Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Finally got the kids home

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 05:49 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 999 Likes on 495 Posts
Default Finally got the kids home

Totally pumped that it's finally here. Too bad I'm still staring at snow in the front yard. Ordered the RG in lava orange right after they came out. Built in December and just got it delivered from dealer yesterday (they were doing some other stuff so not just super slow). Had Stage 3 and F47 bars installed, CVO backrest and some minor chrome adds. The boom crap will be pulled before it hits the road and tour pak is on. Wasn't sure if I'll like the stock CVO seat or stick with my Corbin, so didn't order the matching passenger pad yet. Did get the small matching pad for the backrest, that looks great. Will add the light bar and side marker lights to tour pak soon.

A couple of minor bummers, but nothing too big. For some reason the right saddlebag locks fine with the remote, but won't lock with the dash switch. Left side is fine with both and the both sides unlock fine. Put it on a battery tender since it won't be going anywhere for a while and light on tender never moves off yellow. Tried 2 different HD tenders that work fine on other batteries. I asked the dealer about installing the auto locks for the tour pak and they quoted me $1200 - it's cool, but not that cool. I'll stick to manually locking it as it's only on for big trips anyways.

Biggest challenge now is to find a set of the tank emblems, think they would look awesome on the orange/gray tank and can't figure out why they don't come with it. Dealer claims they are now a turn in item so can't even order them.

Got the 16 RGS back yesterday too. The rebuild on the blown 120 went fine and I was able to get 1000 miles on in late fall. Once I decided on the CVO we got serious about figuring out a way to get the better half (5'0" with 28" inseam) on a touring bike safely. Traded in her Fat Boy S and added an FBI drop seat kit and JNR air ride. Dropped the front 1" with progressive kit and using the air ride to drop the rear about 3/4" from stock while riding so still a very smooth ride. When parking etc. the air ride really slams the bike so she can maneuver around under pretty much any condition. Airs it back up to preset ride height using limit switches when ready to go and we're off.

If the sun comes out today will try to get some pictures outside the garage. Please, please, please let it be sunny and warm soon.

Old 02-24-2018, 05:56 AM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 526 Posts

Congratulations, looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing your thoughts on the stage 3...

Old 02-24-2018, 06:43 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 999 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Mofo67
Congratulations, looking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing your thoughts on the stage 3...
I'm hoping the Stage 3 is strong. We can't even ride yet and she reminds me regularly that she's got a 120 and I "only" have a 117.