Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

From Yellowstone to monument valley. Best places?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Solitario
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default From Yellowstone to monument valley. Best places?

Hi, I'm from Spain my wife and me are going to visit Utah and the parks. We won't rent a bike cause we carry a lot of luggage. We have 15 days and we are going to this route:

Salt lake city>Yellowstone>Teton>salt lake city>arches>monument valley>page>Zion>Bryce canyon>SLC and back to Spain.

I would like to read advices and tips about places to visit, activities, restaurants... We are 35 both, we like nature, rock photography , and visit places where locals go...

Thank you for your help!

Old 09-09-2014, 07:00 PM
GeneseeGap
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

bienvenidos!

Every place you mentioned is very tourist friendly. You wont have any problems.

Im assuming you made reservations at Yellowstone as they get crowded in the park at the hotels. This week and next week is going to be cold in Yellowstone if you are coming just watch out. Lows in the -0's C range.

You will love Moab, Utah. I think from what your saying that's your kind of place! Again, I think once you get to town you will be better off asking the locals such as your waiter or hotel clerk.

Have fun

Old 09-09-2014, 08:43 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

I had always wanted to visit Monument Valley. I would suggest booking a tour with one of the monument valley jeep tour companys with a navajo guide. It was an amazing afternoon. Your car will not be able to ride the roads in there- they are too rocky and bumpy. The jeeps can go anywhere and the guides grew up there. This is probably the best way to see Monument Valley. They are right there in the parking area of the main park/restaurant/lodge area. Pull up, park, meet your guide, go. They know the best photography sites, I took some wonderful pictures.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Grandslam
Road Master
Received 308 Likes on 197 Posts

Are you going to buy the annual NP pass? It is like $80. I did ten NP's this year so it was worth it for me. I think Bryce Canyon was like $25.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:45 AM
Solitario
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grandslam
Are you going to buy the annual NP pass? It is like $80. I did ten NP's this year so it was worth it for me. I think Bryce Canyon was like $25.
thats per person or per car? where can I buy it? I think it works for most parks except navajo parks isnt it?

Old 09-10-2014, 07:12 AM
Haywired
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Yellowstone I would consider Jackson, wy, the flaming gorge in utah, dinasaur national monument in NW colorado, lots to see around salt lake, hill air force base has an awesome museum, antelope island is interesting, there's a new aquarium in the area, driving up into the Wasatch and checking out the Olympic venues near Park city, UT. Near Moab Dead Horse point state park is worth taking in and Arches NP is an all day adventure.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Grandslam
Road Master
Received 308 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Solitario
thats per person or per car? where can I buy it? I think it works for most parks except navajo parks isnt it?

From what I have read it is per vehicle.