advance. Alot of vendors are already set up and not as much congestion. No concerts at the campground though. Definitely worth early arrival if you are there to ride.

Enjoy! We will be there again this year. Sometime early, the last week of July.

kiwiharleydavidson 06-02-2019 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by 01dyna (Post 18300927)
We usually arrive a week or two in advance. Alot of vendors are already set up and not as much congestion. No concerts at the campground though. Definitely worth early arrival if you are there to ride.

Enjoy! We will be there again this year. Sometime early, the last week of July.

Fancy a beer mate ?

01dyna 06-02-2019 08:13 PM

Possibility, just depends on the ole lady and how much we have planned. Shoot me a PM closer to the rally.

TwiZted Biker 06-02-2019 08:35 PM

If I ever go back it'll be a week or two beforehand. Prices won't have gone crazy yet, rooms still available for normal rates, better food and attitudes by the locals as they aren't burnt out on stupid yet.

Mertoid 06-02-2019 09:32 PM

Riding out with some friends the first and second weeks of July. Staying in Sturgis but just going out for that awesome Black Hills riding. Been there twice for the last 2 days of the rally, it's fun but I'd rather ride. The Monday after the rally is so much nicer, you can actually enjoy the sights instead of watching the vehicle in front of you.

05UltraBob 06-07-2019 07:16 PM

I am going to be in Spearfish the week before Sturgis Rally for the Retreads 50th International Rally. Will probably stay for the first weekend of Sturgis Rally.

Huskers 06-07-2019 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by kiwiharleydavidson (Post 18300433)
I was lucky or maybe unlucky to go to the 75th Sturgis and it was busy....that busy you couldn't go for a relaxing ride and see the wonderful sights that the Black Hills area is renown for because of the volume of bikes!
So this time im hitting that area two weeks before the rally so we can have a good look around because it is a great area!
That includes the great museums in the city itself etc
If anyone is keen to watch my ride or watch a few rides in NZ check my YouTube channel out just search asyouwereNZ and it will pop up :-)
anyone up for a beer around that area let me know
Cheers Bruce NZ

And what museums would that be?

Buzz 3 06-07-2019 11:03 PM

Plan on being out there the week before this year as well. What are the "Retreads".