Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Dealer Calls me and says warranty is void

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by mastergunnera8
Pretty sure if the items are installed by HD within the first 60 days, and are added to the VIN, they are covered by the 2 year warranty as well as any ESP product. Of course what they will add to the VIN most likely isn't a race product...but who knows what is considered a performance mod...I do know SE cams would be covered in that scenario
Not sure what you classify as a "race product" but my stage IV parts were added to my VIN. 64mm throttle body, larger injectors, CNC ported Heads, High Capacity clutch, 515cam, SE Street Cannon mufflers, SE Pro Street tuner. I also had my Cool fan added to the VIN.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:13 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Tell em to put it back to where it was and how it was and take it to a reputable indy and call it a day and tell em to shove it!
Yeah, so that "reputable" indy can tell you what it will cost YOU to fix it and ask how youd like to pay it!

Old 04-26-2017, 04:06 PM
25-06
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Isn't it fascinating how the dealers can now deny factory warranty repairs on new 2017's, based solely upon any single Stage-1 mod that was installed (i.e., intake, exhaust or re-map), and yet, those dealers themselves were doing the same dam#ned mods to 25% of the units on their own showroom floors less than 6-months ago? Its just "rich" beyond words! And the best part of the scam is, you can effectively do all of the same mods without voiding anything, if you shun the aftermarket parts of their competitors and use "their" own (garbage) parts instead (i.e., Screaming' Eagle, etc.).

This whole fiasco is nothing but a completely transparent old-school "shakedown" designed to radically reduce their costs for warranty obligations while fleecing their own customers. Any fool can see it. Basically, they've applied years of lessons from Enron and Wall Street.

Last edited by 25-06; 04-26-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:24 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Using a Powervision on a 2015 bike does not void the warranty, at least under the recent EPA Consent Decree. The voiding of drivetrain warranty claims due to use of a non-approved tuner applies only to 2017 bikes. If they are voiding the warranty claim, its for reasons unrelated to the EPA and last year's Consent Decree.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:35 PM
Soon2Be1
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam D.
Good for you... and good to know.
I have a good friend that works at our local dealer(Previous Service Mgr)(Now Parts Mgr) been with the dealership for 12+yrs...
When I bought my 2017, he told me do want you want to your bike, but if anything happens to it Engine wise,,, put it back stock before you bring in it if we didn't do the work...
I raise a bit of caution on this one. My local service manager is cool and very straight forward. I can get my hands on an unlocked Screamin Eagle race tuner (old banned version) that will work on the 17s and I talked to him about it. He claimed that due to the writing process of the ECM, if I flash with an SE Street Tuner then with the Race tuner and have a warranty issue, even if I reflash back to the Street tuner, the download sent to MoCo will still show the Race tuner. Because, as he claims, the required download sent to MoCo will show the model number and serial number of the tuner.

I am not a tech, nor do I have a friend at a shop. I am prospective owner of a 17 RKS and have been doing a ton of research. Anymore info on this would be great as I would love to know if he is BSing me. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2017, 07:27 AM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Soon2Be1
I raise a bit of caution on this one. My local service manager is cool and very straight forward. I can get my hands on an unlocked Screamin Eagle race tuner (old banned version) that will work on the 17s and I talked to him about it. He claimed that due to the writing process of the ECM, if I flash with an SE Street Tuner then with the Race tuner and have a warranty issue, even if I reflash back to the Street tuner, the download sent to MoCo will still show the Race tuner. Because, as he claims, the required download sent to MoCo will show the model number and serial number of the tuner.

I am not a tech, nor do I have a friend at a shop. I am prospective owner of a 17 RKS and have been doing a ton of research. Anymore info on this would be great as I would love to know if he is BSing me. Thanks!
Well I've used the original SE Street Tuner & SE Super Pro Tuner on my 2013 Ultra that I owned, unless there is something running in the Background of the SE Software when hooked up to Flash the ECM that sends info back to MoCo, but I've never heard of it. I have read on HDforums that the ECM will show the current MAP and how many times the ECM has been Flashed, but not by what Device... My FP3 on my 2017 did save the Original HD Map to slot 1, and it shows 41000481B which is a HD Map#...
As it states in the EPA/HD Consent Decree, If the MoCo or Representatives are aware of non-compliant Parts or Devices then they are obligated to Void your Engine Warranty...
Just don't put your Dealer in that position...

Old 07-19-2017, 08:24 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by CVO SG
Im not following here. Isn't the bike at the dealer currently all apart now? How are you supposed to put it back to stock so it will be covered?

Good deal, either way!
I'm not following here either.