Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

New to me 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 06:14 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Default New to me 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra

Howdy all,
I just traded my 2011 RGU in on my dream bike last week. I had started out to take my bike into the dealership to have my engine dyno tuned. I had seen this CVO on their website for about a month and just kept telling myself that I really REALLY didn't need it.
But then when I was dropping the bike off I found out that the bike was really over at their other dealership so I couldn't look at it. Of course the sales guys were like you really need to ride one of the new Rushmore bikes and see how you like it. So I made an appointment to come back and ride a new M8 Rushmore RGU. I liked the bike but they didn't have an colors that were JUST SCREAMING at me to buy one. But every time I looked at that CVO I was just droolin. So I had the sales guy I was talkin with call the other store and have them get the CVO ready for me to come ride it also. Well I can tell you right now once I saw the CVO in person I really didn't need to ride it. I was IN LOVE...…….

So I took it out for a nice long drive both on some side streets, a state highway thru the city and then on the freeway. Of course as always seems to happen some cager almost ran me over but all in all it was a great ride. And since it was my first time riding the Rushmore packages that day I found I really liked the new bikes more than my older RGU. I am a below the knee right leg amputee so having the linked brakes was one of the features I was really liking the idea of having. My old bike was already unique as it was a one year color in Kool Blue Pearl but the paint on that CVO was really something to look at. I had done cams and exhaust on my RGU and thought I liked how my engine ran until I climbed onto that 110". I can't tell you how much I like that engine. The bike only had 6,460 miles on it when I took it for that test drive, the darn thing isn't hardly broke in yet. Now I don't have much room to talk as my RGU only had 8,900 miles on it but I haven't been able to ride for the past 4 years due to my leg.

The day I bought it at the dealership.

I've got about 400 miles of riding on it now and love it more and more each day I ride it. The weather hasn't been making it easy for me to get out and throw more miles on the bike but I am going to be adding many more soon.

Over at a buddies house this weekend installing a new stereo in his 1998 Classic.

When I bought the bike I also bought the 117" kit for the engine along with V&H Power Duals and Khrome Werks mufflers. Going to use the Super Tuner and Auto Tune module for now since I also bought a ESP for it. Also thinking this winter I might pull the heads and send them out to Fuel Motto or someone else and get them worked on a little bit.
Right now I am just adding some small items to it to make it mine and to help me ride easier with my right leg.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:11 PM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

Very nice, congrats !

Old 06-21-2019, 04:22 AM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,484 Likes on 1,238 Posts

I always liked that paint scheme. Nice bike!

Old 06-23-2019, 04:51 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,679 Likes on 822 Posts

Nice. I really like that paint. I drooled over a stock 15 CVO SG for several months. Then one day, I decided to santrip my 11 ultra limited and try to trade it in. Drove to the dealer and it wasn't there. The said they took a payment on it that morning. Sunova.... Ended up trading for a new 14 RK. They gave me 17 for my bike towards the 18 for the King, Plus it had a 2000 dollar gift card to buy heated grips, back rest and pad etc. Now... put some miles on your NEW bike..