Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

Python Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Midlife Rider44
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Python Exhaust

Looking for some shovel exhaust advice. Searched and only came up with a few hits. I've got a '75 shovel in a '52 rigid frame. Kick and electric start. The exhaust that's on it is "home made" by someone else (true dual exhaust), but I've got an opportunity to buy a new, still in-box set of Pythons (see picture of box). If I can get these at a good price, are they worth it from a quality and performance perspective? I know its a long-shot, but does anyone happen to have a picture of their bike with these on it?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Python Exhaust-img_2857.jpg  
Old 03-12-2017, 10:18 PM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 2,867 Posts

Originally Posted by Midlife Rider44
Looking for some shovel exhaust advice. Searched and only came up with a few hits. I've got a '75 shovel in a '52 rigid frame. Kick and electric start. The exhaust that's on it is "home made" by someone else (true dual exhaust), but I've got an opportunity to buy a new, still in-box set of Pythons (see picture of box). If I can get these at a good price, are they worth it from a quality and performance perspective? I know its a long-shot, but does anyone happen to have a picture of their bike with these on it?

Thanks in advance.
hahahaahahah - pythons wow thats a blast from the past - in my shop at that time late 80s early 90s they were the cats a$$ we put them on everything

having said that todays bid dollar stuff might be better, but if i wanted duels and that bike you have, at a good price its a do it for me

only neg is the chrome burned to death on them and no shields would be available today

Old 03-12-2017, 10:57 PM
Hurricane 68
Road Captain
Received 112 Likes on 95 Posts
Default check on Paughos made in Minden Nv.

Thanks in advance.
Picture mine 51 frame rigid with vintage upsweep fish tails. The still make some varieties of theses not like mine but others for shovels and older. Wild Bill. Ps mine also 75 shovel

hard to tell picture box and looking up older pythons rear pipe might not clear kicker and trans only way can you try them on test fit. If not I'd look for sure thing.

Attached Thumbnails Python Exhaust-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Hurricane 68; 03-12-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:22 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,792 Likes on 3,303 Posts

Can you post a better pic. I also have an old set of Python III's. For an Evo and I will tell you that they performed very well.. still have them and will never get rid of them. They also sound awesome. The way a Harley should...

CHRISTMAS 2010 912

Old 03-13-2017, 12:25 PM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 2,867 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane 68
Picture mine 51 frame rigid with vintage upsweep fish tails. The still make some varieties of theses not like mine but others for shovels and older. Wild Bill. Ps mine also 75 shovel

hard to tell picture box and looking up older pythons rear pipe might not clear kicker and trans only way can you try them on test fit. If not I'd look for sure thing.
i did not say anything because he already has the step out kicker and it should clear that set up

Old 03-13-2017, 03:04 PM
Midlife Rider44
Advanced

So I picked them up for under $100. Here they are sitting next to the bike. I'm pretty close to disassembling the bike for paint. At that point I can take off the exhaust that's on there and see what they look like.

Attached Thumbnails Python Exhaust-img_2860.jpg  
Old 03-13-2017, 04:32 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice, Your gonna like them.... Great investment and well worth 100 bucks.....

Old 03-13-2017, 04:43 PM
Midlife Rider44
Advanced

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
Nice, Your gonna like them.... Great investment and well worth 100 bucks.....
Hope they look as good on my bike as they look on yours. Definitely looking forward to hearing how they sound!

The following users liked this post:
98hotrodfatboy (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 05:47 PM
Hurricane 68
Road Captain
Received 112 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Nice score

So I picked them up for under $100. Here they are sitting next to the bike. I'm pretty close to disassembling the bike for paint. At that point I can take off the exhaust that's on there and see what they look like.
nice score Hell I would have bought them just for decoration at that price. Wild Bill

Attached Thumbnails Python Exhaust-image.jpeg  
Old 03-13-2017, 06:18 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

They really are a good performing pipe. Here are the 2 dyno sheets and the only difference was the pipe. I made a minor adjustment because the correction factor on the pythons was at .99 when the RB pipes were at 1.00 or Actual....

Quick Reply: Python Exhaust