Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2014 Road King CVO Exhaust

Old 01-09-2015, 07:03 AM
Don-T
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2014 Road King CVO Exhaust

I have a new '14 RK CVO. It has a chrome exhaust that I would prefer to be black but I am not sure I want to spend the money to replace it just to change the color. Does the stock header pipe have the catalytic convert built into it? If it does I think I will change the exhaust before summer heat gets here.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:33 PM
db252
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it does. It is right at the collector. I got ahold of an 09 head pipe because I needed the 18mm bungs at the heads for my Thundermax. It still had a cat but I opened it up, removed it and welded it. You can tell right where it's located in my pic.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:29 AM
Don-T
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by db252
Yes it does. It is right at the collector. I got ahold of an 09 head pipe because I needed the 18mm bungs at the heads for my Thundermax. It still had a cat but I opened it up, removed it and welded it. You can tell right where it's located in my pic.
Thanks for the information. I will have to see about getting rid of it before summer. I gets too hot.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:35 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Originally Posted by db252
Unless you bought that header in CA, it's not an '09 as the CAT's were only on CA models until '10 where "all" touring HD's went to cat's (along w/crap 2-1 exhaust set-up).

OP; you can gut the CAT, have it welded and then sent off for powdercoating or ceramic coating. I had my entire stock 09 exhaust coated black for $160...adding the CAT work you're probably looking at ~$250 - $275 to get your system gutted and black. Good luck!

Old 01-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Tom Bott
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14 CVO Road King Exhaust

I Have a CVO 14 Road King; I installed CRF chrome slip-ons and its a deep sound; not loud. I have to admit it has a unique sound. Also did a "CAT" inspection to help with the heat problem

Old 01-11-2015, 02:27 AM
db252
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Unless you bought that header in CA, it's not an '09 as the CAT's were only on CA models until '10 where "all" touring HD's went to cat's (along w/crap 2-1 exhaust set-up).
It was an 09 as that is the last year that they were made with the 18mm bungs near the heads. 10 and up have the 12mm bungs down at the collector just before the cat. Yes, some 09 pipes did not have cats but I was happy with finding this brand new header on eBay for $65 shipped from Florida. It's part number was that of a CA version which does come with the cat but I didn't mind as I was curious how it was constructed and didn't mind doing the mod. It all turned out great.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:04 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Fullsac does a great job on late model touring headpipe. They not only remove the cat but modify the collector and ceramic coat the pipe. They call it there sportpipe. If I wasnt going to do the work myself I would definitely go this route for a stage 1 exhaust. I have there 2.25" power core baffles in my CVO cans. They sound great & reacted very good with the TTS & dyno tune. Here is a link to the sport pipe. http://fullsac.com/product/fullsac-sportpipe/

Old 01-21-2015, 06:24 PM
WA Cruiser
Intermediate
Cool A Little Off Subject, but CLOSE

I recently purchased a stock exhaust system from a friend, that came off a 2007 CVO Softail Springer 110 cu in. I have a 2008 Softail Custom with 103 BB, se255 and street ported heads, TTS. But it has the ever popular V&H Big Radius 2-2 Pipes. While these are nice looking and all that, they are a bit loud for my liking. ( She rides her '14 Street Glide behind me and can't hear her stereo, Happy Wife ...... )

These pipes lok very similar to the Fat Boy pipes of the same year, are they different?

1. Do they have cats and how can I tell?

2. How can I figure out if I would choke my motor down too much? 90hp/108tq

3. I want to figure this out, because as we all know dyno-tunes cost a bit and if I don't like them -2 tunes. ( or a grand for ThunderMax )

4. These appear to have Screaming Eagle Mufflers, but are they and would that help?

5. I am trying to get a good sound ( similar to a BB Camaro with Turbo Mufflers) , not too quiet, yet sounds good.

Anyone know how or where I can look up flow, or mods to make for a quality sound without totally choking the motor?

Any help or direction would be appreciated !!
Bob

Old 01-22-2015, 06:43 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24

OP; you can gut the CAT, have it welded and then sent off for powdercoating or ceramic coating. I had my entire stock 09 exhaust coated black for $160...adding the CAT work you're probably looking at ~$250 - $275 to get your system gutted and black. Good luck!

ICE,

You are correct. Except, not CA models only. International, AND CVO 2009 model year had the "CATS" in the stock headers.

OP: Do yourself a favor and just get the Fullsac D X-pipe, Fullsac CVO Baffles, (of size choice) Fullsac baffle screens and TTS Mastertune Turner.
AND YOU WILL BE GOOD TO GO!!!

YB

Old 01-23-2015, 04:40 AM
beaudaciousb
Advanced

this is a link to what I did cost around $200 total that was with having a shop cut the cat out and welding a new section and the cost of the fullsac baffles and also knowing everybody that worked at my local Indy muffler shop the video doesn't really do the sound of the pipes justice they sound great I think nice and deep throaty like a Harley should. also I used a Vance and Hines fp3 for my tuner, mainly because its awesome! the Bluetooth feature is simple and I can change everything on my phone I called customer support they gave me something close to my set up (ill have to wait to use the auto tune till it gets warmer) and it idles smooth no popping hardly at all when you let off the throttle.

Last edited by beaudaciousb; 01-23-2015 at 04:45 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Road King CVO Exhaust