Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

110 stage-3

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:45 AM
dave51
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110 stage-3

Anyone running se stage3 kit in there 110. If so what's your numbers and do you like the kit. Thanks

Old 10-14-2013, 03:58 PM
captainron62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dave51
Anyone running se stage3 kit in there 110. If so what's your numbers and do you like the kit. Thanks

A guy I ride with has it. He says it has almost made the bike "unstreetable", his word. He says its all high end and he only uses it when passing cars He said bike is hot as hell and he is thinking about putting it back to stock. Hes a pretty straight up guy, not some nut that is just talking to talk. It was enough to stop me from thinking about it any further.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:48 PM
dave51
Intermediate

Originally Posted by captainron62
A guy I ride with has it. He says it has almost made the bike "unstreetable", his word. He says its all high end and he only uses it when passing cars He said bike is hot as hell and he is thinking about putting it back to stock. Hes a pretty straight up guy, not some nut that is just talking to talk. It was enough to stop me from thinking about it any further.
Well that's good to know. My wrench wants to just do the 259e cams and stay with stock pistons to keep heat down and go with 58 throttle body instead?? He thinks it's will be a good combo. I want the mid to high torque curve coming from a 103 stage 4 thanks for you reply

Old 10-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Dave Grayson
Intermediate
Default Cooling a Hot 110

I have a stock CVO ultra and after 9,000 miles of cooking my right leg, I replaced my exhaust system with true duals. Getting rid of the CAT made all the difference in the world. Sounds good too!

Old 10-21-2013, 06:51 PM
FXDFan
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure what is all in the stage 3 kit, but I recently installed MVA heads, 259e, SE 10.5 pistons etc. tunes with their (crap can't quite remember) SEST or SERT.
Anyways, I'm a big fan of the way it runs.

Ya the cams move the tq to the right somewhat, but that's where I ride anyways, so that's why I chose that combo. Starts pulling about 2700, and pulls pretty decently through to 58-5900.

Unstreetable? Not even close, she's a pussycat in town, and has some growl on the highway. Did a 3,400 km trip a few days after install, ran like a champ.
We have 35*c+ weather here, and heat was never a problem...

Only complaint I have with it is it's not as fast as my car, nothing an S&S 124 won't cure!!

Old 10-23-2013, 04:53 AM
dave51
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FXDFan
Not sure what is all in the stage 3 kit, but I recently installed MVA heads, 259e, SE 10.5 pistons etc. tunes with their (crap can't quite remember) SEST or SERT.
Anyways, I'm a big fan of the way it runs.

Ya the cams move the tq to the right somewhat, but that's where I ride anyways, so that's why I chose that combo. Starts pulling about 2700, and pulls pretty decently through to 58-5900.

Unstreetable? Not even close, she's a pussycat in town, and has some growl on the highway. Did a 3,400 km trip a few days after install, ran like a champ.
We have 35*c+ weather here, and heat was never a problem...

Only complaint I have with it is it's not as fast as my car, nothing an S&S 124 won't cure!!
What are your tq and hp numbers and what exhaust and intake are you running

Old 10-23-2013, 12:16 PM
FXDFan
Tourer

Stock heavy breather intake, and V&H power duals header with their HO slips.

As to #'s, it's a long story. Last winter I built my Street Glide up with woods yw8-6 cams, Fm level B heads, matching pistons and jugs all prepped (except for heads) by Scott at Hillside.

Tuning was done by Russ @ Lonewolf Perf on Vancouver Island. A well respected name in the business in my area of the country.
Those #'s came back at 113/118. Two weeks after that run at Russ', I did a power run here at my dealer for chits and giggles. It made 97/99. Point being is in the time before and since I've raced plenty of documented 100 hp HD's, and waxed em all, so I tend to lean more to the results from Russ vs. my dealers results.

Now all that being said, my local dealer gave me a great buy on the parts/work for my RG. Once they were done with that, it tallied up to 103.8/113.7

Having sold my SG to my brother, we have lined em up, and as expected, I can take him down, leading me to believe that yes indeed it's a significant upgrade vs. stock.

Kind of a convoluted way of saying I like it and it runs well I guess.
Another reason ( I know, bit of a windbag) I tend to think the #'s from Lonewolf are more applicable, is I had the SG on the dyno at a different HD dealer. With 555 cams, stock heads/pistons, V&H HO Propipe, PM intake and a flash on the PC-V from FM, it made 102/106. Once I did the winter mods to it listed above, it most definitely was stronger, and the jump from 102/106 to 113/118 seemed like a believable increase for the parts added.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:33 PM
dave51
Intermediate

Thanks for your response, my 09 streetglide was a 103 stage 4 with 118 hp and 115 tq. Very hard running bike from 2500 rpm right to 6200, tons of fun to ride and ran very cool with no heat issues. Now I have a 11 cvo street glide and the 110 stock is a kinda a slug after leaving the 103. I love the 259e cams and the stock 110 heads flow pretty good so I am going to add the 58mm throttle body and big injectors with the 259e cams but keep the stock pistons with a heavy breather intake and fuel moto's xxxhead pipe and 4" jackpot mufflers and 2" com baffles and tune with a screaming eagle pro tuner. Hoping to see around 112-115 hp/tq. The stage3 kit claims 114hp 110tq, the only difference is I will keep stock pistons where the kit is 10.5 pistons and the kit stays with stock 50 throttle body and I will go with the 58mm with big injectors. Can't wait to see how this build turns out. If this doesn't make me smile I will start saving my penny's for a 120r

Old 10-23-2013, 09:22 PM
FXDFan
Tourer

Honestly I'd think you're better off spending the $$ on the pistons to get your compression right for them cams vs. the throttle body and injectors.
The stock injectors on my hotrod 103 never even got close to running out of duty cycle, and if I haven't drank from too many aluminum (read: beer) cans, they are the same nozzles in the 110.

That and a 50mm TB has plenty of airflow, my numbers were all reached with the stock TB. I have to think, and there's every chance I'm wrong, but having your compression matched to your cams is a better use of limited funds.

Once it gets done with the proper parts and pieces, it's a gas. MUCH better than stock. That being said, my cousin installed an S&S 124" in his SG and, well ya, there's no comparison lol. Now HE'S got a bagger that's almost as fast as my car hahaha. rrrriiing rrrriiing hello S&S ?

Old 11-20-2013, 01:00 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Stage lll Engine Modifications:
Sach's Polished & Ported Heads, TTS MasterTune, T-Man 625 Cams, Adjustable Push Rods, Full Sac 2" Baffles and X-pipe, SE 10.5: 1 Forged Pistons, Titanium Valves, Dyno tuned @ 110HP 120 TQ. $3,800 + $850 for re tune by Doc Weaver and tuner = $4,650

Quick Reply: 110 stage-3