Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Road Trips (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips-23/)
-   -   Four Corners Trip about to be Finalized (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips/484845-four-corners-trip-about-to-be-finalized.html)

Pine Tree 03-03-2010 08:20 PM

Four Corners Trip about to be Finalized

Will be leaving Atlanta, GA mid May for...

Birmingham, AL, to Tupelo, Ms, and then just west of Memphis for the day.

From AR via the interstate to OKC.

OKC to Amarillo to Clayton, NM

Clayton to Angle Fire to Taos to Chama

Chama to Farmington area for a personal ceremony then on to Four Corners then to Bluff, UT

Bluff to Monument Valley to Kayenta to Chinle to Window Rock

Window Rock to Tucson then heading back to Atlanta (This section TBA)

About a 10-day ride...want to join in???

AtticusFinch 03-03-2010 09:23 PM

I'll be at the north rim of the Grand Canyon on the 16th, maybe I'll see you from across the canyon.

USMC2010 03-03-2010 09:26 PM

That will be an awesome trip, I will be in Afghanistan, enjoy the ride.

faber 03-03-2010 09:27 PM

What a great ride that will be!

We've got some great folks here from Utah, including Atticus above, who might try to persuade you to spend more time in southern Utah, and they'd have a good argument.

But, you can't do everything, and you've got a great route!

Mid-May I am committed to a MT road trip with some buds, but who knows where we'll wind up!

Pine Tree 03-04-2010 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by USMC2010 (Post 6342510)
That will be an awesome trip, I will be in Afghanistan, enjoy the ride.

Thanks for serving! Bummed I can't be there myself...

cayers 03-04-2010 09:27 AM

While you are in Tucson.....may as well check out Tombstone! Enjoy your trip and if you go through Las Cruces on your way back, give a yell!

softailMamaJama 03-04-2010 01:13 PM

if you get hungry in taos, eat at orlando's or guadalajara grill

timbakersr 03-07-2010 06:20 AM

Tim here in Atlanta too. I will be taking a simalar route but leaving the day after Easter early April. I went out to the Canyon and Yellowstone last year and it was in the Fall.
Of everything I've seen the Grand Canyon is something I want to see again! Nothing like the desert southwest for sure.
There is a road out of Vegas (Hyw 93) it goes all the way up the state to Jackpot NV, I'm going up it becouse of a movie I saw called Roadside Prophets, the scenery looks fantastic.
My trip this time is gonna be a long one I plan on camping and staying out there a long time. My last Canyon trip was in 7days there and back to Atlanta much to fast.
I hope I see you out there as I will be there in May too I'm sure.
Ride safe.

Whiskers 03-07-2010 11:46 AM

There are some great people who ride a lot down Tucson way. Why don't you post this message down in the Southwest Region Forum...I know they'd enjoy meeting another HDF member and showing them a good time.

Pine Tree 03-08-2010 04:42 AM

Thanks for the replies!!!