Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

CVO no longer to be seperate operation

Old 06-26-2009, 09:13 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The CVO's I have owned I bought for the features, not where it was built, or how many Harley employees built it. Sorry, but I don't think it will make any difference in sales or quality.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:14 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tg061200
Hello, I just wanted to pass some useful info to all CVO owners out there. Since the founding of CVO many years ago the Touring and Softail models have been built in a separate building in York,PA. I am one of the lucky few who build them. Today they announced that they were no longer going to be built by a few (12 on Softail, 28 on Touring) caring and diligent workers. They are going to be intergrated onto the main assembly lines where 75 people at the least put parts on these bikes. We in CVO work in teams of 2 on Softail and 4 on Touring. These 2-4 people built the whole bike not just put a few parts on. We take pride in what we do and try to build the best bike possible and have always beleived that CVO owners really appreciated the idea that the are built this way. When we questioned them on this they stated "The people who buy CVO don't care if they are built indivdually or on the main lines" I have a hard time beleiving this. I would rather have a bike built by 2 people rather than 75 who don't care if the person before them put the right parts on. If you think the same please let your voice be heard. Send letters, email the company, Tell your local dealer to pass your dismay along. Mail letters to Harley Davidson, 1425 Eden Rd, York PA 17403 or Harley Davidson Motor Co,3800 W. Juneau Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53203. If you could please pass this along to any and all CVO owners and Owners Groups it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
The documentary I saw on discovery channel showed one person assembling one bike. When did that change? And the last time I checked there was also a CVO Dyna, at least I think that is what mine is,...Dang all this time I been posting in the Dyna section and I was in the wrong place .

Old 06-27-2009, 07:59 AM
ken b
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The original poster sounds like a guy who got his walking papers handed to him. Harley needs to save money. This is a smart move in a tough economy. I wish they could do these changes and moves without people loosing their jobs. It's a shame.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:23 PM
FXDSE2
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cvo

Wow...for the price a CVO-HD without the CVO is just another HD...Honda Dealer... jim FXDSE2

Old 09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
jpp1st
Stage I
Default Glad I got mine in '09

I'm glad i got a CVO bike while CVO still means something. It's this difference between getting a Duesenberg and getting a Cadillac. Granted the CVO isn't a Duesenberg but it's nice to have a bike that received special handling.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:26 AM
screamin 110
Cruiser

I have to ask where did they build my FXDSE2? You stated soft tail and touring but not Dyna.

And yes I am glad I have a CVO while it still is a CUSTOM VEHICLE OPERATIONS built bike. I know the guys that dont have one wont care. Sorry but its just the facts that a lot of HD guys are biased about CVO bikes. I think its just because they dont want to spend the money on them.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:09 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

I for one believe what goes around ...comes around. Are you one of the guy's that supported or participated in any of the multitude of strikes that this HD plant has suffered through (along with HD's loyal customers)? Why do you think the price of these bikes are so ridiculous compared with Japanese bikes with many of the same basic features for half the price? Harley owners have tried to be loyal "America first" buyers but there is a limit and the workers at this plant and all HD plants have pushed that limit past the breaking point.

The York, Pa. plant has gone on strike in 1969, 1991, 2007 and is currently planning a strike vote for Sept. 20 http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/business/56734807.html This has placed undo financial stress on a great American icon company forcing them to raise pricing to unheard of levels for a motorcycle. The York Plant workers have followed their auto union brethren right down the "rat hole" of making our great American products uncompetitive in terms of pricing.

I believe the York plant will be shut down and relocated to a state where workers want to work...not strike. And there's nothing that Gov. Rendell can do to prevent that from happening http://www.manufacturing.net/News-Ha...spx?menuid=274

No...I'm afraid I can't join in to help to keep the CVO line "special" so that prices can be jacked even higher by HD in order to satisfy a work force that doesn't understand when enough is too much.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:53 AM
hdhawg1340
Novice
Default sad chapter in HD history!

I've been through it all. I owned 2 AMF bikes i bought new they were both pices of crap,lots of engine problems,runs in paint.Then I was a proud owner of 2 evos. great bikes. about december of 06 I went to my dealer to look at new bikes 75,000+ miles on my 95 fxdwg with top end work that is still going strong, couldn't see spending the money since retirement is close.In JAN.07 while in vegas I saw a FSSTSSE in Kingman AZ. It stole my heart and came home and ordered one. What a bike I get complements all the time have 25,000 miles on her now, I was always proud to tell the CVO story built by two of harley best never entering assemby line etc... To all that who were involved THANKS what a killer scooter. I have only driven my work car three days since taking delivery on May 1 2007. If you think u have a bad harley bring it around and I'll SMOKE your a$$.This is a end of a great era!

Old 09-09-2009, 07:05 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see the point of having a hand built limited edition but also do not have a lot of love for the UAW or most unions I have known. They helped destroy Detroit, that's enough to convince me they ain't no good even though I have been a member and family has, too. I live in GA now and it is right to work - the way it ought to be.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:21 PM
clydedouglas
Stage III

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
tg061200

I have a 05 SEFB - Platinum/Slate, one of 1290 made.

First, I would like to thank you for your efforts in making the CVO product and the care your crew extends to the owner. The craftsmanship is second to none on my Fatboy and you guys did a great job with her. She hasn't seen a wrench or needed service since new with the exception of routine maintenance and this I do myself.

Second, I would like to think that I speak for many of us here and will say your news is heartbreaking at best. The idea of changing the "way and birth of the CVO" is a break in heritage and I grieve. With this change we can only hope you and your team efforts will be honored at the new birth place and you shall apprentice those who come after you to increase the quality of the line as a whole.

Lastly, It is unfortunate but due to the economic times even I can understand this move. I also understand that others will loose their jobs and again, I grieve. This change will most certainly effect the CVO "substance" and the future of sales if not properly over sited by the right people. Therefor I will write to HD but not to demand a change in their economic forecasting but to encourage them to use the past skills developed by the people who take honor in manufacturing and make it their own.

I wish you and yours all the best and luck in the future.

Best Regards,

Wiz
Hey have a 05 exactly like yours, trying to sell, have you heard any info on
possibel value? (lesss than 500 mi)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CVO no longer to be seperate operation