Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Road Trips (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips-23/)
-   -   Ozarks and Crystal Springs (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-trips/806817-ozarks-and-crystal-springs.html)

Cracker51 09-12-2012 09:06 PM

Pig trail hd in Rogers AR has several ride maps on their web site that you can download.

LoneBone 09-12-2012 09:52 PM

I haven't ridden thru Arkansas in years, and am headed up there next month, so post up when you get back, I'll be interested in the routes you took and how it went. I'll be coming along Hwy 82 in N. TX thru Paris, and probably spend the night in Texarkana, then planning on hitting 27 and making a big loop thru the Ozarks and spending the night in Fayetteville, then coming back thru NE/SE Oklahoma thru some old haunts.....

davidw221 09-15-2012 08:07 PM

I'm going to butt in and say, I'm going to the Ozarks on 09/21/2012 to Sept 26. what town is the best place to stay?
Any military installations to billet in?
Wanna ride a little of Route 66 while I'm out there, plan on going a little into Oklahoma, looking for some greasy spoons while I'm on Route 66.
I want a central location, so I can go in any direction and have a good ride~

Faulkner 09-15-2012 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by PPBART (Post 10324676)
My original plan was to take 61 to Natchez, then 65 up to Pine Bluff, 270 on to Hot Springs. I've been told 65 is a good scenic ride -- do you think 425/82/7 is better? One of the nice things about riding solo is I don't have to get anyone else's agreement to changes(!)

Planning on camping at Lake Catherine State Park first night.

I've ridden through Little Rock to Natchez several times and I prefer the 425 route. All the roads in both 65 and 425 areas are in good shape, though.

From Hot Springs I highly recommend Highway 7 north to Russellville, go on across I-40, and continue Highway 7 to Harrison. In total, probably one of the most scenic rides in the state.

If you go that way you can take a side loop that'll hit the 'Little Dragon', which I think is every bit as good a ride as the Pig Trail. While on Highway 7 well north of Dover take Highway 123 at Lurton to Mt Judea. A very cool ride and very scenic over looking the Arkansas Grand Canyon and a section of peg dragging switchbacks. Take Highway 74 back to Highway 7 and on north for a stop in Jasper at the Ozark Cafe in the town square across the street from the courthouse. You can't miss it and it is a must stop place to eat.

If you stay in Harrison, I recommend the 1929 Hotel Seville a block or so off the town square. Very reasonable, bike friendly, and decent resturant.

hooligan13 09-17-2012 11:45 AM

I would make my way to Bennett springs mo and then head out to Joplin and hit 44 to okc via Tulsa. Avoid Kansas at all costs, unless you are just hittin the se corner. Flat and boring in ole ks.