Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Canadian Rockies

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 09:54 PM
tfi racing
Road Master
Received 401 Likes on 199 Posts

Welcome to BC,have a great ride and be safe.This is the height of tourist season,from all all I have seen,it looks like another record breaking year for tourists,and also sadly,many people are displaced from wildfires so motel space can be hard to find,may be a good idea to check ahead and secure a room for your next stop.

Old 07-30-2017, 06:46 AM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Thank you for that advice, I usually book one day ahead without any difficulty, I just had to plan ahead a little further out so it all is working just fine.
We are in Revy now, came north out of Creston yesterday to Kaslow, New Denver and Nakusp, what a beautiful ride, a little busy north of Creston but the traffic sorted out the further we went and it was a beautiful ride, can't thank Canadian Rocky enough for the advice on the route!

Waiting for the ferry.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:38 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,588 Likes on 9,106 Posts

Originally Posted by jdw1
Thank you for that advice, I usually book one day ahead without any difficulty, I just had to plan ahead a little further out so it all is working just fine.
We are in Revy now, came north out of Creston yesterday to Kaslow, New Denver and Nakusp, what a beautiful ride, a little busy north of Creston but the traffic sorted out the further we went and it was a beautiful ride, can't thank Canadian Rocky enough for the advice on the route!

Waiting for the ferry.
First on, first off.. can't beat that with a stick. Back in the day I use to sit in that line up at 6:30 am in the middle of winter when I was running line-haul between Cranny and Castlegar with A-trains when the Pass was closed . I was NOT smiling like that......

Old 07-30-2017, 07:43 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

I am glad you enjoyed the route. A good friend "fell" on his bike on the route between Kaslo & New Denver last year. There is a cross on the road where it happened. I am going to go visit this year .... he was one of the finest men I have ever met.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:06 AM
jdw1
Road Captain

This was yesterday along the Kaslo River.

I remember you telling me about the "White Cross", but with every thing on my mind about the trip I kinda forgot about it, but, I actually do remember seeing a white cross yesterday. I wish I'd remembered I would have stopped for sure!

Old 07-30-2017, 08:00 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

What's your route plan now?

Old 07-30-2017, 08:43 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

You inspired me, i follow in your great foot steps on Saturday....doing the same route.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:59 PM
jdw1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
You inspired me, i follow in your great foot steps on Saturday....doing the same route.
Your talking about next weekend correct?

Revy tonight, Banff tomorrow, Valmount Tuesday and then on Wednesday back down 93 towards Columbia Falls and try to make the Glacier Park ride headed east, and then back to the "Grind" as I call it across the flat land back to reality!

So today we went up Revelstoke Mt, thanks for that advice, that was beautiful up there! This afternoon we went rafting, that was fun!

We stopped at Kooteny HD the other day, mentioned you name to the clothing gal, nice place!

Last edited by jdw1; 07-31-2017 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:05 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Ya, next weekend.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:23 AM
jdw1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
Ya, next weekend.
Ok, damn, one week apart! Oh well maybe next time, you were only about 4 hours south of me when you were in Iowa and oddly enough you drove right by my brother in laws house when you went to Adel Ia.

One more question, is there a ski lift worth going up over by Lake Louise or Banff?

Thanks for all your help and advice and from all that resonded with suggestions, things to do and see and those that extended hospitality towards my wife and I!

Thank you all!

Quick Reply: Canadian Rockies