Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 04:36 PM
Axis39
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by BikerPepe`
D.M.S.O. took mine away on 2 different occasions. You can usually find a roll-on applicator at your local Farm & Feed store. My Dad was a horse trainer and jockey for many years. Broke nearly every bone in his body before he retired and without D.M.S.O., he'd likely be stuck in a wheelchair by now.
I'll give it a shot!

I've been using various forms of Arnica on my back for a few years with good results... My wife and I found some CBD Oil that works really well. But, I've never really tried any of them on my wrist.

It's kind of a bummer, the current angle of my handlebars, is relatively comfortable. But, I lean forward a touch and end up slouching. A couple of times heading home today, the first fingers on my right hand went numb. Had to find some downhill coasts to pull in the clutch and dangle my hand for a few... I was tyring to work on keeping an angle in my wrist as well.

I also ordered a second matching top clamp for my Slim today, so i can try to mill the bolt holes a little oblong so they match up to the Deluxe style pullback risers... Hoping this helps some too!

The following users liked this post:
BikerPepe` (05-18-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 09:59 PM
RoadTrippin'
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I put a Reckless Fairing on my '13 Heritage with a Speaker and amp set up. I really enjoy it, but to be honest, I kinda miss my clear shield on there.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:41 PM
Cxmoney
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff012FLHX
Cxmoney....
Nice up sweep fish tails....
Where did ya get'm.
Thank you!

And believe it or not, I got them from amazon! Cheapest place I could find them

Old 05-18-2017, 12:40 AM
Otter
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Took delivery this afternoon of my brand new Slim S. Just came in from the garage. Installed: Bassani Pro-streets, PM Super Gas a/c, Kury servo cover, Thundermax, derby and timer, headwinds H4 LED, Headwinds grille, radiantz LED signals, bowman sissybar, avon grips, joker mirrors, peeled the reflectors, I think thats about it for today

Old 05-18-2017, 12:50 AM
tbplayer
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Removed the SE Ventilator, sprayed out the throttle body, and installed the DK Customs 606 with external breather system/catch can.

And I seriously think the bike just sounds happier now! Probably my imagination though.

DK Custom (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 01:41 AM
BikerPepe`
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,874 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Axis39
I'll give it a shot!
glad to hear it. hope it works out as well for you as it has for me.

Originally Posted by Axis39
It's kind of a bummer, the current angle of my handlebars, is relatively comfortable. But, I lean forward a touch and end up slouching. A couple of times heading home today, the first fingers on my right hand went numb. Had to find some downhill coasts to pull in the clutch and dangle my hand for a few... I was tyring to work on keeping an angle in my wrist as well.
sounds familiar. I've been very happy with my wild1 inc., mini-apes. combined with the back rest, I've found myself much happier on the long hauls.

you guys have some beautiful bikes. makes me pine for the days when I had cash to spare on the pretty stuff.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:33 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,976 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by tbplayer
Removed the SE Ventilator, sprayed out the throttle body, and installed the DK Customs 606 with external breather system/catch can.

And I seriously think the bike just sounds happier now! Probably my imagination though.
Cleaned up sensors in the TB, plus only clean, oxygen rich, air going into the combustion chambers...instead of hot, oily, oxygen depleted air...makes sense that it sounds happier, and will run a bit stronger.

Get YOUR Fathers Day Gift HERE

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-18-2017, 04:49 AM
PurpleShark
Cruiser
Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by tbplayer
Removed the SE Ventilator, sprayed out the throttle body, ...
"Sprayed out the throttle body", What's that?

Just cleaning mine & fitting an external breather, but inside the throttle is very coated in engine oil.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:36 AM
Axis39
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Otter
Took delivery this afternoon of my brand new Slim S. Just came in from the garage. Installed: Bassani Pro-streets, PM Super Gas a/c, Kury servo cover, Thundermax, derby and timer, headwinds H4 LED, Headwinds grille, radiantz LED signals, bowman sissybar, avon grips, joker mirrors, peeled the reflectors, I think thats about it for today

Nice bike Otter.

I do like those Pro Streets. I have Radial Sweepers on mine (they came on the bike). I have been contemplating swapping them out. How do you like the Pro Streets? Are they nice and loud?

Otter (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 05:44 AM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Otter

Nice ride Other. Love the sound of them pro streets

Otter (05-18-2017)

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?