Rush Racing Products Performance V-Twin Exhaust — Providing the industry's most complete line of slip-on mufflers.

4 inch Big Louies - Baffle Choice

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 4 inch Big Louies - Baffle Choice

Originally Posted by Clint55
I'm currently in the process of choosing new mufflers for my 09 Ultra. The 4 inch Rush Big Louies are definitely one of the contenders.

After reading through another thread on this sponsor forum, I can see that Ryan and Rush are providing excellent customer service and that alone might help me make my decison.

So....... Ryan, or anyone else.... I'm currently running stock headers, no-cat, PCV and a Fuel Moto SE-AC.. If I go with the Louie's, should I go with the 2.0 or a 2.25 baffles?

I think I'm reading this thread is indicating that the 2.25's will be OK and a deeper exhaust note than the 2.0's.

BTW.... I bought my PCV from Jamie, so I figure that FM will have a good base map for either of these baffle options.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
The 2.00" and 2.25" baffles will both work great with your setup. The 2.25" will be a bit deeper and louder than the 2.00". FM should have a good base map for both baffle sizes. If not, please contact us and we can get a base map directly from Dynojet. Please let me know if you would like more info.
Ryan

Thanks for the reply Ryan.

(I decided to move this discussion to a new thread instead of piggybacking onto the baffle problem thread.)

So I guess the next question would be about going all the way up to the 2.5's. I just checked the Dynojet site and they have a 2.5 baffle base map (M15-003-003).

They also have a map for the 1.75's (M15-003-016)...... but can't find any maps at all for the 2.0's or 2.25's.

Couple of more questions..

Is there a big difference in volume and tone between the 2.25's and the 2.5's?

Does Rush make a straight cut 4 in Louie that is NOT the tip compatible....or are the only choices slash up and slash down?

Thanks...

Last edited by Clint55; 11-16-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When using the 2.5" I recommend Dyno tuning. The download maps can work but generally this baffle size will required dyno tuning to really dial in the tune.

I also noticed they do not list the 2.00" or 2.25" baffle sizes when selecting an air cleaner and slip-ons. I have contacted them in the past using the customer support page for maps not listed. They should be able to provide a map and the form has a section to list all modifications. http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...l_support.aspx

There is not a huge sound difference between the 2.25" and the 2.50" but it is noticeable. It's about a 3 or 4 db difference which I describe as one noticeable step in volume. However, the 2.25" will provide better performance numbers.

We discontinued our straight cut style simply due to low sales. We offer the tip compatible package which is great for customers looking for something similar to a straight cut.

Thanks for contacting Rush and let me know if I can provide more info.
Ryan

Old 11-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Ryan.... Sounds to me like my best bet is to go with the 2.25's.

I bought my PCV from Jamie over at FM, so hopefully he'll have a map.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by Clint55
Thanks Ryan.... Sounds to me like my best bet is to go with the 2.25's.

I bought my PCV from Jamie over at FM, so hopefully he'll have a map.
Sound like a great setup and I'm sure FM will be able to take care of the map for you. I've read many positive reviews of them working with customers to get the map dialed in.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:38 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

When using the 2.5" I recommend Dyno tuning. The download maps can work but generally this baffle size will required dyno tuning to really dial in the tune.

I also noticed they do not list the 2.00" or 2.25" baffle sizes when selecting an air cleaner and slip-ons. I have contacted them in the past using the customer support page for maps not listed. They should be able to provide a map and the form has a section to list all modifications. http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...l_support.aspx

There is not a huge sound difference between the 2.25" and the 2.50" but it is noticeable. It's about a 3 or 4 db difference which I describe as one noticeable step in volume. However, the 2.25" will provide better performance numbers.

We discontinued our straight cut style simply due to low sales. We offer the tip compatible package which is great for customers looking for something similar to a straight cut.

Thanks for contacting Rush and let me know if I can provide more info.
Ryan
Ok so if you have head work, cams, non cat headpipe which baffle is all around better for performance and sound?? Like. 107, or 110 etc. thanks I brought this old thread up because its on the topic I'm asking about. I've emailed your company but got 3 different answers on baffle size.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:08 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

The 2.25" baffle Big Louie is what I recommend. It should produce the best overall power gains and sounds great. The engine work will cause it to be louder than a stock bike but I still recommend the same size.
-Ryan

Old 07-27-2015, 05:11 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

The 2.25" baffle Big Louie is what I recommend. It should produce the best overall power gains and sounds great. The engine work will cause it to be louder than a stock bike but I still recommend the same size.
-Ryan
Thanks for getting back to me it's what I eneded up ordering. I'll let you know the results.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:50 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

-Ryan
Got my pipes but they don't fit my 2007 we even put 2 different sets of slip ons on and off just to make sure it wasn't something we were doing wrong. They won't tighen down and they seem to slide on way to easy. My bike is 2007 FLHX the part number on box is 32001-225. I gotta tell ya if I do ever get these on I hope they sound good and perform cause I busted my butt trying to get these to fit .

Old 08-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by nick@nite
Got my pipes but they don't fit my 2007 we even put 2 different sets of slip ons on and off just to make sure it wasn't something we were doing wrong. They won't tighen down and they seem to slide on way to easy. My bike is 2007 FLHX the part number on box is 32001-225. I gotta tell ya if I do ever get these on I hope they sound good and perform cause I busted my butt trying to get these to fit .
Try tightening the new muffler clamps to 65 ft/lbs of torque. It' takes much more pressure to get a good seal because we use a thicker GA steel than stock mufflers.
Ryan

Old 08-07-2015, 12:20 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

Try tightening the new muffler clamps to 65 ft/lbs of torque. It' takes much more pressure to get a good seal because we use a thicker GA steel than stock mufflers.
Ryan
Stock mufflers ??? Came off my bike in 2007 I've had many different slip ons since then. My head pipe is Krome Works never had problem before. I don't think that's gonna work but I'll try it.

Quick Reply: 4 inch Big Louies - Baffle Choice