Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

1980 fxe upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 10:23 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,785 Likes on 18,560 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Peoples
Lol thanx again not looking for a bike to run 160 around town for 2-3 hours iv got a faster bike to hot rod on so go on and laugh at the the stupid a** that don't know about bikes that were built around the same time he was born take your old a** in your shop and get off the internet that's for us younger folk
We all don't know or have the answers to everything, however twiZted has more experience here than you can imagine ... Lose the attitude and listen to his advice. You will come out way ahead.

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Larry:
FLHS1990 (10-22-2023), perki48 (06-20-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 10:28 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,099 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
We all don't know or have the answers to everything, however twiZted has more experience here than you can imagine ... Lose the attitude and listen to his advice. You will come out way ahead.
If he will not listen to Twizted it is a waste of time for anyone else to try and help/educate him.

The following users liked this post:
FLHS1990 (10-22-2023)
Old 06-21-2017, 06:45 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,429 Likes on 4,130 Posts

I think he just crossed the Dick county line.

V_twins (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 07:11 AM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,536 Likes on 2,872 Posts

you always fine one - they float in the I know better and only ask questions so they can tell you what they really don't know

maybe if you really need help you should start over - this forum is about the best place for correct and informative guys, who by the way been doing this more then two weeks like the other sites

show some respect - you are the FNG

V_twins (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Matthew Peoples
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=johnjzjz;16358507]you always fine one - they float in the I know better and only ask questions so they can tell you what they really don't know

maybe if you real ly need help you should start over - this forum is about the best place for correct and informative guys, who by the way been doing this more then two weeks like the other sites

show some respect - you are the

ok guys I get it NONE of you can tell me how to up grade my 1980 fxe the tittle to thread is 1980 fxe upgrades im ASKING what others have done to there old SHOVELHEAD to upgrade it lmao I GUESS that to much to ask for as far as digging a hole im not digging im looking for answers of what some people have done to there bikes and as far as respect im very respectful to people who deserve it not people who laugh and point fingers at the dumb ads who don't know anything so again a bunch of non uninformative Information as I stated before im not looking for opinions just helpful Info on what kind of upgrades people are doing sounds simple to me y'all act like im ASKING how to build a 200 mph Sportster out of an 883 and twisted might now a lot more than me that's fine but tibtry and bully and Moke me dose not show respect to me so yea I'm going to stand for what i Believe and I can't stand a bully don't get upset if your post dose not answer my question you people are full of nothing but opinion not insite

Old 06-21-2017, 12:44 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,099 Likes on 1,913 Posts

[QUOTE=Matthew Peoples;16359575]
Originally Posted by johnjzjz
you always fine one - they float in the I know better and only ask questions so they can tell you what they really don't know

maybe if you real ly need help you should start over - this forum is about the best place for correct and informative guys, who by the way been doing this more then two weeks like the other sites

show some respect - you are the

ok guys I get it NONE of you can tell me how to up grade my 1980 fxe the tittle to thread is 1980 fxe upgrades im ASKING what others have done to there old SHOVELHEAD to upgrade it lmao I GUESS that to much to ask for as far as digging a hole im not digging im looking for answers of what some people have done to there bikes and as far as respect im very respectful to people who deserve it not people who laugh and point fingers at the dumb ads who don't know anything so again a bunch of non uninformative Information as I stated before im not looking for opinions just helpful Info on what kind of upgrades people are doing sounds simple to me y'all act like im ASKING how to build a 200 mph Sportster out of an 883 and twisted might now a lot more than me that's fine but tibtry and bully and Moke me dose not show respect to me so yea I'm going to stand for what i Believe and I can't stand a bully don't get upset if your post dose not answer my question you people are full of nothing but opinion not insite
I know the internet is for young guys. (according to your statement) and that may be so. Because it is obvious that they can not communicate with any attention being paid to punctuation or proper grammar...............Have a nice day.

V_twins (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 12:56 PM
Matthew Peoples
Advanced

[QUOTE=perki48;16359755]

I know the internet is for young guys. (according to your statement) and that may be so. Because it is obvious that they can not communicate with any attention being paid to punctuation or proper grammar...............Have a nice day.
and again nothing informative I did not know I entered a spelling bee lol im from Texas buddy no proper grammar around these parts the only reason I made that statement was because he made it a point to let me know that he has been doing this way longer than I have which is fine that is why I got on here to get informative information but none of you are giving me that the only informative information I have gotten was how much money is going to cost how much work it's going to take and it still going to vibrate which is really good to know another guy gave me the Chop Cult website which also was helpful he also recommended the 24 44 gear change also informative now I am getting a whole bunch of messages about how disrespectful I am how stupid I am how pointless I am and all this other stupid stuff I really don't care if you're smarter than me I really don't care if you've been riding bikes longer than me I really don't care about your opinion however I do appreciate any informative info that helps

Old 06-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Matthew Peoples
Advanced

[QUOTE=perki48;16359755]

also im not one of these internet thugs that gets on the internet all day just to talk garbage to people or any of that unnecessary stuff I only get on here when I want to learn something buy something or play a game now and then as far as physically speaking to somebody that's what I do for a living I communicate with people day in and day out and I have no issues with that as every one of my surveys from my customers give me great ratings on respect not only to them as people but also respect to their home as I work on there home

Old 06-21-2017, 04:34 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,785 Likes on 18,560 Posts

[QUOTE=Matthew Peoples;16359795]
Originally Posted by perki48
also im not one of these internet thugs that gets on the internet all day just to talk garbage to people or any of that unnecessary stuff I only get on here when I want to learn something buy something or play a game now and then as far as physically speaking to somebody that's what I do for a living I communicate with people day in and day out and I have no issues with that as every one of my surveys from my customers give me great ratings on respect not only to them as people but also respect to their home as I work on there home
You'd better be careful or you're going to wear out your horn. Maybe you should buy yourself a medal and a certificate to hang on your wall ??

Old 06-21-2017, 04:38 PM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 880 Posts

maybe I can lay it out for you - you asked how to make a 1200 shovelhead cruise comfortably at 85-90 mph. the first four answers you got were essentially, you can't. then you pushed a little harder and hotrodfatboy gave you an outline of what it would take. you were put off by the cost of doing the impossible, cried foul, and then started calling names. see our point?

the smart guys on this forum will help you make that bike a runner, but you need to keep your expectations reasonable. you don't buy a shovelhead and expect modern performance. unless you are willing to pay the price like many here have done.

ps you mentioned your uncle doing 120. giving him the benefit of the doubt, he may possibly have had an 81FXR which is a totally different machine than you have. 80cu in and a 5-speed to start.

pps you also mentioned an 883, but realize you have a motor the same size as a 1200 sportster but with old fashioned heads, one cam, and four speeds...

Last edited by Joe12RK; 06-21-2017 at 04:57 PM.
perki48 (06-21-2017)

Quick Reply: 1980 fxe upgrades