Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSP Programming - Rushmore

Old 04-25-2017, 07:31 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts
Default DSP Programming - Rushmore

Been talking with several different folks that have installed the ARC DSP on their Rushmores but I'm kind of scratching my head a bit over the software versions that are being used in many of the programming.
If the most current software versions offer the most beneficial overall functionality of the HU then why would we be using software updates as far back as 19.0.
I thought the intent of the DSP was to capture the best of all worlds with the Boom HU. If I have to use prehistoric software versions to get the DSP to work as intended, why would I not just stay with the BT355s and most current updates?

Thanks for your input!!!! I'm just at that "if it works, don't duck with it" crossroad cause all the parts are sitting on the work bench staring at me but not sure if going backwards two steps and forward two steps is worth the energy.

Thx again!!'

T.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:43 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

The 2 presets #2 and #3 and based off model year 16.5+ updates. Use preset 2 with whatever newest update that works for you that is the least buggy and run with it.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:53 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

interesting info. thanks Matt.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:53 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Is there a difference in what finale tune will look like based on what preset you start with. Will psm stay accurate if you use preset two with 20.1 software then upgrade to next version and so on.IS it tune with liked flash and preset two then don't flash again unless you want to start over.
I am thinking file sharing for eq and slope for speakers that are same has many variables (preset,radio flash,watts,amp's)and even loc volts for input on psm. Question is should one even be trying to tune bye file sharing ?

I know this was never marketed as plug and play just looking for least painful approach .

Thanks ,Alan

Old 04-25-2017, 09:17 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

Just gonna have to try and see. We can always revert back to the last known tune. It's not like all is lost.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:21 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 386 Posts

This shiznit seems to be getting pretty involved for tuning compared to the old caveman twist the ***** till it sounds good tune.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:25 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

I don't think file sharing is the way to go here. Remember this like like a performance tuner...sure you can share a canned map, but optimal is getting your bike Dyno'd. There is no one "best" eq setting when taking into consideration everyone uses different amps, different power, there's also different "likes". Some guys want more bass and that usually means less power and lower HPF, or some want it louder...more power then you need a higher HPF, etc. With regard to the different softwares we've done about 8 rushmores now with this thing and to be fully honest I've never once checked to see what the software version was. Some were flashed previously, some were 14's other 17's, etc. and for each bike we flatlined preset 1 and tuned from scratch. Every bike we've been able to achieve the sound we wanted. Having said that, one bike took us over 4 hours to get just perfect and we were left scratching our heads on a set of 10's and just couldn't get it right.....but ultimately we did. Point being, I have no idea what the different softwares sound like since we've been able to make all the necessary adjstments.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:45 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain

Thanks four hours ?? I have. never mind just make me look more ........

Old 04-26-2017, 10:31 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain

Haze, Thanks for input not sure if this is good place to ask questions so disregard if needed.

1. If software dose not matter are you checking each build for Loc Vac to determine psm input volts or have you found one or other just works best regardless of actual reading.

2.Your builds are extreme since only six channel psm how are you powering extra channels splitters off of Loc pre psm ? or use line level and split of that for all none psm channels.

3.Since the aw 6.5 is so popular could you share a screen shot of eq and crossover for these .Reason ask is would like to see how much a pro is altering eq freq. files I have seen are very minor + or - 2 or 3 on any freq and good part left untouched .This sounds good. But one can also get crazy and have very good outcome. Think less is better but also keep thinking about the parametric eq on alpine had some pretty aggressive slope and eq work done.
Again just ignore this if impeaching on secrets of your trade .
Thanks ,Alan

Old 04-26-2017, 04:12 PM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYINGBROKE
Haze, Thanks for input not sure if this is good place to ask questions so disregard if needed.

1. If software dose not matter are you checking each build for Loc Vac to determine psm input volts or have you found one or other just works best regardless of actual reading.

2.Your builds are extreme since only six channel psm how are you powering extra channels splitters off of Loc pre psm ? or use line level and split of that for all none psm channels.

3.Since the aw 6.5 is so popular could you share a screen shot of eq and crossover for these .Reason ask is would like to see how much a pro is altering eq freq. files I have seen are very minor + or - 2 or 3 on any freq and good part left untouched .This sounds good. But one can also get crazy and have very good outcome. Think less is better but also keep thinking about the parametric eq on alpine had some pretty aggressive slope and eq work done.
Again just ignore this if impeaching on secrets of your trade .
Thanks ,Alan
1. I never take any readings from the LOC, the amp VAC, distortion detector, etc. I kinda know what it's supposed to sound like since we use a very limited product line. This may sound silly but I really just use my ears to guide me to the sound I'm looking for. So long as there's no distortion, I'm good.

2. 99% of the time we use two channel in and that's it.

3. Yeah posting an exact EQ is something I can't post and consider that proprietary to what we do at the shop. I honestly think openly sharing a setting when the amp, the music, etc. could all be potentially be different would be somewhat counterproductive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DSP Programming - Rushmore