Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

77 crusty shovel home

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 06:59 AM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,535 Likes on 2,872 Posts

Originally Posted by hellonewman
Im glad the 62 is 12V because of all of the above! Im just not sure if I should have the glow lights changing color to the music or set on random. Thoughts?

well if you put the setting on when the tech cycle electric start is operating to full blast radio and set the glow lights to police blinking no one will realize you have the electric start accessory as well

The following users liked this post:
hellonewman (05-22-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 09:21 AM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by johnjzjz
keihin with the removal plug for the idle mix - they sucked then and today they have not un sucked at all

having said that I have a good one on my 76 it spits on cold days only for the first couple minuets - did swap it out to a Bendix and an S&S - the S&S hands down best in handlebar feel and let it go faster with out feeling it was being stressed BUT >>>>>

they really like a CV some guys have gone over Niagara falls in a drum with mods but they respond to some light kitting like the kinsler kit and a turbulater in the intake
Pretty surprised on how good it does run with a pile of junk parts I made a functioning Keihin .... of coarse PO....didn’t even have a bracket to hold carb up...massive air leak out of intake seals...fixed in a few moments. Shiney stuff around here all the time . Pushed that old black turd out side I think the while neighborhood stopped to look at it.....made me laugh and revisit this post. Thanks again for what u help with here.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:57 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,900 Likes on 17,471 Posts

I got a 5gal bucket full of odd hashed Keihins around here somewhere, haven't thought about those in years.

Old 05-27-2019, 09:16 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I got a 5gal bucket full of odd hashed Keihins around here somewhere, haven't thought about those in years.
I know.....I always got them to work.Not great but they ran. My pile of parts probably came off mostly iron heads. But didn’t realize that’s what came on the 82 till John told me. I just didn’t want to spend one dime on it till I Heard it run......
Think I remember using 165 main so that’s what I used. See what happens. Shop full again and the grey 77 has to go now. No room

Old 05-27-2019, 10:12 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,900 Likes on 17,471 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
I know.....I always got them to work.Not great but they ran. My pile of parts probably came off mostly iron heads. But didn’t realize that’s what came on the 82 till John told me. I just didn’t want to spend one dime on it till I Heard it run......
Think I remember using 165 main so that’s what I used. See what happens. Shop full again and the grey 77 has to go now. No room
It's probably siting next to that crate full old S&S super B's up in the garage attic.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:05 AM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
It's probably siting next to that crate full old S&S super B's up in the garage attic.
Pretty sure they are mostly gone ....when I went oval racing lots of the ole stuff went bye bye....lol

Old 06-10-2019, 08:10 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Well got motivated last night and tossed the ole 77 on the lift. Upped the jets 2 steps. Cleaned up plugs . Set timing. Fixed a couple small things. Noticed when I was changing intake it’s got a bit of head work...so port matched intake. Rode it this afternoon .......think it’s had a bit more engine work than I was told. But don’t think it was ever set up. Every thing I took apart was new...but not assembled correctly.... This thing is a little street racer...not had one this quick in a long long time. Unfortunately it’s now advertised for sale. Need to put a driveway in . Really don’t need 5-6 bikes. Fun bike for the day....just the timing woke it up big....
oh and it’s John fault.....he planted the FLH SEED.....ESPECIALLY WHEN ONE WAS SITTING ON MY OTHER LIFT....BASTARD...

Last edited by Bumpandrun; 06-10-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:44 PM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,535 Likes on 2,872 Posts

ah NO you just knew you needed to put your Big Boy pants on is all

The following users liked this post:
Bumpandrun (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 09:58 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by johnjzjz
ah NO you just knew you needed to put your Big Boy pants on is all
I wanted one light weight bike Incase my ole beat up 65 year old body couldnt shove one of these other600- 1000 lbs bikes I own into a corner hard anymore .....getting ole sucks. Lol. Probably good idea I don’t keep,this one ...looked at the baby bottle nitrous kit sitting on my desk...broken parts everyplace or maybe only me.. kinda liking the 82 more everyday .
and all,kidding aside we all appreciate your help....

Old 06-27-2019, 12:09 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member

Well i tossed it in the ole for sale papers....i guess ill let go of it.... if i get the 5 k for it ill paint the black bike.... this one is fun....but gonna get in trouble if i dont sell or register it pretty soon.....good night time bike. Lol. But 82 has better manners and a lot quieter....lmao

Quick Reply: 77 crusty shovel home