Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2016 Low rider S clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 01:29 PM
Howey88
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Low rider S clutch problems

Two broken clutch adjuster bolts.
So I’ve only had my bike for three years only having 8000 miles. Last week my bike kept trying to inch forward while at stop lights with the clutch pulled in. I noticed a lot of slop in my clutch cable so I did a full clutch adjustment inside primary and cable. After doing so I took it for a test drive. Midway through the test drive I don’t shift from 2nd to first and last all gears. I did another clutch adjustment on the side of the road and was fine to drive to my buddies. Halfway through heading to my buddies I downshifted again, and lost all gears again. I had to push the bike I half mile to my buddies.

Fast forward to yesterday, I took off the primary and the whole clutch basket, To find that the clutch adjuster bolt was seared off and had heat transfer marks. So I go to vehicle city Harley in Flint to get a new adjuster bolt. I install the new adjustable button everything up do a clutch adjustment, and fire the bike up. I pull the clutch, And there was a ton of play again. So I takeoff the derby cover to do an internal clutch adjustment the clutch adjuster bolt was loose and I figured just to try and pull it out. When I pull the clutch adjuster bolt out, I find that the same thing happened.

So my question is, Is it possible that the clutch release rod is warped due to a bad throwout bearing in the transmission side causing the adjustaber bolt to break or sear off. I plan to take apart the clutch push rod assembly, but Trying to see if anybody has had similar problems?

Old 05-19-2019, 10:24 PM
riggpigg
Club Member
Received 263 Likes on 109 Posts

This is a CVO thread.................