Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Post a picture of your CVO...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 07:22 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,955 Likes on 2,351 Posts

Well Dec 24th I traded this with 24,870 miles on it:

For this:

The following users liked this post:
johnnyhumble (05-15-2019)
Old 01-27-2019, 07:34 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

I had a Yaffe 14" bars and Kahuna heated grips installed before delivery.

Since then I have added a Yaffe Stealth III plate frame, CB and antenna, In fairing garage door opener, Fullsac exhaust, removed the passenger pegs and moved them up front for Hwy pegs. Also did paint matched mid frame air deflectors and 4 point docking hard ware. CVO Riders back rest. Also a Klock Werks 14" Sport flair windshield and a cup holder. Fullsac 2.25 baffles

Still to do is paint matched head light trim, Custom Dynamics Halo front turns, and plunging the holes from removing the foot pegs. Then when I get a few more dollars a I will get the TTS tuner and install my Fullsac MX head pipe.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:21 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

QUOTE=FLSTFI Dave;17990180]I had a Yaffe 14" bars and Kahuna heated grips installed before delivery.

Since then I have added a Yaffe Stealth III plate frame, CB and antenna, In fairing garage door opener, Fullsac exhaust, removed the passenger pegs and moved them up front for Hwy pegs. Also did paint matched mid frame air deflectors and 4 point docking hard ware. CVO Riders back rest. Also a Klock Werks 14" Sport flair windshield and a cup holder. Fullsac 2.25 baffles

Still to do is paint matched head light trim, Custom Dynamics Halo front turns, and plunging the holes from removing the foot pegs. Then when I get a few more dollars a I will get the TTS tuner and install my Fullsac MX head pipe.

[/QUOTE]

CONGRATS DAVE,

Your Rigs are always done in my opinion, great taste!

You been dodging the bullets with your M8s as of late. I hope you and everyone else doesn't foresee the forbidden troubles that some have encountered.

Do you think you might keep one of these M8's and play with the motor? Like Your King, as I know you like to keep a RG some what stock for Cross Country tours?

YB

Old 01-28-2019, 06:22 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD

CONGRATS DAVE,

Your Rigs are always done in my opinion, great taste!

You been dodging the bullets with your M8s as of late. I hope you and everyone else doesn't foresee the forbidden troubles that some have encountered.

Do you think you might keep one of these M8's and play with the motor? Like Your King, as I know you like to keep a RG some what stock for Cross Country tours?

YB
Thank you.

I have been fortunate with the M8 so far, 21500 trouble free miles on the 17 CVO Street glide, 24750 trouble Free on the 18 CVO Road Glide. Was planning to keep the 18 2 years, but saw this and had to have it. The only one SMHD was getting and it had a deposit on it the day of the dealer show. So I knew I was not buying a 19. Well the deal fell through and I was there the next morning when the opened, saw the bike so I asked. Bought it that day.

I am thinking of playing with this one in a year or little more if it proves trouble free for 23K miles. This motor will be easier to make big power out of. I figure 145 square and be able to ride cross country even with the crap gas out west. I figure 160 if you want to keep it east of he Mississippi river like my kings build. This motor will handle a lot more compression then the twin cam. 12.3 or so would be safe all over the country on an M8 where 11.4 in a twin cam is no good west of the Mississippi River.

Time will tell, but I may do this one. I really want to build an M8 bad.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:02 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
Thank you.

I have been fortunate with the M8 so far, 21500 trouble free miles on the 17 CVO Street glide, 24750 trouble Free on the 18 CVO Road Glide. Was planning to keep the 18 2 years, but saw this and had to have it. The only one SMHD was getting and it had a deposit on it the day of the dealer show. So I knew I was not buying a 19. Well the deal fell through and I was there the next morning when the opened, saw the bike so I asked. Bought it that day.

I am thinking of playing with this one in a year or little more if it proves trouble free for 23K miles. This motor will be easier to make big power out of. I figure 145 square and be able to ride cross country even with the crap gas out west. I figure 160 if you want to keep it east of he Mississippi river like my kings build. This motor will handle a lot more compression then the twin cam. 12.3 or so would be safe all over the country on an M8 where 11.4 in a twin cam is no good west of the Mississippi River.

Time will tell, but I may do this one. I really want to build an M8 bad.

I'll keep you posted as one of my bros picked up the same bike as you in August.

He can't leave anything stock for too long.

He has all his parts gathered up and ready to go at it. After much decision, he decided to go the Fuel Moto 128 kit, B-Heads (I think) Different Cams, pistons, bigger Thottle Hog w/ bigger injectors, header, pipe and a Thundermaxx Turner. (I suggested TTS, but you can only bring a horse to water...)

It should be a Monster. In Hindsight, I really think the only reason he is doing it is my other bro has a 15" RGS built up with Ohlins front/rear, a bunch of one offs special tricked out chit, and a Stout S&S 124" motor with some Zack Johnson love producing 157HP & 146TQ. It's a Sleeper Ripper for sure!

I will keep you posted when it's done.

YB

Last edited by 09 YELLOWBIRD; 01-28-2019 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:15 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

I'll keep you posted as one of my bros picked up the same bike as you in August.

He can't leave anything stock for too long.

He has all his parts gathered up and ready to go at it. After much decision, he decided to go the Fuel Moto 128 kit, B-Heads (I think) Different Cams, pistons, bigger Thottle Hog w/ bigger injectors, header, pipe and a Thundermaxx Turner. (I suggested TTS, but you can only bring a horse to water...)

It should be a Monster. In Hindsight, I really think the only reason he is doing it is my other bro has a 15" RGS built up with Ohlins front/rear, a bunch of one offs special tricked out chit, and a Stout S&S 124" motor with some Zack Johnson love producing 157HP & 146TQ. It's a Sleeper Ripper for sure!

I will keep you posted when it's done.

YB

The fuel moto 128 kit is a nice start. His web site leads you to believe you can substitute different woods cams for the one in the Kit. You can not, a friend call wanting to do just that, go with a bigger cam than WM8-408 cam as it is the mildest of the woods performance cams for the M8. He wants to go with the WM8-9F60. Further research he figured out that more compression is needed than the fuel motor kit, it needs a little over 12 to 1 where as the kit is 11 to 1. With the higher compression and the bigger cam, 160 square should be possible.

Of course larger injectors requires, and a 62mm HPI throttle body, big valve heads and so on. Better Air cleaners the the HD ones limit you to about 135 hp.

TTS or Power Vision are the turner to use. Either can put a stock map back in the bike so HD does not detect the ECM has been tampered with. Both are very capable tuners, wouldn't use any other than those two.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:29 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,748 Likes on 6,894 Posts

Yeah Zack Johnson does some good work! Nice folks also.

Have they moved to a different location? I drove by yesterday and a for sale sign and no one home! That is the place off Akron and Hwy 52.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:10 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Yeah Zack Johnson does some good work! Nice folks also.

Have they moved to a different location? I drove by yesterday and a for sale sign and no one home! That is the place off Akron and Hwy 52.

3645 Indiana ave. Winston-Salem. Last known address.

YB

Old 01-31-2019, 07:58 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

3645 Indiana ave. Winston-Salem. Last known address.

YB

I've had several buddies get engine work at Kendall Johnson's, not cheap but seems to do very good work

Old 02-05-2019, 06:50 PM
Enbyrn
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My 2018 CVO Street Glide

The following users liked this post:
Patrick Eubanks (10-03-2019)

Quick Reply: Post a picture of your CVO...