Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

appropriate tuning for 2017 CVO Limited with Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vance and Hines Power Duals and Hi-Output Slip ons

Old 02-21-2017, 04:13 AM
DenzHD
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default appropriate tuning for 2017 CVO Limited with Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vance and Hines Power Duals and Hi-Output Slip ons

I'm looking for appropriate mapping for 2017 CVO Limited with Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vance & Hines Power Duals and Vance & Hines Hi-Output Slip ons... we use the updated mapping 723SHR211 and still wont run well... stock exhaust is more better than it. Please Help....

Old 02-21-2017, 04:19 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Probably because you're using a SE tuner with non SE parts. The V&H mufflers and Power Duals allow for way more airflow then stock head pipe and mufflers. In addition the V&H Power Duals don't have a cat. You might look at a Power Vision Tuner or other aftermarket tuner that will allow for aftermarket parts. Steve Cole or Fuel Moto would be my go to guys to answer this type of question.

The following users liked this post:
DenzHD (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 02:24 AM
DenzHD
Stage II

Thanks for the response BrokenAnchor... Apparently I've checked the V&H Power Duals and got cat ... I installed the same V&H Hi-Output Slip Ons and V&H Power Duals on previous 2015 CVO Limited and got no problem with tuning... anyway... I just want to make sure that any aftermarket tuner will solve my problem... I don't want to spend another dollar with zero result... i will gladly appreciate if someone can give me assurance and explanation regarding this mapping issue with my 2017 CVO Limited...

Old 02-22-2017, 06:00 AM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

I would PM Steve Cole. He is a product expert and will likely be able to tell you what mapping/tune you need. Thanks for the feedback on the V&H Power Duals, I was sure they weren't street legal because they didn't have a cat, but if they solved that issue, than I think a lot more people will buy those head pipes. Are you sure they have a cat? I just went to their site and it doesn't mention having a cat and they still state "FOR CLOSED COURSE COMPETITION USE ONLY. NOT INTENDED FOR STREET USE", which usually means they are not EPA compliant and don't have a cat.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:47 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,342 Posts

The 2017 SE tuner is very limited in its capabilities. It has to keep everything EPA compliant. With the extra air flow of the aftermarket head pipe, mufflers the bike can't get enough fuel for the air. The SE tuner can not add enough fuel as it must remain era compliant.

The TTS tuner is the best on the market. Talk to Steve Cole about it or Steve at Fullsac.

BrokenAnchor (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 09:17 AM
Dkap
Stage IV

I sure hope SE has different mapping for the Pro Street tuner vrs the Pro Super tuner, I will be installing almost the same setup, except a set of 4" Rinehart's on the tail end. My bike is also the 2017 Limited CVO, dealer will be installing the VH power dual head pipe, 4" Rineharts and the SE Pro Street tuner, I didn't think it has a cat either. Let us know if you find a solution.

Last edited by Dkap; 02-22-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:00 PM
TZG18FLTRU
Road Captain

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep it sure does. The SE Pro Super Tuner lets you change everything you can imagine. It has a learning curve but well worth it.

The following 2 users liked this post by TZG18FLTRU:
Dkap (02-22-2017), riding a relic (06-22-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 07:29 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by 14impflhx
Yep it sure does. The SE Pro Super Tuner lets you change everything you can imagine. It has a learning curve but well worth it.
But that is not sold for the 2017.

HD does not sell a tuner that allows you to change the fuel, or timing on a 17. The tuner they sell for the 17's is 100% EPA legal. It will allow their kits to stay with in EPA regulations. It will not let you add enough fuel to remove the cat.

Dkap (02-23-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 03:40 AM
Royalt
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DenzHD
I'm looking for appropriate mapping for 2017 CVO Limited with Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vance & Hines Power Duals and Vance & Hines Hi-Output Slip ons... we use the updated mapping 723SHR211 and still wont run well... stock exhaust is more better than it. Please Help....
Just byr a power vision and you will be good

Old 02-28-2017, 08:35 AM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

I had the SE Super Pro Tuner for my 2013 Ultra,,, you choose a map close to what you've added in the SESPT software,,, in my case.. Cam, Slip Ons, Breather... the MAP alone will not make your bike run better,,, you have to do some Runs with the Tuner to get your VE's updated for your specific equipment... It's a good Tuner if you take the time to learn & work with it...
Once the VE's are stable, you can adjust the AFR for idle etc...
Mine ran great with adding SE255 Cams and still got 40-43 MPG on trips.

That being said,,, I just ordered a V&H FP3 for my new CVO...

Last edited by Sam D.; 03-04-2017 at 07:59 AM.
riding a relic (06-22-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: appropriate tuning for 2017 CVO Limited with Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vance and Hines Power Duals and Hi-Output Slip ons