Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Does CVO Manufacturing ship on time?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 06:35 PM
432Mike
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does CVO Manufacturing ship on time?

I ordered a 2019 CVO Limited and have been told ship date is 4/3/19 from my dealership. Are these dates generally pretty accurate? Sales rep says they generally are but they never know.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:34 PM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 526 Posts

Not sure this will help. My bike was built the first week of November 2018, I think on November 5th. It arrived at the dealer November 13th and I picked it up on the 17th. So from the build date to the dealer was about 1 week.
Good luck and enjoy your new bike...

The following users liked this post:
432Mike (03-31-2019)
Old 03-31-2019, 07:48 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,936 Likes on 2,344 Posts

I have had CVO's ship a week or two early, on time or a week or two late. Just depends, since 2010 they have been built on the regular production line.

432Mike (03-31-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 11:49 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

Are you actually ordering one from the factory (can you even do that) or did you buy one allocated to your dealer that has not come in yet?
I bought my 2018 Sunglo Fade CVO Limited sight unseen from my dealer in late Oct., 2017. They told me that their expected delivery date was from Feb thru June! I got them to promise to provide me a bike to ride starting May 1, if my bike was not in yet. The bike arrived the beginning of Feb so that really did not matter.
So for me the bike arrived on the early end of the spectrum.

432Mike (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 12:27 PM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

When I got mine it came a few days earlier than expected. Unless they changed things you can't "special" order one, You basically leave a deposit on a bike that is already slated to be built and shipped to your dealer.

432Mike (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 06:47 PM
432Mike
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer I had been talking to had one and sold basically within an hour of visiting with them over it. They called me to let me know that they had another bike already ordered prior to the purchase and it’s ship date was 4/3/19. I put a deposit on it so I hoping it ship 4/3 which is tomorrow. Still riding my 2012 and just ready to get the new one. The wait is driving me crazy

Old 04-02-2019, 07:53 PM
timbits588
Cruiser
Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Gotta be chomping at the bit!

Old 04-03-2019, 07:26 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by PFWiz
Are you actually ordering one from the factory (can you even do that) or did you buy one allocated to your dealer that has not come in yet?
I bought my 2018 Sunglo Fade CVO Limited sight unseen from my dealer in late Oct., 2017. They told me that their expected delivery date was from Feb thru June! I got them to promise to provide me a bike to ride starting May 1, if my bike was not in yet. The bike arrived the beginning of Feb so that really did not matter.
So for me the bike arrived on the early end of the spectrum.
You can not actually order from the factory like you can with cars or trucks. What you can do is put a deposit down on a bike that the dealer has allocated. The dealer can request additional allocations, but they do not always get them. The later in the year, the more likely a dealer can get an extra allocation.

An example would be if a dealer sold a Red Pepper CVO road glide first quarter. You can not go in and order one. Not all dealers will even get this bike. The dealers that do get this bike, will only get one. This said a dealer with four stores, might get on for 3 of his for stores. That dealer could sell all three out of one store.

Old 04-08-2019, 03:51 PM
plongson
Road Master
Received 326 Likes on 151 Posts

I've always loved CVO's and never really understood how hard they are to come-by. I also always thought they were built by one guy in a little assembly booth and a parts runner kept him/her supplied until it went out the door...Not true??

How many are produced each year ya think? What are the odds of even seeing another one like ours?

I guess I was just in the right place at the right time to grab mine...They just got one in and I was in the position of a lifetime to make a snap decision on the exact CVO I REALLY liked...NO regrets!!

Building relationships at the local HD shop with the salesman and the owner made it possible for me...Got over bluebook on my trade and below MSRP on the FLHTKSE...not too shabby.

School me on CVO production...

Old 04-08-2019, 07:30 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by plongson
I've always loved CVO's and never really understood how hard they are to come-by. I also always thought they were built by one guy in a little assembly booth and a parts runner kept him/her supplied until it went out the door...Not true??

How many are produced each year ya think? What are the odds of even seeing another one like ours?

I guess I was just in the right place at the right time to grab mine...They just got one in and I was in the position of a lifetime to make a snap decision on the exact CVO I REALLY liked...NO regrets!!

Building relationships at the local HD shop with the salesman and the owner made it possible for me...Got over bluebook on my trade and below MSRP on the FLHTKSE...not too shabby.

School me on CVO production...

CVO's were hand built on a separate line in York. There were two people who built the bike start to finish. 2009 was the last year that CVO was hand built on a separate line.

Numbers produced each year varies, when they first stated it was less then 1000 bikes. Got up to as high as 1700 or so of each color, but its on a downward trend now. They reduced production in 17, and again in 18 and again in 19.

How many you will see depends on where you are, and how many the dealers in your area sell. Dealers get CVO based on previous years sales. My local dealer moves lots of CVO bikes. Other dealers do not even get one to sell. While at Bike week in Daytona, I saw one like my Road Glide in Red Pepper, but 4 Mako Road Glides and 5 sliver ones.

The bikes with Red Pepper in the paint job, being the limited and the Road Glide will be the lowest production color this year, or so they say, 500 in this color.

Hope this helps. My 19 CVO Road Glide is my 7th CVO.

Quick Reply: Does CVO Manufacturing ship on time?