Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

First CVO - Couldn’t pass it up!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 07:04 AM
GrassyKnoll
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes actually when I took my wife to the dealer to show her the CVO she said “this sure makes our bike look plain” and we have a pretty nice Ultra Limited. CVO just a different level and I agree it will be tough to go back lol.

Originally Posted by 30glock
Congrats gorgeous bike, you do realize once you purchase a CVO you will always ride a CVO, no going back.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:10 AM
brinks13081
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick!!!

Old 11-16-2017, 09:51 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

I’ve had mine a month and I’m still finding little details now and then. Yeah, they’re expensive...but I think they’re worth it...

Old 11-16-2017, 09:56 AM
GrassyKnoll
Cruiser

Have you done or plan to do any exhaust changes? The stretch bags look best with a 4.5 inch muffler imo but undecided yet on direction there. I don’t like loud, just deep rumble but the 4.5s get loud I know.

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
I’ve had mine a month and I’m still finding little details now and then. Yeah, they’re expensive...but I think they’re worth it...

Old 11-16-2017, 12:29 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by GrassyKnoll
Have you done or plan to do any exhaust changes? The stretch bags look best with a 4.5 inch muffler imo but undecided yet on direction there. I don’t like loud, just deep rumble but the 4.5s get loud I know.
I’m probably just going to do a set of Fullsac baffles and the Techmat “screens” - I like the look of the stock cans and tips but can’t hear the bike. Hell, even my wife, who doesn’t ride with me, said “You gotta make that thing sound more like a Harley.”

I figure the baffles will keep me happy until I’m out of warranty and decide to do some more work to it.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:57 PM
SilverStreetGlide
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

I’d leave her stock. I have changed every CVO exhaust i have owned. And the factory 117 motor IMO sounds better stock then the 114 with non-factory mufflers. I even did a full head pipe and VH set up on my 114 Limited and now feel ain’t worth it. Leave her alone she’s bad *** just the way she sits. I have YouTube videos if you want links in my 114 head pipe and 114 just slip ons. My Natural Earth color on my RG CVO what looks like TITANIUM exhaust set up. It ain’t but the titanuim color would be difficult to replace without doing a head pipe as well for me. The low end torque is truly noticeable loss when you take out the factory exhaust. Once again the 117 motor IMO has a very different and unique sound when you start to give her some throttle over the former CVO motors.

Last edited by SilverStreetGlide; 11-16-2017 at 07:59 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SilverStreetGlide:
attaboy15 (04-09-2018), GrassyKnoll (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 06:26 AM
GrassyKnoll
Cruiser

I haven’t decided on anything yet but one option I was considering is the V&H Power Duals with the MK45 mufflers. Black in both obviously. These stretch bags seem to dwarf 4” mufflers.

Originally Posted by SilverStreetGlide
I’d leave her stock. I have changed every CVO exhaust i have owned. And the factory 117 motor IMO sounds better stock then the 114 with non-factory mufflers. I even did a full head pipe and VH set up on my 114 Limited and now feel ain’t worth it. Leave her alone she’s bad *** just the way she sits. I have YouTube videos if you want links in my 114 head pipe and 114 just slip ons. My Natural Earth color on my RG CVO what looks like TITANIUM exhaust set up. It ain’t but the titanuim color would be difficult to replace without doing a head pipe as well for me. The low end torque is truly noticeable loss when you take out the factory exhaust. Once again the 117 motor IMO has a very different and unique sound when you start to give her some throttle over the former CVO motors.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:16 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SilverStreetGlide
I agree that it’s got a decent sound when it’s WFO, but at idle and part throttle it just doesn’t have that thrum I want. For now I’m keeping the cat and the stock cam, so I need something that’s going to generate at least a LITTLE rumble...and the stock cans just don’t do that.

And I’m not planning on ‘taking out the factory exhaust - I’m replacing the baffles with another set as well as packing and screens to hold it in place. Lot’s cheaper than doing a full system, and if I don’t like it I can tack the stock baffles back in.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:57 PM
D.Stewart
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful bike, love the color.....

The following users liked this post:
GrassyKnoll (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 10:13 AM
miles miles miles
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations.

The following users liked this post:
GrassyKnoll (11-18-2017)

Quick Reply: First CVO - Couldn’t pass it up!