Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2016 to 2018 FLHTKSE Upgrade - Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 05:29 PM
harleytacticalnut
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Ask for Ken at old dominion. Tell him the guy that beat him to his own gunship roadglide located at stonewall said what’s up and to see if he can do you a little better. If he can he will. They might not get where richmond will be but you will be dealing with a class act. He is an owner, rider, builder and knows his stuff. It’s funny richmond is privately owned but run more like a car dealership and Ken has a dealership background but runs it more like a small private company. If you talk to him right he might offer you 20% off on parts and accessories. Either way good luck brother.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:45 PM
06Ultraman
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

Better business bureau. They can not keep your deposit if you didn't sign a contract. Make life suck for them . Go public. As you have here. The way you buy bikes it's clear that 2k is all in a day's work. But still.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:24 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by bensonjv
I have the opportunity to upgrade. I have a 2016 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust and Electric Red Pearl. I could trade up to 2018 FLHTKSE in Burgundy Cherry Sunglo Fade <OR> Black Earth Fade.

I have had no issues with the 110". Love the bike. That said, the wife has a 2017 FLHXS with the new M8 107". She lets me ride it if I fill her tank. I like her motor. Less vibration. No coolant to deal with. Thinner primary. I am more of a classic HD guy but I'm open to new tech.

I'm an old school communicator so I like the idea of the wired headsets with the 2016. We added CB bike to bike and 7-pin adapter to her bike so we can do CB comms. On one hand we can do Sena bike to bike via BT cell phone. But we are also slave to battery life where the wired headsets run forever.

Yes, no, maybe, other considerations?

Thanks in advance for all your input.
If you have the financial ability to do it, go for it.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:51 AM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Now for the moral dilemma... I have two salesmen who may be able to work the deal for me. Should and how do I communicate to both my desire and intention?

In my search for this bike I have reached out to a couple places. I now have two dealerships potentially working to sell me a bike.

I reached out to salesman A over the weekend. He sold me a bike in the past and felt we both got a fair deal. He's going to try to put a deal together for me here.

I reached out to another dealership Monday. Let's call that salesman B. He responded by phone and would like to try to work a deal.
  • I feel like the competition may help me get a better deal overall.
  • I feel like salesman A deserves first crack at this.
  • It's possible that the salesman are going to be working the deal on the same VIN (one possesses the bike and the other is going to try to work a dealer transfer)
  • Because one dealer has the bike, they presumably have a strategic advantage.
  • I'm worried if I want the deal from salesman seeking dealer transfer that the other dealer will refuse for spite or to try to force me to buy from him.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:06 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member

All righty ladies and gentlemen,
I am officially caught up with everyone else; ready to buy but no bike available.

Dealers are leaving CVOs on website to bring you in but they don't really have them. Jokes on them because I'm not interested in that deposit crap. We swap bikes or I ride away. I WANT a 2018 but I don't NEED a 2018. 2016 110" runs fine so far and I have a few years of ESP left if it blows up. Bummed because I got excited at the prospect of new bike smell. But a few miles in the twisties and I'll get over it.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:59 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

I stated before by the time the weather gets warm the CVos are gonna be gone. Some colors hang around a little longer but in general they are selling. To be honest this is the best running stock bike I have ever had. HD did a great job.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:06 AM
mazz
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 116 Posts

2 thoughts on this thread you don't have a moral dilemma with two salesmen . Tell the truth do what you say you will do and the rest will get sorted out. One deal will be better than the other.
And tactical guy r you really gonna let that 2g lay at the dealer ship that you left it at and be happy throwing some insults on this forum and think your even. Get that two grand back now that is your money and your families money and unless there is some written notice of nonrefundable deposit you can not let this stand that is stealing and i am sure you have a receipt for that 2g Was it really green cash ?

Old 02-28-2018, 02:04 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,954 Likes on 2,351 Posts

All righty ladies and gentlemen,
I am officially caught up with everyone else; ready to buy but no bike available.

Dealers are leaving CVOs on website to bring you in but they don't really have them. Jokes on them because I'm not interested in that deposit crap. We swap bikes or I ride away. I WANT a 2018 but I don't NEED a 2018. 2016 110" runs fine so far and I have a few years of ESP left if it blows up. Bummed because I got excited at the prospect of new bike smell. But a few miles in the twisties and I'll get over it.
I have a feeling unless you get very lucky you will not be riding a 18 CVO with you not being willing to put a deposit down. I know the local dealer I work with has yet to have a CVO come in that was not sold before it got there. The have sold more than 9 touring bike CVO's so far this year. Not a one hit the floor.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:28 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member

It sounds like I might have a shot at CVO SGs. I'm doing my assessment now to see if I could set it up like I want and come in at or near where I want to with Limited.

With the limited I was adding Stage II stereo. With StreetGlide I will want to add detach tour-pak. A few other doo-dads. Maybe I've just been shopping for the wrong bike.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:03 PM
harleytacticalnut
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

It sounds like I might have a shot at CVO SGs. I'm doing my assessment now to see if I could set it up like I want and come in at or near where I want to with Limited.

With the limited I was adding Stage II stereo. With StreetGlide I will want to add detach tour-pak. A few other doo-dads. Maybe I've just been shopping for the wrong bike.
Stonewall had a gunship in stock.

Quick Reply: 2016 to 2018 FLHTKSE Upgrade - Yes or No?