Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

CVO trade in value

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 05:10 AM
RSDUDA
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default CVO trade in value

so as a first time CVO owner I am used to trading my front line bike every 2 or 3 years this is by far the best Harley Davidson I have ever owned but now most dealers are $2500 to $5000 over MSRP plus plus and the trade number on my bike is not worth trading it was an insult I had a limited and a flhxs that held there trade value a lot better then this CVO and I am sure the the dealer is not going to take in consideration the fact that they are not charging $5000 over msrp then it comes time to trade the 19's in looks like you are supposed to keep your CVO for ever ? I guess I am trying to figure out why Harleys top of the line hardest to get motorcycle depreciate the fastest

Old 09-13-2018, 05:27 AM
Back-n-Black
Road Warrior
Received 427 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by RSDUDA
I guess I am trying to figure out why Harleys top of the line hardest to get motorcycle depreciate the fastest
Because it's overpriced from the get go...

Old 09-13-2018, 06:07 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Benson's Harley has one for sale $32,400 so you know they are making juice on that number. Your much better off to get your trade value in the dead of winter after the shine wears off the new model release.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:12 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Was told by a few sales managers that "used" CVO's do not sell well. Everyone wants a new CVO. If they are going to drop that kind of coin they want new and nothing else. Besides even then a used CVO will have a higher price and you can probably get a used normal model with upgrades already done much cheaper.... I personally buy a bike if I can afford it knowing it is a terrible investment, I buy it for myself to have fun.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:31 AM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,166 Likes on 5,391 Posts

I guess I am trying to figure out why Harleys top of the line hardest to get motorcycle depreciate the fastest
The used bike market is in the toilet....has been for a while ...and shows no sign of changing.

The only people buying high dollar bikes are "empty nesters" spending their children's inheritance..and they want new.

The Harley crowd has gotten used to their bikes not depreciating as fast as other vehicles...this is no longer true.

Used pickup trucks now hold their value much better than Harleys

Old 09-13-2018, 06:48 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
The used bike market is in the toilet....has been for a while ...and shows no sign of changing.

The only people buying high dollar bikes are "empty nesters" spending their children's inheritance..and they want new.

The Harley crowd has gotten used to their bikes not depreciating as fast as other vehicles...this is no longer true.

Used pickup trucks now hold their value much better than Harleys
Yep, all true. Used pickups are crazy expensive and I just sold one of my bikes on craigslist. 2016 Fatboy S. Great bike in perfect condition. Was not a money maker and took 4 months. But the guy was super stoked so I was happy to sell it to him.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:11 AM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts

Have some patience and the prices will come down. There are also dealers that sell as MSRP and do not jack up the price. That being said, Harleys are for pleasure and definitely not an investment.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:17 AM
mazz
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 116 Posts

so as a first time CVO owner I am used to trading my front line bike every 2 or 3 years this is by far the best Harley Davidson I have ever owned but now most dealers are $2500 to $5000 over MSRP plus plus and the trade number on my bike is not worth trading it was an insult I had a limited and a flhxs that held there trade value a lot better then this CVO and I am sure the the dealer is not going to take in consideration the fact that they are not charging $5000 over msrp then it comes time to trade the 19's in looks like you are supposed to keep your CVO for ever ? I guess I am trying to figure out why Harleys top of the line hardest to get motorcycle depreciate the fastest
your single experience does not make a trend. If you have 40g to stick in a bike you are smart enough to find another dealer and not shop on the first day new models come out .

Old 09-13-2018, 11:54 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by riknbeth
.... "used" CVO's do not sell well. Everyone wants a new CVO. If they are going to drop that kind of coin they want new
....... which is fine w/me
...... i got my '16CVO w/3000 miles for what i'd'a spent on a new '18 ultra
......... there was not a 2nd thought on my part

...... looks like you are supposed to keep your CVO for ever ?
...... that's the plan.
........ unless (of course) they build a Yellow RGU/SERGU in the next couple 3 years
... ......

Old 09-13-2018, 02:07 PM
SilverStreetGlide
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

CVO’s are the WORST when you take a freshly used on for trade and escpecially at the HD dealer. And its the same old story “CVO Owners only want new CVO’s” will come out of the GM’s mouth and or salesman. At the end of the day you will have to come to terms if the 10k loss give or take is worth the trade up. I have traded and sold my CVO’s personally over the years and the 10k figure kinda seems to be the loss and oh well if you got 2-3 years of fun out her than its not that bad considering some people will spend 5-10k on vacation each year. Your only young once and hopefully healthy cause there’s a lot of former riders here who can chime on that sentence. Hope the best for you and happy riding.

Last edited by SilverStreetGlide; 09-13-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Quick Reply: CVO trade in value