Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

HOG Roadside assistance? Yes/No?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 04:53 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question HOG Roadside assistance? Yes/No?

For piece of mind, is their roadside assistance worth the money and is it a good service? Other options that cater to riders in need? Were traveling alone and just thought I'd cover my ***-ets....

Old 05-31-2009, 04:56 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Tom from http://harleygoodies.com/ here. Get the AAA motorcycle/RV instead. Much more worthwhile. I have read numerous posts from people with the Hog assistance who have been quite displeased.

Regards,
Tom
Harley Goodies

Old 05-31-2009, 05:16 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have two guys I ride with in there late 60's & early 70's that have the HOG version and said it was a good service. If I'm not mistaken the AAA for bikes was quite a bit more $$ than HOG, which made no sense to me. Guess this is why I'm asking though.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:33 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

AAA = check YOUR area - Not all provide M/C with AAA - I live in Turlock CA - AAA will NOT tow my bike. I have the

Road America which is Hog - I haved used it twice and each time it saved me BIG time.. One trick is to have ALL your info because you are talking to someone in FL and that may be a problem... I am pleased and just renewed mine again for the $30 - well spent... What every you plan to do.... do ALL your Expain you location to the operator... If you have Not looked into this product and you have time... take a look... I did a LOT of research and again, I love this and will NOT run my bike with out it.... Last tire change, my dealer did not have a problem with it...

http://www.ride-on.com/prod_mot.asp

Old 05-31-2009, 05:35 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
Tom from http://harleygoodies.com/ here. Get the AAA motorcycle/RV instead. Much more worthwhile. I have read numerous posts from people with the Hog assistance who have been quite displeased.

Regards,
Tom
Harley Goodies

I can NOT buy this from my AAA here in this area ?????????? not offered in all areas... I lost a bet on this... Now, I will admit, this was a year or so ago.... I plan to call AAA again tomorrow and verify.. However, right now I am OK with Road America..

Old 05-31-2009, 05:43 PM
quinton
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am letting mine expire and have enrolled in AAA.It covers anything I am in.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:39 PM
cubbear42
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
We've traveled all over the country since 2000 - 'Road America' which is offered by HOG is so superior and cheaper than any other coverage... I'd question why someone is letting their plan expire and, truthfully, I'm not a great H-D fan for many reasons...

Have to say we do have AAA//RV (for motorcycle) coverage too but it's much more expensive and doesn't cover as much as the 'Road America' coverage does...

If any of you have had a problem, your'e not communicating very well with the person on the other end of the phone or they just are not very well versed which is most likely the case... Yes, they are located in Southern Florida and most likely haven't even traveled out of their community so have no idea where you say you are, etc...

If 'Road America' is not doing what it should be doing, call the HOG office...

We rode from Palm Beach Gardens, Florida headed to Bellingham, Washington, destination Fairbanks, Alaska, when we broke down alongside of Mono Lake, California... We were towed to Lee Irving then over Yosemite into Modesdo, CA to a 'crappy' H-D dealer...

Yes, we initially had problems with 'Road America' but cell phone worked at Mono Lake, we had plenty of time so a few calls were made... Also, have to say HOG guy had never heard of it... I asked him to open his 'Hog Tales' magazine and find the insert... He did and was quite surprised - then things began to 'work' for us...

No problems since...

The following users liked this post:
Federico Arbelaez (03-29-2016)
Old 05-31-2009, 11:52 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We have 2 bikes and purchase the "Road America" Deluxe plan that coveres our 2 bikes for $20.00. AAA way too expensive. I know we're both covered anywhere including Canada. Not sure about AAA and Canada travel.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:52 AM
nhbiker1961
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My insurance covers towing and 1 hour labor of roadside help at no charge.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 AM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LWOS
We have 2 bikes and purchase the "Road America" Deluxe plan that coveres our 2 bikes for $20.00. AAA way too expensive. I know we're both covered anywhere including Canada. Not sure about AAA and Canada travel.
In Canada it's called CAA....your AAA is good in Canada, as well as our CAA is good in the U.S. Your can use AAA for discounts on hotel and other things just like in your country...I have the Deluxe Road America that covers my car and truck as well as our bikes. The difference is that AAA/CAA covers anyones vehicle as long as the card holder is there....but with Road America your specific Cars/trucks/bikes are covered no matter who is driving or if the card holders around. I got it so the wife and i are covered under one plan because when I'm not around, she has full access to help anytime, anywhere....
Have used it for our bike in the U.S. and for the car twice in Canada.....the service was fast and always went off without a problem....

Quick Reply: HOG Roadside assistance? Yes/No?