Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

The New 2017 CVO Street Glide is truly an awesome bad ass new ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 08:47 PM
SilverStreetGlide
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts
Default The New 2017 CVO Street Glide is truly an awesome bad *** new ride

I have posted my new ride a few times recently. And usually I don't post a lot but want to share my personal experience with the new M8 CVO so far.
I picked up my new ride a week ago Friday. I put 400 miles on her in Two days.
The rains moved into the DC metro area this past week and didn't give up till today Sunday. Around noon the sun came out and I jumped back on her and did 200 miles. The first 300 miles I didn't ride her hard. The next 100 I got into her but not until today did I start to realize what the new M8 is all about. The new CVO is truly a 75-80mph cruiser with no problem. Hitting 100 plus ain't much for her as well. And the true exhaust note and rumble really come alive In the higher RPM'S. And she just wants you to keep twisting that throttle since the torque just keeps pulling. The ride is very confident at higher speeds as well. I can honesty say the new M8 CVO is the most fun HD I have owned to date. And keep I mind I have the 15 and 16 CVO's as well. Feel very fortunate to have been able to be one of the select few to own one at this time. And yeah now I'm already thinking Limited CVO but already know after talking to various dealers slim pickings and I'm not ready to take a bath on my 15 and 16. I'll wait it out and just continue to ride the new bad *** 17. And yeah some here may feel I'm embellishing for my own personal benefit but truly wanting to share so it helps those who are thinking about getting one. And until you ride it you just don't know or understand. Cause the new ride is totally bad *** and awesome.
I've shown pictures before and will show again since this is a new posting.

My new ride 17 CVO SG ATOMIC RED

My current 15 and 16 CVO'S and I ain't giving them up for awhile cause you will take a 10-15k loss right now if u trade. Out right sale not as bad but I'll wait for the market to adjust (could be wrong) but CVO production is being slowed this model year 17.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:19 PM
Kingspoke
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I like your 16 Limited much better, aesthetically. Yesterday, I saw both bikes next to each other, at a dealership. I'm just not impressed with the M8 at this time, but I have not ridden one either. When they come out with the new frame, I'll give it some serious consideration. I have Ohlins front & back, so the 17's suspension would not be an upgrade for me.

I couldn't get a test ride, as they didn't have any demos. The sales idiot said I would have to be a serious buyer and go through a credit check first.

I bought a 11 FLHTK from them and currently own a 12 CVO. I would consider a deal for a 16 CVO as they're offering some large discounts, but I love my current bike, with the exception of 3" of rear travel, on these frames.

Anyhow, congrats on some beautiful bikes, you are very fortunate! Have fun, and watch out for the idiots!

Last edited by Kingspoke; 10-03-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:28 AM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I have 3,800 miles on my 17 RGS and the 107 M8 is an impressive engine. Given how well the 107 does I imagined the the 114 in the CVO would be more than impressive.

Dealers in this area can't get in CVO's. I have a 12 CVO RG CVO and a 16 RG CVO Ultra. When I traded an 11 RG CVO Ultra on the 16 Ultra last year I got $22,900 for it and waived fees on the 16. I considered that a strong offer on a 5 year old bike and 41K. They did say that was down due to not being a wet head.

However it does appear that pre wet head CVO's are now taking a bigger hit. And maybe the TC wet heads may take a hit not having the M8.

I will never give up the 12 but I told the dealer that I would consider the 16 trade on a 17. They can't get one so far. This is a rural area and smaller dealers.

Last edited by lh4x4; 10-03-2016 at 02:34 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Kingspoke
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
I have 3,800 miles on my 17 RGS and the 107 M8 is an impressive engine. Given how well the 107 does I imagined the the 114 in the CVO would be more than impressive.

Dealers in this area can't get in CVO's. I have a 12 CVO RG CVO and a 16 RG CVO Ultra. When I traded an 11 RG CVO Ultra on the 16 Ultra last year I got $22,900 for it and waived fees on the 16. I considered that a strong offer on a 5 year old bike and 41K. They did say that was down due to not being a wet head.

However it does appear that pre wet head CVO's are now taking a bigger hit. And maybe the TC wet heads may take a hit not having the M8.

