Notices
Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Runs only with choke out

Old 06-13-2019, 01:13 PM
hyprr1
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Y'all have been so great!
Thank you so much! I really appreciate all your replies....
Looks like I have a bit of work to do in the next few weeks......but I'll definitely keep you guys posted!

Old 06-13-2019, 01:50 PM
smitty901
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 872 Posts

Originally Posted by hyprr1 View Post

Y'all have been so great!
Thank you so much! I really appreciate all your replies....
Looks like I have a bit of work to do in the next few weeks......but I'll definitely keep you guys posted!
Looks good. I have a 1996 Fatboy that has never sat a year sense it was new still going strong. However it has never been touch by bubba the half *** indy. There are some darn good EVO indys around but you really need to do you homework before letting them touch it.
Read up on cleaning the Tappet screen. If you have trouble find information yell most here can explain it.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:15 PM
98fat
One Of The Regulars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 98 Fatboy with carb issues when I bought it (stock CV carb). When I looked at the rebuild kit I found I could buy a Mikuni for about the same amount. I replaced the carb with a Mikuni dialed it in and it ran like a top.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:28 AM
Aogmitch
One Of The Regulars
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

As some have stated, my bet is the pilot jet is plugged. A good carb cleaning and a new pilot jet will get things working right. Probably wouldn’t hurt to install a new float needle and seat while in there.

The following users liked this post:
hyprr1 (06-14-2019)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: