Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2001 fltrsei2 alarm goes off while riding

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 12:04 PM
fltrseimike
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 fltrsei2 alarm goes off while riding

I have a 2001 fltrsei2 and teh alarm will chirp like its engaging then chirps twice like its turning off. I even get the alarm to go off for a few seconds before it chirps and turns off the alarm. The whole time the bike is at idle or while riding. I never replaced the key fob battery and the battery in the bike is about 4 yrs old. It starts without hesitations so i dont think the battery in the bike is a problem. Any body else have this happen and what is the solution.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Fentible
Stage I

I'm having problems with my UK 2001 FXD dyna which has auto-arming. I have had it off the road for the last 4 winter months. I started noticing that the alarm wouldn't chirp on setting or when taking off storage mode. If I rocked the bike, when armed, the indicators would flash but the siren wouldn't go off. I then found that the siren would go off randomly, even in storage mode. On the ocasions when I started up, the alarm would go off whilst on tickover but would stop when I revved the engine.

I thought the random soundings might have been due to the fact I had connected the bike to a battery maintainer via a permanent coupling installed on the bike. However disconnecting it doesn't make any difference.

Is it likely that deterioration of the fob or siren battery is causing this? I had no problems with the alarm whilst using the bike regularly last year.

I know people are cagey about giving advice on alarm systems on a public forum, I'm just looking to to see if anyone has rectified the above problems by replacing the fob/siren batteries or if I have a faulty TSSS module.

Cheers

Fent

Old 07-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Tuukka
Stage I
Default same kind of alarm problem in -02 FXD

Hi,

this is propably wrong thread but previous post is so close to my problem.

I have 2002 FXD with auto-arming. I have not noticed any problems before. Bike was in open garage for one week. Alarm went off as usual, after about minute it chirped couple of times, once or twice and then finally alarm started yelling. I was able to silence it with FOB but it went on again numerous times during 60 mile ride. After ride when bike was shut off and parked, arming went on as usual it started yelling after about five minutes. Again I was able to shut it off with FOB.

We had heavy rain during that week but bike was not in direct rain. I sprayed CRC to hand controls and alarm connector. Haven't rode after that. Could it be caused by moisture? Hopefully problems has gone, no matter if it stays as a mystery.

Fentible, how your problem was solved?

Thanks,

Tuukka

Old 06-23-2015, 01:22 PM
cpoland
Stage II
Default Siren Chirping while bike is off

Originally Posted by Fentible
I'm having problems with my UK 2001 FXD dyna which has auto-arming. I have had it off the road for the last 4 winter months. I started noticing that the alarm wouldn't chirp on setting or when taking off storage mode. If I rocked the bike, when armed, the indicators would flash but the siren wouldn't go off. I then found that the siren would go off randomly, even in storage mode. On the ocasions when I started up, the alarm would go off whilst on tickover but would stop when I revved the engine.

I thought the random soundings might have been due to the fact I had connected the bike to a battery maintainer via a permanent coupling installed on the bike. However disconnecting it doesn't make any difference.

Is it likely that deterioration of the fob or siren battery is causing this? I had no problems with the alarm whilst using the bike regularly last year.

I know people are cagey about giving advice on alarm systems on a public forum, I'm just looking to to see if anyone has rectified the above problems by replacing the fob/siren batteries or if I have a faulty TSSS module.

Cheers

Fent

Hello Fent,

My 02 Heritage is doing the exact same thing as your bike. I've changed the fob battery and also the siren battery with no luck. When I plug the siren back in, it just continues to chirp and make different noises. I'm not sure if the siren is good anymore or if something needs to be reconnected in the system (married). What did you do to fix your bike.
Thanks

Old 06-23-2015, 04:20 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

5 year old thread Dude!