Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2017 M8 fuel mileage problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:39 AM
bhilliker@comcast.net
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 M8 fuel mileage problems

I purchased a 2017 FLHTK CVO the end of July while I was on a two week trip---06 broke down so I bought a new one and kept riding. First 3500 miles I was getting 220-250 miles per tank. Now I am down to barely eaking out 170 miles per tank riding it easy. Took it to Folsom HD----they told me I mapped it wrong---it was brand new two weeks old----hadn't done anything to the bike. They put a different map on it and gave it back to me with the check engine light on. Took it to SAC HD---they put the original map back on it and indicated it was a temp sensor?. Gave it back to me and no change. Idles rough and poor mileage. I have talked to others with an M8 who ride the **** out of them and are getting 200-230 per tank. I'm at 7300 miles Help!!

Old 10-18-2017, 12:24 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
You got me at "the dealer told me I mapped it wrong". What tuner are you using and what are the mods to the motor?

Old 10-18-2017, 07:52 PM
bhilliker@comcast.net
6th Gear

It's stock----two weeks off the floor. Bought it in Sat Lake--told them that at Folsom----they came out and argued with me that I mapped it. Straight stock---had just returned from my trip. It's not a Cal bike so they re mapped it to the CAL map---that threw the code and the check engine light because it doesn't have all the CAL stuff on it. They argued with me that I had the biked tuned----dialed Salt Lake Harley and said here---talk to them. ******* told me it was his lunch break and wouldn't talk to Salt Lake HD. Following up----I went back to SAC HD today. Told them to enter into the system that I returned for this problem--idling rough and poor mileage. He said ok and he would call Harley and talk to them. Everyone I talked to there said people are getting over 200 miles per tank. Not sure what to do at this point

Old 10-18-2017, 11:02 PM
mstrobes
Road Master
Received 302 Likes on 129 Posts

city i get around 200 miles per tank highway i get around 240 mile

Old 10-19-2017, 04:24 AM
roadglider05
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

My 2017 CVO had a similar issue, Started to run poor, idle rough, fuel mileage and performance was almost half. Took it to a dealer and they said it had some crazy tune they had never seen,, my reply was factory stock.
They reflashed the ecm and bike was fine after that, have since installed the torque cam and PC-V canned map with all else stock and runs perfect, 40-44 mpg.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:28 PM
bhilliker@comcast.net
6th Gear

Roadglider05-----how many miles did you have on the bike before it began to have the problem??

Old 10-19-2017, 07:36 PM
roadglider05
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

I bought it in late June, probably second week of July around 2400 miles.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:42 PM
bhilliker@comcast.net
6th Gear

Thank you--I will use this information when I go back to the dealer. Appreciate your time

Old 10-25-2017, 11:13 PM
bhilliker@comcast.net
6th Gear

I went back to the local dealer the other day and told them to document that the problem is getting worse and what were they going to do about it. They told me they would call the moco and talk to them about it-----they did not and they did not document it. I know this because I contacted the moco and nothing was entered in the system. So----I told the moco what was going on and they gave me a reference number and told me to go back to the dealer and give them that number----I guess the d,ealer is obligated at that point to address it. So I contacted the service manager at the dealer and laid it out. Basically right now I have a 45k POS and it needs to be fixed. They told me to bring it back. Now----with bitchin riding weather I am going to be without it again for a week while they play with themselves-------I sure hope they find the problem.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:19 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,936 Likes on 2,344 Posts

My 17 CVO street glide was getting 230~240 a tank. My 18 CVO RG is getting 230 a tank.

Quick Reply: 2017 M8 fuel mileage problems