Rockford Fosgate Audio High performance motorcycle audio systems, purpose built for Harley-Davidson.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New system for 21 FLHXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 08:32 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,758 Likes on 6,896 Posts
Default New system for 21 FLHXS

I have been considering upgrading the speakers and adding an amp to our 21 Street Glide.

I was leaning toward Soundz based on YouTube and a recommendation. I was also considering just the two fairing speakers and amp. I went to a dealer and he turns on a bike with Soundz products and it sounded great compared to my stock system. I was very impressed. This was in a Road Glide with front speakers, saddle bag speakers and amp. He then said he wanted me to listed to a couple of other bikes. Next was a Street Glide with Rockford Fosgate front and saddle bag rear with a 800 watt amp. Damn, I was blown away. It was much better than the Soundz. Next he had a CVO limited with 6 speakers, amp and two subs, Rockford Fosgate and it was killer.

Pretty sure I will be going with RF. I did not ask for specific parts numbers and was researching. Having a hard time finding the 800 watt amp for my application? Looks like it will definitely be worth adding the saddle bag speakers.

Old 03-22-2022, 09:59 AM
Rockford Fosgate
Platinum Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Hello. If the amplifier was mounted in the bag then that would have been the Harley Davidson Audio powered by Rockford Fosgate, That system is available through your local Harley Davidson dealership.

Old 03-23-2022, 04:11 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,758 Likes on 6,896 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockford Fosgate
Hello. If the amplifier was mounted in the bag then that would have been the Harley Davidson Audio powered by Rockford Fosgate, That system is available through your local Harley Davidson dealership.
Sorry I should have been more clear. The subs were the drop in units that mounted in the bags. I did not see any amps in the bags on any of the three bikes. My understanding was the amp would be mounted under the fairing. These were NOT Harley branded systems.

Looking at some YouTube channels I saw the 800 watt amps. If I understand correctly that larger amp has new improved cabling that makes it water proof. I plan to go that direction.

Can you tell me if there is a difference in the mounting of the saddle bag speakers and the grill size between the Harley branded product and the non-Harley? Pictures seem to make the Harley grills look like they fit better.

Thanks

Old 03-29-2022, 05:54 PM
Rockford Fosgate
Platinum Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Hello. The aftermarket kit uses 6x9" speakers in the lid, the factory Harley system uses 5x7" speakers in the lid.

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (03-31-2022)