Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Fuel Tank lift???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 04:01 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

In my opinion, the Deluxe option is the only way, you get extra clearance to the rear rocker box that way. You can tell the difference in the pictures Fearless posted.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:21 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Default As stated

Yes the deluxe seems to help a great deal winds is so easily changed by small adjustments. with the deluxe spacers in back. you can even add washers to adjust for your own tastes.
Originally Posted by ncdeekay
You're probably right Fearless though despite all the indications of ease of installation I gotta tell you I have the mechanical dexterity of a snowman ⛄️ I'm thinking I should get the deluxe option to raise the rear of the tank also right?

The following users liked this post:
ncdeekay (08-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 09:22 AM
IllinoisCheesehead
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fearless (old nickname)

Hey Fearless, what's that plastic deflector you have in front of your tank, at the top of your crash bar, between the lowers? Is it a baffle to help with the wind coming up over the tank? Is it an HD part or aftermarket?

Old 08-10-2016, 09:24 AM
NHBAGGER
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Not plastic, it is a 2 piece metal deflector from DK Custom.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:26 AM
IllinoisCheesehead
Novice

Originally Posted by NHBAGGER
Not plastic, it is a 2 piece metal deflector from DK Custom.
Cool. Looked like grey ABS plastic in the photo. Thanks for the info! Looks like my DK shopping list is growing -- tank lift, trike lift, tour pack relocator, and now the deflector wings. Maybe I can get a package deal! :-)

Old 08-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Default Not plastic metal

recently purchased from DK Customs really works nice cooler engine temps also deflects more wind away from rider check out the web site. I like'm low cost very effective good bang for buck. ride safely fearless
Originally Posted by IllinoisCheesehead
Hey Fearless, what's that plastic deflector you have in front of your tank, at the top of your crash bar, between the lowers? Is it a baffle to help with the wind coming up over the tank? Is it an HD part or aftermarket?

The following users liked this post:
IllinoisCheesehead (08-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 09:15 PM
IllinoisCheesehead
Novice

Fearless, thanks for posting all those pics! Do you notice those deflectors moving around at all at highway speeds? Looks like the ends come real close to the sides of the lowers. Assuming not close enough to rub.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Default close

They are tight Kevin has changed design since I purchased mine to fit with the dragon fly vents look his sight over DK Customs and if you have questions his people are very helpful. They don't move much if at all. ride safely fearless

Originally Posted by IllinoisCheesehead
Fearless, thanks for posting all those pics! Do you notice those deflectors moving around at all at highway speeds? Looks like the ends come real close to the sides of the lowers. Assuming not close enough to rub.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:21 PM
mgb1
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Does installing a tank lift kit have any adverse fitment for the front of the seat. Seems that the front tip of the seat would be pushed up a lot more. If it does raise the front of the seat, does the seat still rest on the frame as it should? Thanks

Old 08-19-2016, 03:38 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

If you go with the Deluxe that also lifts the rear of the tank, yes it will raise the front tip of the seat a bit. The saddle is plastic and flexes up. So the seat will still rest as it should. I have a Road Zeppelin seat and it is hardly noticeable. With the stock seat it was a little more noticeable but not uncomfortable. I actually like it as it kept me from sliding forward.

Quick Reply: Fuel Tank lift???