General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terrific people here--interspersed with so many morons

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 07:33 PM
albngore
Road Master
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Terrific people here--interspersed with so many morons

It is perhaps nothing but my imagination (but I doubt it) that identifies Harley Davidson riders highest on the list of cycle-identity imbeciles: we ride the greatest dinosaurs in the world of motorcycles; you bitch about everything on them from wobble to brakes, to fluids, to tire stems--price, weight, heat generation, windshields, OEM power. Yet, you buy into the corporate HD marketing that attributes bigger ***** to small minds with large expensive motorcycles that are pretty good, but nowhere near a good value for the money it takes to buy one.

I am 70 years old and have only owned Harley's since I was 16. I liked all my Harleys, but I never was stupid enough to believe that my cycles were better than Japanese cycles--or, that a black motorcycle jacket sporting a ridiculous eagle and obnoxiously loud pipes made me special. It only made me appear retarded--intellectually, socially and developmentally handicapped, if you prefer.

Yet, I continue to exist here among you because there are also excellent, helpful, sane people here who ride Harleys just as I do and do not view themselves as special because they paid $10,000 more than an excellent Japanese machine costs.

After all my years on this website, I find the worst here represented by the brain-dead guy riding a Sportster (that's what I used to call the things when I owned an XLCH when I was 20 years old) who was puzzled that he could not make a radical curve (public roadway) at excessive speed on his cycle without catching the foot pegs and crashing across two lanes. Was something wrong with his foot peg placement, he wondered? It does not matter if he was an inexperienced rider. What matters is that he is too stupid to own or ride a motorcycle; and too dangerous to exist among us. Possibly a leather vest with rockers would buck up his confidence--maybe a Willie G. skull here and there--or a Live to Ride therapy in Milwaukee. God forbid taking an oh so girly motorcycle skills course in the local parking lot--not cool at all, especially on them tiny Japanese trainers provided.

The bottom line of my rant is an appeal to everyone here: always call out morons for bad behavior, stupidity and willful ignorance. Such chastisement might even save one of our own lives some day (when another fool catches a foot peg he doesn't even understand is possible to catch at extreme angles).

The following 3 users liked this post by albngore:
Joe Mc (04-30-2017), MacTarnahan (05-01-2017), tar_snake (04-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 07:40 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

What does this have to do with Touring Bikes? Moving to General Chat.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:43 PM
Hinzy
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 04-29-2017, 08:00 PM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

At 62 years old, I've owned about 18 various brands and sizes of bikes, but always gravitate to Harley...because I like the way they sound, feel and look. I also like the history that goes with them. And I don't mind saying that I wear a vintage-style, 14 year-old Schott Perfecto leather jacket with expensive, NOS vintage Harley patches sewn onto it. But the "bling" is for me and not the other guy. As far as I'm concerned, everyone is a fellow rider and I give them the same respect no matter what they choose to ride, or if they look like a lit Christmas tree going down the road...as long as they are good people. Cheers!

Originally Posted by Hinzy
If that's buttered, will you share?

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-30-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:00 PM
Cozz
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,831 Likes on 1,845 Posts
Default Trollish

I remember reading that post. Sounded very trollish to me. I think Indian guys post stupid **** here ALL the time, just to stir things up. It usually works.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:03 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,254 Likes on 11,139 Posts

Too many words for me to read.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:04 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,785 Likes on 9,863 Posts
Old 04-29-2017, 08:22 PM
BFREE
Grand HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 163 Posts

OP, only a moron uses the word retarded the way you did.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:28 PM
ieatchickens
Road Warrior
Received 608 Likes on 309 Posts

OP,

Don't confuse people who frequent any forum with the general population of a given product. Total different animal. You're average HD rider on the road doesn't post here.

People in forums have different slants both positive and negative. No generalizations should be made from these people.

The following users liked this post:
FunGramps (04-29-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 08:30 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Wouldn`t it be boring if everyone was the same?

Quick Reply: Terrific people here--interspersed with so many morons