Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

How many CVO buyers are waiting on bikes ?

Old 11-10-2017, 11:01 PM
DandSPro
Club Member
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

My CVO Limited in Black Earth Fade just arrived at the dealer in Hawaii .I’m on the mainland at the moment and be heading back home in a few days .Just in time for my birthday . Only had to wait about a month .

Old 11-12-2017, 08:57 AM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mtbutler
Waiting on CVO Road Glide in Gunship Gray. Due to be shipped to dealer mid December.
Same here.

Could have had a gray SG already, but no thanks.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:26 AM
-AV8R-
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by -AV8R-
I just put a deposit on a CVO Street Glide on Saturday, and can’t take delivery till Friday. The wait is killing me!
UPDATE: Delivered!

Yissir.. Shes a Beast!
(Ignore the Sneakers I wasn't riding home the day this photo was shot)

Last edited by -AV8R-; 11-13-2017 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:38 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 502 Likes on 246 Posts

I had a deposit on a CVO Limited at my usual dealer and was told it probably won't appear until Jan or Feb of next year. That sucked. On Oct 19th I happened to stop in a dealership 70 miles away while out on a ride and there was one sitting on the floor just inside the door. Bought it. No more waiting whoo hooooo and it's is freakin awesome.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:34 AM
-AV8R-
Intermediate

I just put a deposit on a CVO Street Glide on Saturday, and can’t take delivery till Friday. The wait is killing me!
UPDATE: Delivered!

Yissir.. Shes a Beast!
(Ignore the Sneakers I wasn't riding home the day this photo was shot)

Old 11-13-2017, 06:42 AM
-AV8R-
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
I had a deposit on a CVO Limited at my usual dealer and was told it probably won't appear until Jan or Feb of next year. That sucked. On Oct 19th I happened to stop in a dealership 70 miles away while out on a ride and there was one sitting on the floor just inside the door. Bought it. No more waiting whoo hooooo and it's is freakin awesome.
I had a very similar experience. I had been working with my local dealer, the one I had bought my last CVO from in 2016. I had been working with him since June, on a 2017 CVO St. glide, but it got so close to the release of the 2018, I decided to wait and see what they were going to be. After the announcement, I was in love with the 2018 and decided to get one and let my dealer know. They kept feeding me stories about how they would be so hard to find, and they would be getting some in, but they didn’t know when, or which ones they were going to get. “ they would let me know” I went in about once a week over the next three weeks, and finally ask the dealer if they could locate one and I would have it shipped. They said before they would do that they needed a deposit, and I told them I was just asking them if they could look and see if one can even be found. They wouldn’t even bother to look without a deposit in their hand. My wife and I broke out our iPads and started looking at the inventories of the other Harley dealers in the state, and within five minutes she found one in the available inventory of a dealer less than an hour away from us. We went there and bought it that day. On one hand I feel bad that I bought it from another dealer after having worked so long with the dealer in my area and the salesman I had already purchased from before, but on the other hand I was annoyed that they would not even bother to look without a deposit in their hand. It would have literally taken them 10 minutes to find it if they had bothered to put in even a small amount of effort on my behalf, so they lost the sale, and ultimately I don’t feel bad about it at all.

Last edited by -AV8R-; 11-13-2017 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-13-2017, 01:26 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

I had a very similar experience. I had been working with my local dealer, the one I had bought my last CVO from in 2016. I had been working with him since June, on a 2017 CVO St. glide, but it got so close to the release of the 2018, I decided to wait and see what they were going to be. After the announcement, I was in love with the 2018 and decided to get one and let my dealer know. They kept feeding me stories about how they would be so hard to find, and they would be getting some in, but they didn’t know when, or which ones they were going to get. “ they would let me know” I went in about once a week over the next three weeks, and finally ask the dealer if they could locate one and I would have it shipped. They said before they would do that they needed a deposit, and I told them I was just asking them if they could look and see if one can even be found. They wouldn’t even bother to look without a deposit in their hand. My wife and I broke out our iPads and started looking at the inventories of the other Harley dealers in the state, and within five minutes she found one in the available inventory of a dealer less than an hour away from us. We went there and bought it that day. On one hand I feel bad that I bought it from another dealer after having worked so long with the dealer in my area and the salesman I had already purchased from before, but on the other hand I was annoyed that they would not even bother to look without a deposit in their hand. It would have literally taken them 10 minutes to find it if they had bothered to put in even a small amount of effort on my behalf, so they lost the sale, and ultimately I don’t feel bad about it at all.
Don’t feel bad - the dealer had every opportunity to work with you and they chose not to. Having worked in sales before, I know some managers are hesitant to do dealer trades - but if they want the sale, they’ll do it. I’d have done the same thing - we live in a land of instant gratification, and if your local dealer doesn’t want your business badly enough to do a quick search, it’s their loss.

Enjoy that bike!

The following users liked this post:
mrmarklin (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 03:58 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 502 Likes on 246 Posts

I hated buying from another dealer since I had a deposit at the first one. It was a breach of loyalty in my book and it bugged me. I went to the original dealer after the purchase and explained just what happened. He was VERY gracious about it and since he was I simply spent that deposit money at that dealer to buy stuff for my new one. At least they didn't end up empty handed....

Last edited by Gunnysgt; 11-13-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:47 PM
mstrobes
Road Master
Received 302 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
I hated buying from another dealer since I had a deposit at the first one. It was a breach of loyalty in my book and it bugged me. I went to the original dealer after the purchase and explained just what happened. He was VERY gracious about it and since he was I simply spent that deposit money at that dealer to buy stuff for my new one. At least they didn't end up empty handed....
when it comes to service or warranty work I stick with my local dealer. But when it comes to buying I go to who ever is willing to find the bike or has inventory.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:46 AM
Yazeed
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it really sucks how much dealers are they are careless to trade you well even with a loyalty of a lifetime maybe !! don't know if it is a mentality of MoCo but it really killing the loyalty and interest between us Harley owners if we didn't get a well treatment in a dealer a spent a life time buying from him maybe dozens of bikes and yet i need to deposit an amount for an information !! that really affect the business.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many CVO buyers are waiting on bikes ?