Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Used 2015 CVO Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Mac3549
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Used 2015 CVO Streetglide

I'm looking at possibly purchasing a used 2015 CVO Streetglide that has already had an engine replaced due to oiling problems and oil leaks on the previous engine. Is this a common problem with this 110 engine? And should I consider not buying it given this history?

Thx

Old 05-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Afdharley
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't say it's a common problem. I have heard of a couple of people on this forum with engine issues on the 14-15 bikes, 103 and 110s.

If it has the warranty and you're satisfied it has been taken care of go for it.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Mac3549
Intermediate

Thanks . Haven't seen any other issues either on other forums. Now to unload my Road Glide Special! Haha

Old 05-24-2015, 08:58 PM
akodust
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would not get a bike that has already had an engine replace. Just go on and buy a new one. Then you can start fresh and not with someone elses headache.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:26 AM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 497 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by akodust
I would not get a bike that has already had an engine replace. Just go on and buy a new one. Then you can start fresh and not with someone elses headache.
I wouldn't let the new engine stop me if the price is right on the used bike. If you can save thousands ( I would expect at least $5K off a new one), have a new engine, at least another year of full warranty and the option to buy and extended warranty, why not.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:47 PM
OldKarznBikes
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDXTSport
I wouldn't let the new engine stop me if the price is right on the used bike. If you can save thousands ( I would expect at least $5K off a new one), have a new engine, at least another year of full warranty and the option to buy and extended warranty, why not.
I agree!

Old 05-26-2015, 10:53 PM
Mac3549
Intermediate
Smile

Still has 2 yr warranty from factory. I can always purchase an extended warranty after the factory one expires. Talked to sales man, doesn't sound like they're budging on the price. Said he would give me a good price on my trade..... Ya right!! I'm gonna go test one in the next few days. Maybe I won't like the ride.... Then again maybe I will..

Old 05-27-2015, 07:55 AM
rockinred
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mac3549
Still has 2 yr warranty from factory. I can always purchase an extended warranty after the factory one expires. Talked to sales man, doesn't sound like they're budging on the price. Said he would give me a good price on my trade..... Ya right!! I'm gonna go test one in the next few days. Maybe I won't like the ride.... Then again maybe I will..
Hey Mac... I'm in same city and have a 15 CVO street glide. If they at Tbird are asking the same price as a new bike for one that's had an engine replaced tell them they're crazy. Nobody buys a car from dealership with a replaced engine at the brand new same price. Tell them you get it that a warranty is a warranty, but it's more than just a warranty. It's used now plain and simple. Additional warranties can be bought on just about anything, it doesn't mean there is no risk and it is brand new... that's why they have "like new" in NADA, which fits this bike description.

There is so much more to ramble on this but what you are doing is saying you are willing to roll the dice and take a gamble on the used bike with motor work that was done outside of factory production, which is not the same as "brand new". If it does have issues you will be down a bike in the future (time frame for warrant work), which is not ok. You're willing to gamble and do that gamble if it is at a discounted price. No matter what it's not the same as buying new. Don't feed an unethical practice. Check around... Farmington, Santa Fe, Cruces, Roswell, etc... These guys think they can rape everyone on the CVO's. There's other options. Good luck.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:00 AM
rockinred
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's also more than just used. Used would be purchased off the lot and price drops just for that. This would be a used vehicle with a replaced engine. That warrants a lot more to come down than just a used one. You need to get a pretty good deal, imo.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:04 AM
Mac3549
Intermediate

Oh I agree whole heartedly. It's actually in Clovis. I went to an unnamed dealer in the AbQ metro area and they wouldn't let me test ride a new CVO. I told them oh and by the way I ain't paying 4,000 over MSRP so you can stop with that nonsense right off the bat. I got a buddy interested in my current sled so I'm trying to get that deal done 1st. Sales Mgr said I could ride any of the other Streetglides in the showroom. I could also ride the CVO if I made an agreement to purchase it.... I said yeah right.... That's like marrying someone before u meet them. I'm not going to put down that kind of coin to find out I don't like the bike. You know dealers in this state they don't budge on prices on anything with an engine.

Quick Reply: Used 2015 CVO Streetglide