Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2017 cvo street glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 07:12 PM
niteman
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 2017 cvo street glide

I just put a deposit on a 2017 cvo streetglide,I'm trading in my 2017 street glide special am I nut's? are the cvo's worth the extra $'s. I love my streetglide but the cvo really caught my eye.My dealer is giving me a great trade on my 2017 I'm just on the fence with this whole deal.Do the cvo's hold there value better then a regular bike?

Old 01-25-2017, 07:14 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

I love my CVO Limited

The following users liked this post:
niteman (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 08:09 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

I had a 2014 CVO Breakout and spent three years customizing it only to get it where I wanted it and than HD released the M8 line of motorcycles. I went into my dealer just before Christmas and ended up trading in my CVO Breakout for a 2017 CVO Street Glide. In terms of CVO's holding value, I would say yes. I was given top dollar for my 2014 CVO Breakout (above and beyond what the black book said). By the time my deal was done, I walked away with only losing a couple grand on my original price for my CVO Breakout, and that was after three years of riding it. I stripped down all of my custom upgrades and replaced them with the OEM parts before trading it in. The new buyer purchased most of the custom upgrades from me so I pretty much recouped all of my costs except for about two grand once it was all said and done. I think CVO's hold their value better because there are not as many produced and their paint schemes are always unique, as well as all the other upgrades.

The 114 engine on the new M8 CVO packs a punch and the upgrades on the Boom Audio, Sirius XM module, extended saddle bags, saddle bag speakers, saddle bag amp, tool kit, CVO cover, saddle bag inserts, lower fairings, liquid cooling, etc, all add to the CVO package over and above the Street Glide Special. I think you will not be disappointed in your decision. Congrats on your purchase.

Last edited by BrokenAnchor; 01-25-2017 at 08:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
niteman (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 08:31 PM
SilverStreetGlide
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Welcome to the CVO forum club. And if your on the fence on asking the CVO forum owners (LOL) an opinion on a answer. Well I'd say your asking the wrong ones LOL. Of course your gonna love a CVO and you'll never go back to the basic model again. And yeah any non- CVO owners here reading don't get all riled up. As far as value to the basics series. LOL it's a toy to enjoy and she will lose some money and depends on a lot of variables. But how do you put a value on FUN? For me it's an investment of fun and ain't young forever so I take advantage of fun. As far as the loss on value oh well. How many of your friends go on cruises and world vacations or just vacations and spend thousands never to be had again?
You play big and pay big I guess would sum it up. Heck just buy a nice car and 20k-30k depreciation over time, boat is huge, RV is huge so in summing it up the bikes are chump change in loss of value in comparison to so many other so called fun factor activities. And I am not partial here just look:

Last edited by SilverStreetGlide; 01-25-2017 at 08:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SilverStreetGlide:
CheefASRC (02-02-2017), niteman (01-26-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 08:56 PM
Litterbox
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverStreetGlide
Welcome to the CVO forum club. And if your on the fence on asking the CVO forum owners (LOL) an opinion on a answer. Well I'd say your asking the wrong ones LOL. Of course your gonna love a CVO and you'll never go back to the basic model again. And yeah any non- CVO owners here reading don't get all riled up. As far as value to the basics series. LOL it's a toy to enjoy and she will lose some money and depends on a lot of variables. But how do you put a value on FUN? For me it's an investment of fun and ain't young forever so I take advantage of fun. As far as the loss on value oh well. How many of your friends go on cruises and world vacations or just vacations and spend thousands never to be had again?
You play big and pay big I guess would sum it up. Heck just buy a nice car and 20k-30k depreciation over time, boat is huge, RV is huge so in summing it up the bikes are chump change in loss of value in comparison to so many other so called fun factor activities. And I am not partial here just look:

Man couldn't have been said any better IMO.. Be careful tho CVO's are addicting sometimes 1 or 2 isn't enough!! Enjoy the new ride and welcome to the dark side......

The following 2 users liked this post by Litterbox:
niteman (01-26-2017), SilverStreetGlide (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 09:00 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain

Ya, I totally agree, CVO's are addictive. I would have kept my CVO Breakout but my wife wanted a new SGS so I traded my CVO Breakout and bought my CVO Street Glide and bought my wife a M8 SGS in Hard Candy Hot Rod Red. Both are beautiful bikes, but there is no comparison to the CVO and I for one will never not have a CVO in my garage or on the road.

The following 2 users liked this post by BrokenAnchor:
niteman (01-26-2017), SilverStreetGlide (01-25-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 07:03 AM
niteman
Cruiser

I think my biggest problem is that I have to trade my nitetrain in on the deal to keep the cost down on the cvo.I have no problem trading in the 2017 sgs,but the nitetrain hold a special place in my heart.It was my first new harley I ever bought.I don't ride it much since I have the sgs & a 2016 flss but I just love that Ican look at anytime.Maybe I need to flip a coin! lol.

Attached Thumbnails 2017 cvo street glide-dsc01002.jpg   2017 cvo street glide-dsc01001.jpg   2017 cvo street glide-dsc01005.jpg   2017 cvo street glide-dsc01003.jpg  
Old 01-26-2017, 04:48 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain

That's how I felt about my CVO Breakout. Believe me, after you pull the trigger there will be no looking back. It's like comparing apples to a cherry pit, lol. Once you ride the CVO Street Glide you won't regret the decision.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:58 PM
realred04
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have to agree with all of the previous comments. I traded my SGS in on a CVO Limited. I do not regret the decision and I do not believe that I will ever be without a CVO again.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:21 AM
niteman
Cruiser

I'm on my way to the dealer to sign the papers,a little nervous since I never spent this much on a bike before but I guess it will be well worth it.Thanks for all the input from everyone!

Quick Reply: 2017 cvo street glide