Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodbye to the Sportie

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:23 PM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Crispy Nubbins
I can tell the ABS will be loved if ever needed. Those first few stops were different but I've gotten used to it now.
I have ridden bikes with ABS since the 90's (BMW,Triump). Outside of not skidding in a straight line panic stop, there really should be no way you encounter any different feel or performance in your braking. You should not really even know you have ABS brakes unless you panic stop and the wheels don't lock up.

What is different about your new bikes braking that you think is due to ABS?

Old 07-05-2016, 08:27 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,119 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Grats

Old 07-06-2016, 05:25 PM
artc
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just Demo rode one over the weekend. See if they will throw in a extra rear tire.....

Old 07-06-2016, 09:10 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by artc
Just Demo rode one over the weekend. See if they will throw in a extra rear tire.....
Or buy from a participating dealer offering this special. I replace my rear tire every oil change. Free tires would be awesome!

photo hosting sites

Old 07-07-2016, 06:46 AM
gd59
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Traded my 01 sporty in for 15 slim last year Loved my sporty but need a little more power to haul my big butt around. No regrets but wish I could have kept in garage hope whoever has it is enjoying it as much as I did.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:43 AM
saddleupmc
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
Not true at all. You get what you whip out your wallet and pay for. The bike is not some kinda unicorn. You can put stock steet bob spokes (already set up for duals) on there with no problem. You'd just need two front rotors since the stock rotors a spoke mounted on the poo brown paint standard low rider wheels. The option is just not on the site, I'm sure the dealer would do it for you.

Please dont post "opinion" and "misinformation" as wide brush "facts"
Dude, do you know what option means as it relates to a new vehicle purchase? For eff sake!

Old 07-07-2016, 11:21 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,196 Likes on 1,682 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by saddleupmc
Dude, do you know what option means as it relates to a new vehicle purchase? For eff sake!
yeah, i do. that's why i said what i said the way i said. for eff sake, lol. don't get mad at me because to take what they put in front of you or go for what you see on the website. i live in sucker free land- your wallet is your options list.

Not true at all. ...[snip]... The option is just not on the site, I'm sure the dealer would do it for you.

Please dont post "opinion" and "misinformation" as wide brush "facts"
if you walk into McDonald's and order a double cheese burger with lettuce, tomato, bacon, etc... (non-menu item) will they make it or tell you to leave? yes, they will make it but, you will pay for the upgraded burger.

been there, done that... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-m-stupid.html
they offered to "make it", i just needed to open my "options list" wide.

Last edited by cvaria; 07-07-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,696 Likes on 949 Posts

if you walk into McDonald's and order a double cheese burger with lettuce, tomato, bacon, etc... (non-menu item) will they make it or tell you to leave? yes, they will make it but, you will pay for the upgraded burger.
Yeah, but if I order a Big Breakfast with Hotcakes, and I say I don't want the hash brown and the biscuit, they still charge me for it.
It's just wrong man.

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (07-07-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 02:12 PM
Crispy Nubbins
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There aren't any factory "options" for a FXLRS. This is the only color wheel option available. Anything different is customization, not options. The CVO Pro Street S is the Softail version & has 2 color options & is a sweet bike but out of my price range. The LRS will outrun it due to weight advantage.

The ABS works all the time, not just for emergency panic evasive stops. You can hear it when you apply the brakes. I've gotten used to it now & it's natural. Just the first day or so was weird. They even told me when I went on the test drive to make a few stops before I hit going just to see how it felt.

The extra 800+cc's & 6th gear is a definite plus. She's starting to lean & grind some peg action now I've gotten a little more used to her. Got to get some pipes & a tune for sure. To quiet & I know there is more power that the factory programming is holding back. I do miss my sporty & wish I could have both. But this one shall stay for a while I do believe.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:47 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,196 Likes on 1,682 Posts

Originally Posted by Crispy Nubbins
There aren't any factory "options" for a FXLRS. ....
i'm tapping out... i see minds are closed

Quick Reply: Goodbye to the Sportie