General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any road rage incidents on your bike you regretted?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 03:16 PM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts
Default Any road rage incidents on your bike you regretted?

My goal is to ride courteous and safe, just cruisin' and enjoying my bike, and all the great stuff that goes with the ride. But many years ago I let my anger get the best of me. I was in the slow lane going about 65, when some cager passed me after riding my *** for way too long, then nearly clipped me when deciding to pass and cut back in front of me into my lane. It was bad timing, me going through a divorce and all. I pulled up to the driver's side of his (yes, it was a guy) car and kicked his door best I could without dumping my bike, then hauled *** away, bird in the air as I did. What a stupid move on my part, and I regret doing it. Now I just wave and smile at cagers who deserve more. They get the hint.

What the hell...chastize me, I don't mind putting my dumb out there for all to see. I've done "dumb"...have you?

Old 04-29-2017, 03:21 PM
Bopple Hill Rd
Road Warrior
Received 386 Likes on 256 Posts

All of them. I've never gone any further with it than flipping a bird or saying WTF to someone, but every time, once I get back to my senses I regret letting anger get the best of me. We all know there's nothing to be gained in that situation, and the satisfaction of "telling them" turns to embarrassment and regret in pretty short order, (at least for me). As i get older, I get wiser and it's a very rare occurrence where I react at all any more. So there is some good to aging.

The following 4 users liked this post by Bopple Hill Rd:
crazytown (05-11-2017), deadhawg (04-29-2017), FunGramps (04-29-2017), indiandave (04-29-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 03:54 PM
FunGramps
Banned

Originally Posted by Bopple Hill Rd
All of them. I've never gone any further with it than flipping a bird or saying WTF to someone, but every time, once I get back to my senses I regret letting anger get the best of me. We all know there's nothing to be gained in that situation, and the satisfaction of "telling them" turns to embarrassment and regret in pretty short order, (at least for me). As i get older, I get wiser and it's a very rare occurrence where I react at all any more. So there is some good to aging.
You said, it brother. But sometimes I wish we were born wiser, and only become stupid once we hit the nursing home. Being stupid in the nursing home doesn't have many pitfalls.

Old 04-29-2017, 04:06 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

None that I regret, no.

The following 2 users liked this post by shorelasHD:
FunGramps (04-29-2017), tar_snake (04-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 04:11 PM
indiandave
Road Master
Received 292 Likes on 170 Posts

I never road rage. Four wheels will always beat two. And life's too short.

The following 2 users liked this post by indiandave:
Darkride (05-05-2017), FunGramps (04-29-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 04:43 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Originally Posted by indiandave
I never road rage. Four wheels will always beat two. And life's too short.
And with so many carrying guns like 1880 Dodge City, it's an idiot that rages against most anyone...car or bike.

The following 2 users liked this post by ChickinOnaChain:
FunGramps (04-29-2017), HenryT (04-29-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 04:49 PM
Dr.Midnight
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,001 Likes on 7,113 Posts

Several years ago, I was cruising North in the slow lane heading for home on the local highway. I could see that there was a car hanging back behind me in the fast lane, but it wasn't making any attempt to pass me. You know that feeling you get on your bike when something bad is going to happen? Sure enough, that feeling kicked in for me right then.

As the fast lane began to end and merge with that slow lane into a single one, that car must have floored it in an attempt to get by me. My *** started running out of real estate fast. I was forced to get on the brakes hard or this chick would have forced me off the road into the ditch.

I got beside her the next opportunity I had and I screamed my head off at her how she could have killed me if I had not been paying attention. I remember wishing I had a bolt or something I could have thrown threw her damn window at the time.

Looking back, I regret behaving like that, but thinking back, I wonder if this chick realizes how close she was to putting a hurting on me.

The following users liked this post:
FunGramps (04-29-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 06:22 PM
FunGramps
Banned

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
And with so many carrying guns like 1880 Dodge City, it's an idiot that rages against most anyone...car or bike.
Absolutely. Hell, It's getting so that in some areas, it's dangerous enough just looking at the person beside you.

Originally Posted by Dr.Midnight
Several years ago, I was cruising North in the slow lane heading for home on the local highway. I could see that there was a car hanging back behind me in the fast lane, but it wasn't making any attempt to pass me. You know that feeling you get on your bike when something bad is going to happen? Sure enough, that feeling kicked in for me right then.

As the fast lane began to end and merge with that slow lane into a single one, that car must have floored it in an attempt to get by me. My *** started running out of real estate fast. I was forced to get on the brakes hard or this chick would have forced me off the road into the ditch.

I got beside her the next opportunity I had and I screamed my head off at her how she could have killed me if I had not been paying attention. I remember wishing I had a bolt or something I could have thrown threw her damn window at the time.

Looking back, I regret behaving like that, but thinking back, I wonder if this chick realizes how close she was to putting a hurting on me.
Now days, it seems like people think they have the right of way 24/7. I've had people fairly recently flip me off because I had the audacity to slow down so I could make a sharp right turn safely, and others almost plow into me because they were merging into the highway, and I had no room to let them in with traffic to my left and on my ***. Un-friggin-believable!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-30-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:08 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 241 Likes on 106 Posts

Most commuters especially in AM traffic are MacDonaldized today. They are in a hurry and have a short fuse. With my last line of employment in mind, I let those individuals get ahead of me. I figure another minute or two out of my life time is a small price to pay for not making an *** out of myself.

Road rage is a bad thing, people are killed over a minor issue. I do not want to be one involved in this shi$$.

The following users liked this post:
FunGramps (04-29-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 08:04 PM
01dyna
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,013 Likes on 655 Posts

We were in Montrose CO last summer when this stupid b!tch almost hit us three different times in a matter of 2-3 minutes. I grabbed a Gatorade bottle off my handlebar cup holder and threw it at her. She acted dazed and confused. When the opportunity finally came to get away from her I took off.

I never regretted that, and almost regret I didn't follow her to her destination and give her a royal a$$ chewing.

Some people have to be yelled at to get their attention. And if they're too damn stupid to realize they are risking other peoples lives with careless driving, then maybe a wakeup call could save someone else's life in the future.

And yes if it'd been a big ugly dude, I'd still done it. The fact she was a chick is probably the only reason I didn't follow her to her destination.

The following 3 users liked this post by 01dyna:
FunGramps (04-29-2017), JustinC13A (04-30-2017), tar_snake (04-30-2017)

Quick Reply: Any road rage incidents on your bike you regretted?