Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Please help-Electra Glo Saddlebag led- no brake light

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Hammerhead59
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Electra Glo Saddlebag led- no brake light

I bought the Electra Glo LED Saddlebag lights pn 67800450A. Was told by two Harley dealers they would work on my 17 CVO Street Glide.

They came in Friday and I installed them over the weekend. Hookup is super easy. One connector put the module in series. Luckily I tested everything before sticking them to the bags. The running lights work great, turn signals good, just no brake lights.

Anyone have any ideas? Any help with be greatly appreciated.

Ham

Last edited by Hammerhead59; 05-08-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:07 PM
gkemoyer
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem... turn signals worked but not brake lights. The dealer has to change a setting in the BCM to enable the brake lights which resolved the problem

Old 04-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Hammerhead59
Banned

Originally Posted by gkemoyer
I had the same problem... turn signals worked but not brake lights. The dealer has to change a setting in the BCM to enable the brake lights which resolved the problem
What bike what part number? Anyone else with a little more info?

Old 04-11-2017, 07:31 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,955 Likes on 2,351 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerhead59
What bike what part number? Anyone else with a little more info?
Your question was answered by gkemoyer.

The dealer has to change a setting in the bikes BCM.

BCM is the Body Control Module computer on the bike. The dealer has to plug in and toggle a logic bit. Once done the brake lights will be enabled.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:14 PM
Hammerhead59
Banned

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
Your question was answered by gkemoyer.

The dealer has to change a setting in the bikes BCM.

BCM is the Body Control Module computer on the bike. The dealer has to plug in and toggle a logic bit. Once done the brake lights will be enabled.
Dave,

I know what the BCM is. If it was as simple as you say, I wouldn't have posted on here a second time asking for help and more details. I've been to two dealers, both say they called Tech Services and both say it doesn't require a bit flipped on the digitech.

As for me asking for part number and year, it's all I can figure is the difference. If you look at the instructions for the LED lights that go on a SGS, it shows all the various module for all the various bikes. It's a generic set of instructions for ALL the Electra Glo Saddle bag lights. Well here is the kicker, Harley, Tech Services, say I need the same model as the SGS, and it doesn't require anything from the digitech. The instructions say I need the control module that is on a Road king, which is a different kit yet.

Thanks for your helpful advice.

Ham

Old 04-12-2017, 07:51 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,955 Likes on 2,351 Posts

Dave,

I know what the BCM is. If it was as simple as you say, I wouldn't have posted on here a second time asking for help and more details. I've been to two dealers, both say they called Tech Services and both say it doesn't require a bit flipped on the digitech.

As for me asking for part number and year, it's all I can figure is the difference. If you look at the instructions for the LED lights that go on a SGS, it shows all the various module for all the various bikes. It's a generic set of instructions for ALL the Electra Glo Saddle bag lights. Well here is the kicker, Harley, Tech Services, say I need the same model as the SGS, and it doesn't require anything from the digitech. The instructions say I need the control module that is on a Road king, which is a different kit yet.

Thanks for your helpful advice.

Ham
Ham,

Sorry, your first reply made it look to me like you did not understand the answer.

Not surprised HD docent know what does or doesn't work, or even how to make it work.

I know I had to go round and round with a Tech about a bit to enable brake lights on my tour pac.

I was trying to help....

The following users liked this post:
Hammerhead59 (05-08-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 03:50 PM
gkemoyer
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Apologies for the limited information. My bike is a 2014 FLHTKSE and the part number of the saddlebag light kit I used was 67800451A. My running lights and turn signals functioned properly but no brake lights. My dealer changed a setting in the computer to make the brake lights function. A side effect of this change was that my turn signals below the tail light also functioned as brake lights so I had to change the amber bulbs to red...

The following users liked this post:
Hammerhead59 (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Hammerhead59
Banned

Well I finally got the rear HD Electra Glo Saddlebag lights working on my 2017 CVO Street Glide. The fix was to swap out the Street glide Special module (HD originally thought this kit would work) with a module that is for a 17 Road King.

Net: I use kit 67800451A with no modifications to the BCM..... I now have running lights, turn and brake lights. The stock rear lights function normal as well. All is good!

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...11-67800451--1

Hope this helps anyone else looking to put these on a 17 CVO street Glide

Last edited by Hammerhead59; 05-08-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:40 AM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Well I finally got the rear HD Electra Glo Saddlebag lights working on my 2017 CVO Street Glide. The fix was to swap out the Street glide Special module (HD originally thought this kit would work) with a module that is for a 17 Road King.

Net: I use kit 67800451A with no modifications to the BCM..... I now have running lights, turn and brake lights. The stock rear lights function normal as well. All is good!

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...11-67800451--1

Hope this helps anyone else looking to put these on a 17 CVO street Glide
Show us some pics. I'd like to see how they look before I decide to pull the trigger or not.