I will never give up the 12 but I told the dealer that I would consider the 16 trade on a 17. They can't get one so far. This is a rural area and smaller dealers.
Looks like you got a very good trade in on your 11 RG CVO.

I live in Northern California, and the dealership had only one M8 CVO on the floor, a red SG CVO like OP's, and I was surprised it was still there. The sales mgr. told me that they've been selling all the M8's very fast. The only other M8 they had was a Limited low in the charcoal gray (beautiful paint).

This is good for news, but on the other hand they had a ton of 16's with up to 5k knocked off of some of the touring bikes (I didn't look at the tags closely to see if they had inflated set up fees, etc., as I'm only interested in CVO's).

Hopefully this M8 motor will have a more auspicious beginning than the TC 110 did during it's intro.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:51 PM
xupd42bmg
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats. I test rode the CVO SG and those were not my impressions. I thought it pulled pretty hard until 3500-4k then had nothing. I didn't get to go on the interstate but my buddy did"we switched bikes halfway thru the test ride" and he felt the same. He has a 16 CVO SG and like me wasn't impressed. I was more impressed with the 107 but it was the same feeling. Hard until 4k then nothing. I'm sure a stage 1 would fix all that though. Nice bike. I'm hoping for a CVO RG. Shame they didn't make one this year..

Old 10-03-2016, 07:47 PM
SilverStreetGlide
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

I love Tennessee that's where my mother is from and a lot of family. And my in-laws moved to Johnson City 4 years ago. And every chance I get we go south and I ride the Smokies. I visit Smith Brothers HD they are great operation as well. I'm totally impressed a HD dealer let u test ride the new 17 CVO. My dealers and I know a lot and have purchased from 6 different dealers in the Washington DC area won't let u test ride the 2017 CVO. Glad to hear you had a test ride and kinda surprised you didn't feel the ride was much different from the 16 model. You should have been doing a good 100 mph or more if you ran thru the gears. I suppose next year the Road Glide will come but who knows with Harley. And yeah a Stage 1 would be great as well. But for me I'm very happy with the performance and difference in handling, engine noise, vibration, gear ratio (5th gear 55-60 mph no problem, 6th gear 75-80mph just cruising) braking, push button side case locking, cooler motor...etc. And for me I ride 150 plus miles each time I jump on her. And my experience with my prior CVO's with the Stage 1 the mileage isn't to great and you have to fuel up before you leave and fuel up before you get back in. But to each his own and for me I have not pushed her past 4000 RPM since I'm at 700 miles. I'll give her a good spanking the next time I'm out and c if I feel the loss after 4000 rpm. Forums are great cause we can share all our experiences and not as bias as the magazine editors who get paid for advertising from the big manufactures and support them good or bad. And for me personally I am able to own all 3 of my Harley's and not forced to sell my 15 and 16. Cause right now I'd sit it out and not take the bath for the new 17 model. And some here will tend to take your advice that it ain't that big a difference and worth giving up their brand new used 15 16 CVO and I'd agree that's probably a smart financial move.

Took her out again today she's just too damn fun

Last edited by SilverStreetGlide; 10-03-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:04 AM
xupd42bmg
Road Captain

Don't get me wrong bud, the 17 is better in every way and you've got side by side comparison to go by. No one here needs to use my statement to shy away from the 17 if they can get one. And all I was referring to was the seat of the pants power but the 16 cvo rg is the first rg I've ever owned. When I first got the rg I couldn't tell much difference between the rg and the sg. Let me tell ya after test riding the sg after owning the rg there is big difference in wind affecting the bike. I'm sure I'd probably feel the difference between the two motors if I could go back and fourth between the 16 and 17 as you can. Nice bike brother. I look forward to getting mine next year .

The following users liked this post:
SilverStreetGlide (10-04-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 10:30 AM
xupd42bmg
Road Captain

Oh, and nice Jeep too!!!

Old 10-04-2016, 01:25 PM
VT Hog
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice bike. I have the same color combo '15 CVO. I recently took out a '17 CVO and I really can't see a reason to trade up. Now, keep in mind, my '15 CVO has a 117CU IN motor, Ohlins rear shocks and Progressive front end. My bike out handles the new '17 with this setup as well as out performs. As for the l mileage, I average 46-52 MPGs on my built motor.

The following users liked this post:
SilverStreetGlide (10-04-2016)